V3 Ch 35. Endless waves
215 19 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CRASH

The ship jumped up on another wave and at the top of the wave, I fell down, right into the next wave.

Sometimes the waves were covering the windows of the bridge, making it impossible to see what is going on. If I was driving a car, then I would’ve already crashed into a tree for a hundred times but here in the sea it is a completely different story.

The brave captain Patricia was stuck in the toilet, washing out the contents of her stomach, and occasionally shouting at me and cursing.

My faithful fish robbers were also flying around, ignoring the waves as if they did not exist. Even after several hours of being cleaned, the seagulls were perfectly dry, even after they were flying right into the waves.

[That’s what I call 'magic world'. The world where you can literally enter a 5 meter wave, then spend a few second there, and then come out perfectly dry, even after doing so for hours.]

As we proceeded deeper into the storm, I realized that the waves are not going to calm down anytime soon. Moreover, I already had some flooding and took small damage from the waves.

If I was on a larger ship, then I wouldn’t even care about those waves, as if they did not exist. Now that I am on a smaller side of things, I can imagine how tough the life would be for sailors. If a steel ship of 3700t is rocked hard, then what would the storm like this look for a smaller ship, a galleon for example.

CRASH

I shivered when the windows were covered in water. I wonder if those are armored glass panels, designed to withstand at least something. If they are simple glass windows then would be as good as dead here, and dying was not a pleasant experience.


While I was busy thinking about my death, and possible dying now, the door opened and something crawled inside.

How is it going?” I asked the crawling something.

Can you make it stop…?” I could only pity Patricia. As a ship I felt nothing about being in the sea but even the best of sailors would go crazy if they are constantly in between the floor and the ceiling.

“I would, if I could. Bear with it for a bit longer. I think the waves are growing weaker.” I told her a white lie, since the waves were only growing stronger and she will actually go crazy if I don’t keep her focused on something.

They are?!” I was immediately held by the collar.

Don’t be so agitated, I still have a ship to be steered. How about you try to sleep?

Ye… yes… Maybe… Ho… I’ll be going…” I grabbed her hand and led her to the crew cabins, hoping that she will stop pestering me with her sea sickness.

I sat her on the bed and had to push her down and pin her with my body to just make sure the overagitated girl wouldn’t stand up again soon.

After I heard calm breathing, I let go of her and stood up. On my way out I heard some mumbling.

Was I a good girl, Sister…?

Play with me…

I returned to the bridge, and kept on making sure we will not topple.


Meanwhile, in the office.

Is everything proceeding smoothly?” The Doge of Benezio curiously asked Veronica.

“Yes, Father. We managed to form a perimeter around the pirate-controlled areas. Their main fleet is bound to its home port. In a couple of months, the new series of battleships will be finished. Victory is assured.” (V)

You said the same about that Beast. Where does your confidence come from?!” (D)

It was just a minor inconvenience. If Father followed the plan perfectly, she would've already been at your feet.” Veronica could only shrug her shoulders.

Impudent child! Are you saying this is my fault?” The Doge searched for a cup but his hands found nothing.

She was almost convinced. That is an indisputable fact.

Now, what should I do? Little Patricia is still out there, having fun.” (V)

“Focus on the current assignments. Make sure the pirates never reach the West. That much should do it…” (D)

“Absolutely.” Veronica bowed, and left the office.

I must try harder… Must try harder… Only work harder…

For Your sake…

Is Veronica on KN's side?
  • She must be, pretty girls are always on a good side. Votes: 7 36.8%
  • She is not an enemy but also not a friend. A circumstancial ally. Votes: 12 63.2%
  • She only wishes for KN's death. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 19
2