Epilogue 5. Fighting the mobs
122 6 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before the samurai could encircle me, I started with encircling myself.

I rushed at one of them, and cut through his armor. Before he could retaliate, I stepped away.

Because of the severe injury I did, the samurai died.

[They are not that tough, ha?]

Immediately, the dead one’s body disintegrated into ashes.

I turned around to face the enemies I left to my back.

There were ele… oh, damn…

A rift opened in between the crowd of the warriors, and one more climbed out.

Now there were once again twelve of them.

[Oh boy, if only I knew how to keep my mouth shut…]

I cautiously backed away from them, to avoid letting the entire bunch overwhelm me.

When one of the samurai ended up too ahead of the rest, I counterattacked.

Swoosh

Ping

I hit the chest plate, and the armor protected from my sword.

Before I could step away, the samurai swung his katana, and…

PING

I blocked in time but…

Are you serious…?

The longsword was cut in two, and I was not cut only because I was out of reach.

Yuri, don’t tell me it’s…!

As you wish.” The fox girl shrugged her shoulders, and returned to idling.

Never mind! Tell me, is it that steel?

“Yes, it is the Divine steel.” With the girl’s confirmation, I understood. I am so dead…


Now that I was left with a dagger, and a half of the sword, the samurai stopped being shy, and rushed at me all at once.

The standoff of one against a dozen turned into running away of one against a dozen.

There were two problems: I am so slow that I also have to dodge the enemy attacks while running, and Yuri doesn’t try helping me at all. She stopped gazing around, and was looking how I am running away like a chicken.

JUST WHERE ON EARTH IS THIS FAIR?!

Did Onee-sama not give you a proper sword…?” Yuri asked innocently.

For a while I wondered if I should strangle the fox girl for not telling me that, or I should thank her for at least mentioning that.

I hurriedly found the screen where I change ships, and there was only one icon. A sword.

PING

I summoned the sword just in time. This time the sword was not cut in two, and blocked a katana.

Now we will play~!

And they charged at me together…

[My mouth will kill me faster than their swords…]

I was successfully blocking and parrying the attacks but no matter how skilled I am now, I am still one battleshipfu against 12 enemies.

And then it, a thought, hit me.

All dots connected, and I understood that I am truly a clown for the kitsune.

EAT THIS, YOU MOTHERF…!!!

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

I fired my casemate guns, effectively evaporating the enemies.

Although they immediately started climbing out of rifts, if I can keep killing them before they…

[Reload is ‘just’ 20 seconds. I don’t even want to know for how long will the main guns reload…]

While my containment method is still reloading, one could brew some coffee, read a newspaper, or rush at me with swords at ready.

Ping

WHY DON’T YOU JUST STAY DEAD?!

Several seconds later I opened fire again.

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

I was killing more with the shockwave of 152mm guns, than with the shells. Still, I was more than happy that I just needed to shoot when ready.


While I was exulting, my sixth sense told me that I better turn around.

PING

I barely blocked the attack, and noticed that the rifts opened behind me.

For God’s sake! Can’t you be nice to me?!

I continued providing entertainment for my only spectator, and trying not to be stabbed with sharp metal things that cut steel like paper.

Many attempts later, I managed to find a tactic that allowed me to survive.

After firing, I would run away as far as I could, and try to keep the samurai far enough to let me reload.

[Good job, me~!]

I mentally gave myself a pat, and prepared.

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

As I broke into a grin, I waited for the next wave.

The wave showed up soon.

This time, however, there were not a dozen of them but at least a hundred…

[I… Just why did I have to call it upon myself…?]

Should the MC change ship? (Each can only be chosen once!)
  • IJN Kuronami - good melee stats and speed. Votes: 4 66.7%
  • HMS Delight - bad at melee but is sturdy. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HMS Princess Patricia - slow, sluggish, and absolutely awful in gunfight. (Current ship) Votes: 2 33.3%
Total voters: 6 · This poll was closed on Dec 15, 2021 08:53 AM.
3