V2 Ch 100. One last thing
379 9 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xera and I were standing against the girl in glasses. Two blades against one cheat fan.

Ready? Good. Let’s end you overcomfortable life.” (GiG)

PING

I blocked the fan that was aimed at Xera’s face and kicked the girl in glasses like a football player.

GYAAAAA!!!

I almost paid with my leg. Even though it was not cut off, I had my bones broken.

TAKE THIS!!!” With Xera’s cover I managed to stand up and push forward for an attack.

SMACK

But I had the top of my head hit with a fist.

This starts to bore me.” The girl in glasses looked at me with no interest. She prepared to strike me down.

DIE!!!” (X)

Xera swung at the slowed girl.

In a flash…

CUT

… the knight was cut in half.

NO!!!

You’d better worry about yourself.” (GiG)

Swing

Slash

A bitter taste of metal filled my mouth. With the remainder of my draining strength I looked up.

Rest well.’ The girl in glasses flashed, and I heard something hitting the ground.

As the view grew dark, I caught a glimpse of brown fox ears.


GAH! HA… HA… HA…” I gasped.

Hey! Take it easy!” I saw the faces of my wives.

Where am I…?

“We found you lying here, in the middle of a glade.” (C)

I looked around and… it was the same place where I fought the girl in glasses. The same place where we all… were killed…

I checked myself but there were no cuts and no damage. Even the stats showed no damage received. As if that did not happen.

Should we check her bottom? She might have a needle stuck there to make her so restless.” I looked at the foul-mouthed knight but she was perfectly fine too.

[Was it a dream…? A crazy dream…?]

I decided to return back home to relax. Physically I was perfectly fine, but mentally…

Without caring for the unnecessary ballast, I steamed back home. Weirdly, the flooded gun turrets and jammed hydraulics were all repaired, even though the 24-hour repair period did not pass.


The first thing I did after opening the door was heading to the bedroom.

Master…?” I passed by Francis, even without greeting her. It was either the rudest thing I could do, or I was too tired. Neither of those ever happened.

She was weird the past days. We need to look after her.’ (L)

The bedroom duties…?’ (F)

She is too tired for it. Delight looked like she was dead.’ (C)

[Though I was dead…]


The next few days I spent either sleeping, or thinking. By that time, the patience everybody had has dissipated.

Answer, what happened?” (C)

Just a bad dream…

No dream can keep one so disheartened for so long! Is it so hard to tell us?” (C)

‘…’

“Dear, we are always here to hear you out! We will understand anything you tell us! Like, we accepted that you are a ship!” (L)

What…?” (C)

You didn’t know…?” (X)
That is beyond crazy…’ (C)

Khm. As I was saying, tell us if something burdens you! I am eager to help you, my Dear wife!” (C)

Well… we were killed…

Their faces told me everything I need to know. I too would think I am crazy if I was to hear that from a side.

Then, even the death itself is not something that can stop us. How did you even manage to get yourself… killed?” (X)

“The girl in glasses. I have no idea how she did it.

“I feel like you were under the mind control magic.” (L)

“What do you know about it?”

“It is one of the hardest to learn magic types. That girl would not be near the king if she was not genius so I guess it is not surprising.” (L)

[That does make sense.]


With this issue no longer bothering me I returned to my slow-paced life. I was sleeping, eating, cuddling with pretty girls, and just having fun shooting down poor local monsterlife.

But this lifestyle started to burden me. The girl in glasses never showed up again but… her words…

[Was she right? That this comfortable lifestyle is not for me? That I stagnated and no longer move forward? What should I do…?]

“You are tired of this life?” I heard the God’s voice.

Why did you visit me?

“Because, if you remember, I offered you a chance to try something else when you are fed up with the current life. What do you think about trying something else? Something entirely new?” (G)

“I guess… why not? I will tell my loved ones that I will be missing.”

“Of course, whenever you are ready.” (G)

Now, I just need to finish one last thing…

If the part after the battle appears to be weird, it is because I rewrote it from scratch. The original was too grim and psychological. I don't have any regrets that I did rewrite it. I deleted all traces of the original ending so there will be no chances of it returning.

Did you like the Volume 2?
  • Yes! (4-5/5) Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Somewhat. (3/5) Votes: 5 18.5%
  • No. (1-2/5) Votes: 1 3.7%
Total voters: 27
0