‘A side story of darkness and a cat’ No 29.
250 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Easy as pie

Contestants…! Make us the perfect dessert! You, just stay there and don’t cause trouble! Please!

Chef?” I looked at the fat man.

“Now, my assistant, separate the eggs’ whites and start whisking them. They won’t say a word unless you step away from the bowl.” (FM)

I started doing what the fat man said and after the rest of the ingredients were added I gave him the finished dough.

“Good, very good. You made a considerable progress since the first time. Now, make me the cream.” While he was making the cake itself I returned to whisking.

The other teams were looking at us with envy and concern. It must be because I feel greatly motivated by the fact that I will be eating all the time if we win so I estimate my cooking efficiency to be 104%.

How is your progress?” The royal chef approached us and curiously looked at the cream.

“The preparation is on schedule.” I had to look at him because my friends kept on telling me it is rude to not look at the other party.

“I see, it is good to know that…” (RC)

Slice

“…” (RC)

The royal chef was a bit bewildered that I cut off a finger that tried to stain the cream I was making.

MY FINGER!!!” The intruder was one of the apprentice cooks from another team. It was foolish to assume I will not hear his approach or that I would let my guard down. My fighting efficiency is 103% after all.

I… will be going…” (RC)

“Farewell.”

I returned to the work after I returned the finger to its owner. I gave the results of my work to the fat man.

“Good work, my assistant.” The fat man nodded approvingly.

At long last, we are close to our undisputed victory. This receipt has no way of failing.

Kuronami-san, I entrust you to form the cake and cover it with the cream. Shape this malleable mass however you like.” (FM)

Yes, chef!

4