V3 Ch 38. Common sense breaker
178 4 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After we escaped from the sea monster, the sailing proceeded smoothly.

Aside from minor inconveniences, like rain and wind, the weather was favoring us.

I spent a lot of time thinking about the monster, and the huge storm prior to its attack.

[Could it be that they are related? Maybe the seagulls even created that storm to make the creature avoid us?]

I may not be close to the truth but I did not suspect the seagulls. They may be freeloaders, they may be making my life harder, and even cause Patricia to have a heart attack but I still trusted them.

I just hope that whatever we are searching for will be useful. We already wasted an entire week for no reason, while we should’ve been sailing West.” (P)

“You are right. Still, we won’t catch neither hare if we chase after both.

I suppose you are right… Are you keeping an eye on more monsters?” I sighed. Patricia keeps reminding me to watch out for monsters, every time she is nearby. I might as well accept that it is how that hysterical girl works.

When she finally left the bridge, I managed to relax.

The sea was calm, and empty. We did not encounter a single piece of land since we sailed outside of ‘known world’.


While I was wondering where is the land, the seagulls reinvigorated, and made me change course.

CA-CA-CA!

Less than 5 minutes later I had an angry girl enter the bridge.

Shut them up! I want to sleep!” (P)

You think I can? I am doing whatever is possible.

[I always wondered if we appear to be a married couple, since we quarrel all the time for any and no reason.]

Soon my radar and sonar started giving weird responses. The readouts were distorted.

The seagulls too started acting weird. They stopped flocking above the bow, and formed a wedge above the ship.

At least they shut up.” I gagged her, and continued steering. The mumbling from behind was irritating but I couldn’t find strength to be angry at Patricia.

[After all, the ground is here!]


From the top observation post’s optics I could see some land far away. Soon we approached, and started circling around an island.

The island was large and it was covered in dense vegetation. The major landmark I saw was a small abandoned harbor.

I have no idea why it was abandoned, or why there were no people around.

Since there was a proper place to stop, I approached the harbor.

Entering port: Abandoned

No services available

The sign was not a good sign for us.


After I dropped the anchor, it was the time to think.

The seagulls landed and were now sitting all over the ship, as they did before the travel.

Patricia and I stood at the port side, and exchanged glances.

Ladies ahead.” I showed her towards a small wooden pier. It will no doubt collapse if anybody steps on it but it should be sturdy enough to not let her be washed away into the sea.

How generous of you.” (P)

Splash

Patricia jumped into the water with a dolphin’s grace.


Patricia’s POV

I struggled against the current, and finally reached the pier. It was so rotten that I managed to tear off a piece of it just by touching.

The pillars were sound enough to let me grab them.

After I grabbed a pillar and turned around to check on Kuronami, I saw that this physics abuser was standing near me.

On water.

Standing.

On water.

Standing.

HOW?!

It just works.” She showed me a ring of her thumb and index fingers, and sled to the coast.

I already grew used to her doing impossible weird things but now my common sense was once again abused.

Mother was right…

My heart can’t handle standing by such a weird beast-kin without being close to stopping.

If only I was as straightforward as that lunatic…

What will KN encounter?
  • A powerful ancient weapon to destroy the world. Votes: 3 30.0%
  • An entire battleship. Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Lots of money or gold. Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Another waifu. Votes: 1 10.0%
Total voters: 10 · This poll was closed on Jul 20, 2021 04:35 PM.
0