V3 Ch 85. Fighting on the enemy’s turf
135 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The vanguard was slowly sailing towards the port.

Every gun on the way to the port was shelled with the combined might of 20 ironclads. The enemy is given no chance to hinder the approach of the main invasion force.

Right now the only thing that could interfere with the vanguard’s landing is the remaining naval force of Benezio. The one my squadron is dealing with.

BANG BANG BANG

After another hit, a battleship turned into a torch. The cinders of the exploding ship were visible even from here.

“We have a good chance to get rid of them. Why don’t you send the ships to destroy them completely?” Emmanuel showed a couple of maneuvers on the map. All of them involved separating from the vanguard fleet.

It might work. Squadron, regroup on me. Line ahead.”

[“Orders confirmed.”]

A minute later the enemy finally started understanding what is happening. By that time the firepower concentrated on their ships.

BANG BANG BANG

We focused fire on the galleons, to leave the enemy without their ‘heavy cruisers’. With every ship sunk or immobilized, our chances of winning were increasing. They already broke through the 100% ceiling, and almost reached 200%.

I am that sure, that we will win.

BANG BANG BANG

My shells were guided by the God’s hand. Otherwise I couldn’t explain how I managed to hit 4 ships, leading to them blowing up.

The squadron successfully blocked all of the enemy’s ways to approach the vanguard fleet. The allies would need around an hour to unload troops. They almost made way into the port, and now were busy clearing the landing site.

BANG BANG BANG

“Focus fire on the light ships.”

[“Orders confirmed.”]

Splash

Splash

‘…’

[What the hell?]

Splash

I launched all of the torpedoes, and almost without issues they were sent at the enemy ships.

I reached a whooping amount of 10 hits. All of the battleships were sent into the abyss in the same minute. It was now time to let the squadron clear what is left.


I headed to the port.

By the time I arrived almost nothing changed. The ironclads were shooting at anything that moved but whenever the ships tried approaching the piers, they were fired at from guns and cannons hidden around.

“Looks like we’ve got work to do.” I felt someone’s hand petting me.

That’s the spirit~!” Patricia’s hand quickly made me purr, and was stopped only by a sudden entrance of Yuriko.

Is there any plan?” (Y)

“There is. You were saying something about training.”

“Indeed, I happened to. Let go of the Doll, I might as well fulfill my promises once in a while.” Yuriko removed the warm hand off my scalp, and dragged me by the hand to the deck.

I carried her over to the land, and we immediately drew swords.

Like a Jedi, I started deflecting bullets, and swinging the katana. The two of us started rapidly clearing the port.

The vanguard fleet could finally start disembarking the troops.


The first squads of infantry secured the port, and while the main fleet was approaching, we could train.

At most Yuriko could teach me some simple skills, since I am a bit slow to learn the complex magic patterns of advanced skills. It is surely not because I have no idea what I’m doing.

Instead of pushing forward, it was decided that deploying all of the troops we have, and then pushing forward with concentrated mass of troops will be a good idea.

My lesson lasted until the night. For the night the troops ate a lot, and fell asleep.

Tomorrow is going to be the last fight for most of them.

I too decided to let off some steam, and threw a party for all of my friends. Excluding Fairy, who is too vulnerable to approach, especially when she resupplies the entire squadron.

While I, Patricia, Yuriko, and Emmanuel were drinking and having fun, a gloomy figure in a cloak entered the tent.

For a moment all of us got tense but we immediately relaxed when the figure took off the cloak.

I see you are enjoying the rest?” Alba sat down beside Patricia, and picked up a cup.

“It’s nice to see you but why would you come all the way here, to the frontline?

What, you think I am too old for this~? Back in my days…” Patricia looked at me with a plea. Either she wants to make me hear Alba out, or shut her up.

Still, can you tell me why you are here?

Ah, this? I just thought that if we are about to burn this place down, I might as well remember how it looked like, as well as I might settle a thing or two.” (A)

I pretended to hear nothing, and returned to drinking. Alba used this opportunity wisely, making us all listen to her stories for the entire night.

1