‘A side story of darkness and a cat’ No 30, Final.
306 9 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Power of the empty stomach

I looked at what I have.

There were bowls with the dough and the cream, an oven, and the tools.

I thought for a few minutes before understanding what should be done. The fat man must’ve wanted to surprise the king by giving him a cat in the bag. It can only mean one thing.

I approached the jury table.

What do you need?” Everybody was wary of something.

“Can I have a room where nobody would interrupt me?” After all, the best way of making a surprise is having nobody know what the result is until it is presented.

“If you say so…” The king whispered something to one of his aides and the aide led me to a room.

There was everything I would ever need to finish the cake so I began.

Meanwhile…

“That room surely came in handy.” The king laughed.

“I knew it is a good idea to prepare a separate kitchen in case that girl does something obnoxious.” The chef laughed as well.

TSHHHH!!!” ‘If she hears that, we both are dead!’ (TK)

Sorry…’ (RC)

I don’t know why they would be dead if I hear them but I guess it means I should not be telling anything.

I brought the cake in a box and put it on the jury table.

I removed the box and the cake was now in front of the king.

“That is… unexpected…” (TK)

The king curiously looked at the cake.

The cake has a perfect cylindrical shape, assured by a few corrections with the katana. It has good cream covering and artistic design. It also has some fruits and jam inside.

Is this what I think it is?’ (PF)

Yes…’ (F)

Now we know that it was her plan all along.’ (MG)

I perfectly recreated the appearance of a tuna can. It is hard to think of anything if you are hungry.


In the end it was not surprising that Kuronami’s team won. After that the fat man became the new royal chef and got stuck in the kitchen, while Kuronami became stuck in the dining hall eating and sleeping throughout many years...

The kingdom’s military budget is all spent on sustaining the insatiable hunger of the destroyer, but nobody complains. After all, ever since she settled down in the palace, no ruler dared challenging the kingdom because of the crazy catgirl, rumored to be so terrifyingly strong that she mercilessly cuts through entire armies.

Of course those are just rumors… Right?

2