V3 Ch 41. The night raid on Yuriko’s Island
183 8 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuriko agreed to answer some of our questions, if we help her.

I didn’t actually plan to have plain answers, I’d rather have something useful for a fight.

Still, it is better to have something than nothing. It didn’t look like Yuriko would even try rewarding us.

Patricia and I returned to the ship, and started waiting. Because I startled a group of people who came here, they might return with their friends.

Will that woman be satisfied with just scaring those guys away?” I shared Patricia’s concerns but I also remember that the task is to ‘teach them a lesson’.

“It’ll be alright. Let’s wait.”


While Patricia was sleeping (she is useless), I was standing at the bow, and looking around.

On the beach I saw a couple of crocodile-like creatures, the same kind that almost bit off my butt back then. I even felt hungry after looking at them.

Since there is nothing else to do, I jumped off and headed to them with the katana in hands.

NYAAAAA!!!” With a brave war cry, I rushed at the crocodiles.

I cut one of them in half, and the other one jumped away before I did the same with it.

HSSSSS!

CHOMP

As I rushed at it, I had my leg bitten by it. The metal plating saved me but I still lost some HP. I had to try hard to make the crocodile release my leg, and while it was busy, I hit it.

[Is this a monomolecular katana…?]

I wondered what the hell is with sword, while I struggled to pull it out of the ground below the crocodile’s cut in half head.


During my little foraging expedition, a small group of ships sneaked towards the ship, and prepared to strike.

I waited for the ships to do something but they only continued to approach, until they were literally 20 meters away from my board.

Fwoosh

In a second, the ships lit up with small torches, and moments later, the torches were shot at the ship. Most of the fire arrows were extinguished immediately after hitting the steel, and few of them hit the wooden deck.

I didn’t even bother with checking what is going on, and just continued gutting the corpses of our future meal.

Fwoosh


One is done, the other one’s in process.

Fwoosh

Yeah, keep trying, idiots.

Fwoosh


I have no idea how many volley they fired by now. I finished gutting the second crocodile, and finally decided to deal with those foolish people.

The 100mm guns turned at the ships, and I facepalmed.

They have not enough depression to aim at the small vessels.

[Sorry, Patricia…]

I summoned the rigging, and I swear, I heard a girl’s screaming as she fell into the cold water.

BANG BANG BANG

A flash lit the coast, albeit for a second, and the first rounds scattered around the vessels.

The ships immediately started oaring away, after being ‘discovered’.

BANG BANG BANG

The second salvo hit three of them, turning the ships into a scrapwood.

[The shells are a bit more powerful than I expected?]

As the ships raised their sails, and oared like crazy, I stepped on the water, and rushed after them.

By this point, they have no chances of escaping.

BANG BANG BANG

Bu-bu-bu-bu-bum

I farmed shots, while the ships’ quantity rapidly decreased. Finally, when one was remaining, I let it run away.

By the time I unsummoned the rigging, and returned to the anchoring, the last ship was already lurking in the darkness, picking up the survivors. I deliberately turned on all of the navigation lights, to show where my ship is, and that I am not moving anywhere.

Meanwhile, I found the wet mess in a night gown, and pulled her out of the water.

YOU ARE PSYCHO?! DID YOU WISH FOR ME TO DIE?! DO YOU EVEN HAVE ANYTHING INSIDE THAT HEAD OF YOURS?!” I once again was close to becoming deaf.

After I brought Patricia back to a comfy warm room, she stopped shouting and was only grumbling and cursing me. I am sure tomorrow she will be cursing me even more, since I have a feeling that Yuriko wanted to kill that huge sea dragon, the one that didn’t give a f* about me and my shells.

Ding

You received 5 copper coins, 6 silver coins, 3 gold coins, 320 upgrade points


IJN Kuronami – DDL. Upgrade points – 60.

Torpedoes – 0/6.

HP – 2129.

HI – 100%.

AU – 17%(502nm).

5'' Single turrets Dual gun turrets - 0/400
19'' Dual torpedo mount - Prototype Oxygen (High explosive!)

Increase caliber – 0/100

Improve mounts – 0/250

Improve propulsion – 0/500


[Hereby I swear that I either kill that thing, or die there. I doubt I will have enough fuel to retreat again…]

What ship should KN buy?
  • Akizuki - the newest and most powerful IJN destroyer (after KN). Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Kagerou - cheap and somewhat reliable solution. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minekaze - better to have a ship than have none. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Save money to buy an UR Kuronami-class. 96 G remaining. Votes: 4 66.7%
Total voters: 6 · This poll was closed on Jul 25, 2021 03:09 PM.
1