V2 Ch 73. A flying chariot of fire
290 18 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Captain’s Log, Seadate Unknown. I am stuck in this madship for more than two weeks. We survived the first week relatively well but now everyone but me has gone insane. I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO IS STILL SANE.

Food and water supplies are running low. All sweets supplies were consumed. Sometimes when I look at Lilith I feel she would be sweet if I eat her.

All of my companions and random passengers have gone wild. Lilith and Xera locked themselves inside the captain’s quarters. Charlotte and her father are nowhere to be seen, perhaps they were already eaten. I don’t care about the prince, he might as well jump into the water. What is worse, they locked me inside the bridge.

The land is nowhere to be seen. Whoever decided to sail through the open sea as the shortest way might as well kill themselves. Kill. Yes, kill… Kill them all. Kill them all… KillthemallKillthemallKillthemallKillthemall…


If the maps are correct then we should be somewhat close to the enemy capital. After the first week we started encountering occasional merchant ships were sailing under the empire’s flag and the closer we were to the target, the more of them we encountered.

Unlike us, 6 idiots who never spent more than a week in a ship, and we were mostly anchored, the regular sailors on the sail ships were fine and happy. Well, I will scrag them if they dare saying it was a short and nice trip.

Knock-knock

Miss Delight, how are you in there?” (L)

“I’m fine. How are the others?”

Bur… One… moment…” Well, her seasickness did not disappear.

JUST NOT ON MY DECK!” I warned her.

KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK

Hey! Is it so hard for you to open the damned door?!” (X)

YES!

Even for Milady?!” (X)

YES!

What if I tell you that the land was spotted?” I opened the armored door of the bridge.

“Say hello to the world, psycho! Might it be the first time you opened this f* door since you holed up in there?Wait…? I thought THEY locked me here…?

I’m… back…~” Lilith wobbled and surely was not in the best condition.

“I heard something creaking. Ho-ho-ho~! Miss Delight, I am glad to finally see you.” Charlotte was trying to hide the fact that she ran upstairs by covering her face with a fan. There are many stairs she had to run.

So, you are sure that the ground is nearby?

“No, but the birds are flying near so it should be. Right?” Lilith’s innocence is also her greatest flaw. I could only caress her head.

“I guess nobody understood what M’Lady meant. Some ravens flew nearby. Well, I never heard that they are seabirds.” (X)

Fine… Fine…” I went back to the controls and began stopping the ship. I don’t want to risk using the catapults so to launch the hydroplanes I will have to completely stop. Not that it would be hard with my snail speed.

“Miss Delight, are you going to stop? Why?” (C)

“The hydroplanes cannot be launched while we are moving. Theoretically they can but…”

You mean those flying things?” (L)

“Yes.”

I WANT TO FLY!” (L)

I WANT TO FLY!” (C)

Xera wanted to shout that too but after she heard she was not the first, she decided to pretend nothing happened.

Fine… Which one of you…?

Me!” They both shouted.

“Which ‘me’ of you?”

Me!” They started glaring at each other. Is it time for Big Sis Delight to step in…?

“Lilith, wait for me there. Charlotte, I want you to follow me and be ready to help with one important thing.” I sent her to the radio room.


After I was done with Charlotte’s crash course and tuned the radio station, I went to the hydroplanes. One of them was already lowered via a crane while the other is waiting for its passenger.

Lilith will be sitting in the navigator’s seat of the plane. She has good side visibility so it should keep her entertained.

Bags – check. Seatbelt – check. Parachute – check…

Why would I need the bags?” She looked at me in confusion.

“If you dirty the plane with your vomit then you will be the one cleaning it. Bags. Are. Here.” I showed her the plastic bags to make sure she understands where they are. I doubt that the planes have auto-clean function so I wanted to make sure she will not dirty anything here.

After a quick crash course on what to do in case of a rapid unplanned disassembly, I closed the cockpit and the plane was lowered to the water.


Lilith’s POV

[Wow! It is so cool! I want to know how it flies!]

Pum

wwwwrrWRRR

The ‘plane’ started coughing and shaking. I was shaken as well.

[SCARY, IT IS SCARY!!!]

Pum

WRRRR-WRUUUUUUU

KYAAAAAA!!!

Suddenly, the ‘plane’ stopped shaking so violently and after final coughs a lot of smoke came out of its nose.

HELP ME! MISS DELIGHT, HELP ME! IT IS BURNING! HELP ME!” I was crying out to her but she was only looking at my approaching death from the board of the ship and waved me.

HELP MEEEE!!!

WRRRRRUUUM

[It stopped smoking… and started moving forward.]

4