V2 Ch 71. Pureblood politics
289 8 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wonder why I was not surprised to hear that I might end up in the middle of a war. There was no flurry feeling of fear.

Instead of worrying for no reason I decided to come up with an answer.

“I guess there is no helping it. What exactly are you planning?

“While the empire plans their land invasion we will raid their capital from the sea. That ship of yours might even be able to break through the enemy’s fleet.” (W)

“Well then, you know that I do not want to be the scapegoat so I want a document to confirm our agreement.”

“That person will arrange everything. Cherry, can you go and do that?” The king looked at Charlotte.

“Oh my, how close you are.” I smiled when I saw her blushing.

I cannot believe it, did I mishear you? Is this a covered up sarcasm? Is this…” (W)

How about we stop it?

“I will be back soon.” Charlotte escaped our company as fast as she could.


While she is away we have some time to discuss the actual terms and then what is necessary to do, so we went straight to the details.

“Aside from the protection I will have to make sure the guilty will be punished. Not to mention I currently only live off being a student and from Lilith’s money.

You mean the money we gave you?” (W)

“You mean the money you gave us as the compensation for your royal bastard’s stupidity?” When I finished I saw that the king shifted his look a bit. An accidental bullseye is a funny thing.

“Just look here. My poor Lilith is still worried about what happened so how about…

“A title and land. That is the most I can pay you for your strength.” (W)

A seaside property would be so nice to have…

“It costs quite a lot, you know? There are no free land plots there! Every worthy centimeter of land is owned already!” (W)

Hello, are there any imperial property agents nearby? I would like to buy some land for a mansion.

Ha-ha-ha! Do try to do this! There is no way you will…” (W)

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Are there any preferences of where it should be, or regarding the surroundings? Would you like a beach nearby…?” [Now we are talking.]

Nice to hear you remembered there is a nice sandy beach with a forest and a waterfall nearby. Also with a good, already built, pier where I can drop my anchor.

It should be worth it. Just bear with it…’ (W)

“Oh, right. I will not be swearing my fealty to you.”

Uuu… U-huuu…’ (W)


“As I was saying, you will join the main fleet which will attack their capital.” (W)

“Will I just be a background for them or perhaps…?

“Use your magic to destroy their capital. Then our troops will land and plunder the city.” Is that normal?

“You Majesty’s plan is straightforward. Maybe she should destroy everything herself? The troops will not be required in such case.” Xera too?!

NO. I will provide some fire support against the fleet and castles but I will not participate in destroying everything.” The two muscle heads looked at me in amazement. Did they really think I would risk exploding my a* for the sake of their razing and plundering whatever they see?

“If the enemy comes they will not spare a single one of us. Your friends included.” (W)

“If I keep firing then I will turn into a floating bomb. No, thank you.

I understand… What will you do if you decide to stop OUR troops?” The king asked me with suspicion.

Well… In case I decide that there is an unnecessary bloodshed then I might accidentally fire the main guns into a crowd of murderers. Just saying~.” He looked at me for a couple of seconds but the moment his gaze shifted to Lilith and Xera he understood what it means. They are the ones who have the most experience witnessing my firepower.

Does it mean you want to turn into our enemy?” (W)

“No, it does not. I just don’t want to see the unnecessary bloodshed. Seeing it from behind the smoke and distance does not hurt as much as the immediate sight.” I hope he understands what has to be done.

Fine, be it your way. However, if you fail to deliver me the results I want…” (W)

Then I will be…?

“Young Ladies that accompany you might be a bit disappointed… I-I mean… I do not threaten them! Calm down, for Gods’ sake! It’s just… They had a request so…” I let go of his collar and stepped back.

Very well. I hope neither one of us will regret this talk. Just saying.” For now I will find some hot water to brew some tea.

“There is one condition.” I turned my head and sent him Catalina’s death glare.

“Michael will accompany you. Maybe you two might find some common interests, perhaps even ma…” (W)

BANG

Miss Delight surely does not understand this weird humor, Your Majesty.’ (L)

2