V3 Ch 76. The squire initiation
150 6 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pirates were preparing for the coming fight.

With only 6 operational battleships and a floating battery, the chances of winning against a strong group of ships are negligible. Even with my squadron’s help the chances are not in the pirates’ favor.

5 destroyers can provide a lot of damage from a long range, however, the amount of ships we can fight at once is still limited.

Not to mention, if Veronica shows up, we are doomed. She can poke holes in my hull, and I am yet to see any AOE skills of hers. She can keep my squadron busy just by herself, maybe.


While we have a break, I went to Yuriko. If she can teach me swordsmanship, I may be able to fight Veronica when the time comes.

How are you doing?” I entered the cabin she occupied for meditation.

What is it you need, Doll?” (Y)

“Teach me swordsmanship.” Yuriko frowned.

Are you sure? The other child might be better to start with.” (Y)

“Come on, you saw that I know how to swing a sword. Plus, Patricia is not on the same level as you are.”

Exactly for this reason, you better start with her, than with me.” In the end, Yuriko was so stubborn, that I had to go find Patricia.

Unlike the ancient hag, the girl’s eyes sparkled just from hearing the word ‘spar’.

Come at me!” Patricia grinned, and waved the sword to beckon me.

As you wish!

Clang

I immediately started attacking. Patricia barely stopped my strikes, and was pushed back further and further.

PING

After I slashed from above, Patricia had to sit on her knee to keep balance.

While our swords were clashed, the girl smiled.

[Oh, damn it… Here we go again…]

Patricia pushed away my sword, and started attacking.

At best I was managing to deflect her strikes.

When I evaded the pommel strike, I aimed at the girl’s legs.

“I won.”

Nothing happened. The katana did not reach Patricia’s legs.

I glanced at the blade, and saw that it was stopped by the same pommel. I started sweating buckets.

I won.” She chirped into my ear.

The long sword was a centimeter away from my neck.

Ha-ha-ha! Don’t mess with me! I am times better than you are!” I applauded, and waited for a moment to ask her to train me. After all, for some time she will be showing off.

When Patricia got satisfied with inflating her ego, I approached.

So, will you teach me? I need to become stronger.”

“Becoming stronger is the only way~! Let’s start~!” (P)

PING

YOU COULD’VE AT LEAST WARNED ME!

SHUT UP AND FIGHT!” (P)


By the end of the evening I felt like I am a goo.

Cats are liquid, and I became very flexible myself, but not to the point of being a puddle.

The results were yet to be seen, so I will continue training for a long time.

Since there was some time until I go to sleep, I decided to walk around the port.

While I was wandering around aimlessly, I saw the navigation light on Fairy.

I facepalmed, and checked the stats. I could’ve produced torpedoes for a week, if not for a month.

Ding

You received 450 upgrade points, 7 copper coins, 9 silver coins, 4 gold coins


IJN Kuronami – DDL. Upgrade points – 0.

Torpedoes – 0/15.

HP – 3700.

HI – 100%.

AU – 100%(3000nm).

5'' Dual turrets Full upgrade
24'' Quintuple torpedo mount - Oxygen

Torpedo storage I – 226/1000


[I better call Fairy, before I waste the platinum coin on something useless.]

“Fairy, commence torpedo production.”

Supply depot Active
Dry dock No orders
Production facility Time until next torpedo - 23:59:44

[“Don’t forget to pay the bill for your supplies.”] I only received a radio message.

FROM SINCE DO I OWE YOU FOR THE SUPPLIES?!” I shouted at the mobile base.

FROM THE MOMENT YOU ABUSED ME!” Fairy shouted back.

[I wonder if receiving a huge shipment of steel will make her forgive me.]

I went to Alba, to negotiate a large unexpected supply of steel for my nurse.

Even though this week was very intense, now I at least have a constant supply of torpedoes.

1