‘Four sisters’ No 45.
110 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Competitors, prepare!

The judge raised the flag, and quickly backed away from the circle in the center of the arena.

In the name of His Majesty, let the special semi-finals start!” I counted milliseconds until the flag passes the point, and the fight will start.

My opponent grinned with a maniacal smile, as she was about to face me in the fight.

All guns were up, and all of them were aimed at her.

Only the flag was separating us from the carnage.

The time has stopped. I could see individual grains of sand falling in the sand clock. I could see a fly flapping its wings. I could see how my opponent’s eyes shone with bloodlust and her muscles flexed in anticipation.

The flag passed the point, signaling the start of the fight.

A spark. And the cordite ignited, sending the shells out of the gun barrels.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

And then I got hit in the face.


Dat’s what happens when ya think ya can win ‘gainst me!

Shut up! You’re just lucky!

Whatever you say, Mo!” Enji petted my head, and went to pick up her prize.

Once again, my Big Sister won the duel.

Don’t worry about it~. Look at me, Mo~. That’s my girl~!” Big Sis put a patch on my nose, to cover the bruise I got from the hit.

It is one of the many unsolvable mysteries of the world: how New Jersey can be both a dork, and the strongest of us.

Instead of overthinking this, I returned to the seats.

Wisky was still sitting there, and consuming another ice cream.

Did she pass by?

Nah, I am yet to see the freak. How’s your nose?” She gave me an ice cream.

“I’m fine, thank you. Still, I was close!

“Yeah. Closer than me…” (WI)

“You can always go to the arena, if you want to show off.”

Sorry, I don’t plan to be showing off like certain sisters of mine.” I pinched her cheek.

Who you’re talking about~?

Y-yet go!” I continued pinching her, until Iowa arrived with New Jersey in tow.


We continued enjoying the fights on the arena. Our little brawl was just a filler until the next fighters were ready. They both were hurt and required healing magic and blacksmith services, so nobody questioned us fighting. Now, it is the time for the show to continue.

The next fighters prepared for the fight, and started hitting each other.

The four of us were eating popcorn, and enjoying the show.

It’s better than boxing.” (IA)

That’s funny to hear from our crybaby.” (NJ)

I didn’t say it’s the best.” (IA)

Agreed. There is nothing better than National League.” All four of us hummed in concordance.

One of the fighters, a bulky man with a battleaxe, kicked away his opponent, and through some powerful magic he strengthened his strike. He swung the axe down at the lying opponent.

BOOM

The hit created a huge hole in the ground of the arena, and the second fighter was lying there, unconscious.

The first fighter was showered in ovations.

Then, he shouted.

I AM THE UNCONTESTED CHAMPION! IS THERE ANYBODY WHO DARES FIGHTING ME?!

We exchanged glances, and smirked.

While the spectators were applauding with all of their might, we were laughing out loud.

After the applause subsided, the announcer shouted.

Congratulations to the new champion! As the winner of the contest, he receives the newest magical device – a magic box that can produce ice with fruit flavor! Congratulations!” I glanced at the others.

Through a rapid rock-paper-Mk7 game we solved the approaching problem.

Go tear him apart, Mo!” (NJ)

Don’t get hurt!” (IA)

Tch, Big Sis, I’d rather worry about the other guy…!” (WI)

While the super cool device was rolled out to the arena, I hopped between the seats.


I REIGN SUPREME!” The champion gloated.

Then, I jumped down to the arena.

Hello there~!

Erhm…?” The announcer was confused, and I hurried to declare the goal of my visit.

Hereby I come! I, the Great Fire Demon shall have a bout with you, for the sake of…!

I YIELD! LET HER HAVE THE PRIZE!” Before I even could finish my declaration, the fruit ice machine was given to me, and I ended up as the winner of the fighting contest.

At least we now have a constant supply of lemonade ice.

0