‘A side story of darkness and a cat’ No 27.
253 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The perfect steak

The second contest was supposed to be the main dish. This time the fat man decided to procure the ingredients himself so I was left with nothing to do.

Three days of petting and sleep later.

Contestants…! Make us the perfect dish!

As always everyone rushed cooking but I could not because the fat man was nowhere to be seen.

Two hours left!” After the announcement I started to worry.

One hour left!” Now it was not even a worry.

Bang

The doors were loudly opened and the fat man rushed in with something behind him.

It was a huge cage with a few orcs inside.

Sorry for being late. Now, my assistant. We had no time to prepare the ingredients beforehand so please make yourself useful. You remember where to cut?” I nodded.

Are they going to…?

They dared bringing monsters inside the palace?

Outrageous!

I opened the cage and when one of the orcs tried rushing out I turned him into two perfect steaks.

Faster, please! We are behind the schedule!” (FM)

“Yes, chef.”

Cut

Slash

Chop

With the orcs being turned into a plate of raw steaks I began sousing them.

My attention was caught by the fact that I heard no sounds after I started cooking. I looked around and saw that everybody was looking at us with their eyes wide open. Not that it matters.

W-what are y-you p-p-p-pres-s-senting…?” The current royal chef was weirdly quiet today.

“Allow me to present our special dish: ‘Teriyaki orc steak’. My assistant is master of making the most… ‘unorthodox’ dishes. Bon appetite.” (FM)

Needless to say that with the Sakura special cooking techniques we could not lose.

3