V2 Ch 11. 0 days without issues
452 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a nearby hill I saw a group of people. They were watching me with interest.

I suspected them to be the infamous orcs and measured the distance using my rangefinders.

The people soon began walking in my direction to which I took out the stiletto and prepared to fight. They shouted: “We are not enemies! We are adventurers who took the quest to save this village!”

I sighed out in relief and walked to greet them.

Oh s*, noble…

And I thought why the reward is so high…

“Greetings, you are adventurers, correct? I find it funny that we arrived here at the same day.” I decided to calm them down and show that I have nothing to do with the quest. If they dislike nobles then I am already not in the best position so it’d be better to let the villagers handle them.

Are you not the contractor?” One of the adventurers asked with suspicion.

“No, I am but a wild girl who walked out of the forest. Jokes aside, I really walked into this village and found out about its problems only by accident. And no, I have no relation to this village whatsoever.”

The group of adventurers consists of 7 men, all are well equipped and ready to fight the menace. I don’t doubt their capabilities, yet I wonder if my help will not be necessary.

After the adventurers learnt that I am not the one who they should talk to, they immediately made their way to the villagers, without even glancing at me even more.


I decided to find out how do I aim at something that is not in my line of sight. I summoned my gear and aimed the guns further than my line of sight. Immediately my vision changed into the bird’s eye vision of the area with some sort of an aiming reticle and data sheet where I saw information about range, speed and suggested corrections.

Everything outside of my vision was covered in a fog of war but what was within radar vision was still visible. I saw birds flying around and when the other birds were flying into my radar vision they began appearing out of nowhere. I guess that is why I require the hydroplanes.

For now I returned to the village.

The adventurers were discussing something with the villagers, Xera was sharpening the swords she received, and Lilith was just wandering around aimlessly. Considering that I am too just going to wander around I checked my stats to see if I can improve something.

Ding

New achievement: killed the King of a swamp

You received 1 gold coin, 4 skill points, 8 copper coins, 12’’/35 Mk VIII (Replaces MG), 2 upgrade points, 6 modernizations


HMS Delight – BC. Mod 1910/1930 – Modernization progress 2/10.

Accuracy – 2/100

Reload – 5/100

Recoil – 1/100

Machinery – 99/25

Guns – 99/25

Equipment – 99/25

Main guns 12''/35 Mk VIII. Loaded - 0/8. Firerate - 0.1/0.86. Range - 13.5 km.
Secondary guns 4''/40 QF Mk III. Loaded - 0/6. Firerate - 0.4/8. Range - 8.5 km.
Tertiary guns 1.85''/40 QF Mk II. Loaded 0/4. Firerate - 1/20.
AA guns

37mm Pom-pom. Loaded 8/8.

0.5''/62 Mk III. Loaded 10/10.

0.303 Maxim. Loaded 8/8.

Requiem. Lvl 1. Memento Mori. Lvl 6. Lyddite rain. Lvl 1.
On activation: 10s reload for next salvo. The following salvo has 40s reload. Can be activated every 40s. On activation: -25% chance of breakdown and flash fire. When this ship is hit by an attack that would otherwise sink it: 25% chance to completely heal this ship. Duration: 15s. Can be activated every 5 minutes. On activation: Fires a salvo of HE Lyddite shells with higher chance to set fire on target and deal critical damage. Has 90% chance of critical malfunction.

While I have nothing to do I decided to try making myself useful. I headed to the river to ‘silently’ launch a hydroplane. This time I risked a catapult launch. And the plane was launched. Right into the river. I love those malfunctions.

Instead of grieving my disastrous launch I launched another plane, using the river this time.

Soon the plane began searching around the area and found trails which might belong to the orcs. The orcs lack dakka so they must be weak. Soon I found their settlement and even from above I can confirm that these guys are not friendly to the mankind. One more reason to test out my guns.

I began a painfully slow process of loading the new guns.

10 minutes later.

Two gun turrets suffered from hydraulics malfunction, one had a fire breaking out and one, miraculously, finished loading and had its guns raised to open fire.

[Alright, come what may. I will try firing at the orcs with 2% chance to hit anything.]

Boom Boom

I fixed my eyes on the orc settlement. One minute, two minutes… Yes, a complete miss. I wonder why I am so unlucky.

For now I need to get out of here before anyone arrives to check what happened here.

6