V2 Ch 76. One ship fleet
291 9 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A normal battleship opens fire at its maximum range and pounds its targets from afar. Eight or nine huge guns would send a few cars flying at crazy distance and cause catastrophic destruction. Of course while I do lack in strength, compared to the likes of Yamato, I am still strong enough to cause a fleet of furnace fuel to be sent to their forefathers.

BANG BANG BANG

A handful of 102mm shells landed around a group of galleys.

While the enemy’s scattered galleons were still setting up their sails and preparing for the fight, the galleys and other oar ships hurried to attack me. Of course they could not even see me and only followed the smoke.

BANG BANG BANG

Instead of firing the 356 I was raining a much cheaper ammo at the approaching ships. While Xera’s corrections begged for a bullet, I still wanted the crew to have some fun. After all, I have no reason to hurry the havoc.

Battleships!” Xera shouted through the intercom.

Among all options I chose the one that favored the enemy the most. I let them form the broadside line.

“Sir, are there any gunpowder weapons onboard of the empire’s ships?”

“You mean the same as yours?” (D)

“Something similar, yes.”

“They have.” It was all I needed to know.


I almost had to stop the engines to be able to float with their speed. Soon the battleships formed their line and began closing the distance while maintaining downwind course. It took them a lot of time to get into the visual range.

Just what are you planning?” The duke was holding back his fear when he saw 19 pennants to our starboard.

For the normal people it might be a dreadful armada, for me it was a row of practice targets.

All stations, we are accelerating!

Ding-ding-ding

With a small shake the ship leniently started accelerating at ‘Full ahead’.

From a large distance and through their crude optics the enemy ships would never guess what I am doing until it’s too late.


Almost 5 minutes later we started to get ahead of them and I opened the side armored doors.

The starboard triple 533mm torpedo launcher was aimed to hit the middle of the formation.

All stations, brace yourselves for emergency maneuvers. We are turning in 10!

Splash

Creak

With a lot of effort and the steering broken and repaired, the rudder was turned to the rightmost position which made the 44000 tons of krupp armor and finest steel turn like a destroyer. And like a destroyer, I fired a second wave of torpedoes.

While the first wave was launched with their speed set to low, the second on is at their maximum speed. It should make…

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Four pillars of water shot up within the enemy line. When the rudder was straightened, I opened fire with 76mm guns to measure the distance.

“Xera, Michael, stand down. Have some rest while I am busy.”

Unlike with the smaller guns, I do not want to entrust the integrity of my lower back to Xera and Michael’s measurements when it comes to the actual firepower.

When the shots were perfectly measured I prepared to fire.


Without a fail and ‘Memento Mori’ abuse the guns were loaded and turned towards the targets.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Two ships were pierced and the shells exploded on their other side. One ship was overturned by a near-miss.

Soon, under the gunfire of mine, the enemy turned to retreat. By that time out of their naval power only 3 ships with tattered sails were afloat. Of course, it does not mean my job here is done and we can pack our battlecruiser into a box.

While the main fleet is abandoned somewhere behind, I will soften the capital to let the allies capture it when they finally bless us with their presence.

As the main guns were aimed at the target I prepared for the coastal bombardment.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM


Lilith’s POV

Four explosions happened inside of the capital’s citadel.

The large fortress was designed by the empire to protect the empire’s heart if the city is attacked. Nobody ever managed to break through its thick walls and make it fall.

I can only imagine the faces of the soldiers and the imperial family when the citadel disintegrates in front of their eyes. This logic-defying thing is only possible when you meet someone to whom the common sense could never be applied.


Ding

New achievement: defeated Grand Admiral Throne

You received 1 repair kit, 23 upgrade points, 1 gold coin, 16 silver coins, 3 skill points


HMS Delight – BC. Mod – 1949, Retrofit progress: 1/2. Upgrade progress – 4/10.

Accuracy – 50/100

Reload – 40/100

Recoil – 10/100

Machinery – 97/25

Guns – 50/25

Equipment – 95/25

Requiem. Lvl 1. Memento Mori. Lvl 10. Lyddite rain. Lvl 10.
On activation: 10s reload for next salvo. The following salvo has 40s reload. Can be activated every 40s. On activation: -25% chance of breakdown and flash fire. When this ship is hit by an attack that would otherwise sink it: 25% chance to completely heal this ship. Duration: 30s. Can be activated every 2 minutes. On activation: Fires a salvo of HE Lyddite shells with higher chance to set fire on target and deal critical damage. Has 10% chance of critical malfunction.
5