Epilogue 6. Run, Forrest, run!
126 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My finger found a button to call for another ship faster than a sprinter runs towards a free meal.

[What the hell am I even thinking about?]

I wondered, while my body was changing into a fast and furious catgirl.

Armor matters not, while speed and evasion do.

Let’s rock!” I rushed at the spawning evil, and started slashing left and right.

The Divine steel katana was chopping red armor like paper, and I started rapidly clearing the horde of the samurai.

The only issue was that they spawn faster than I kill them.

PING

I barely blocked a katana slash, and then I saw that I am surrounded from all sides.

[Brilliant… Rushing into the middle of deadly samurai. That’s a great plan, me. That’s freaking ingenious, if I understand it correctly.]

Tactical retreat!” I tried to use my evasion to haul my bottom out of here. Not that it worked…

When I somehow managed to free myself some space, I started thinking on what to do. Until I saw a flashing button at the edge of my view.

Call for support

When I clicked on it, I saw two options: ‘Bombing run’, and ‘Barrage’.

[Why not both?]

What’s up, motherhackers? Are you ready to die again~?” I grinned, as their death approached.

And where is it…?

While the death’s approach was weirdly slow, the samurai appeared to be ridiculing me, and after they were done laughing their lungs out through the masks, they charged at me.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Then everything started exploding, as shells landed around.

[Well, better late than never.]

I prepared for the next round of fighting, when more shells fell.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Through the smoke and craters I rushed at the enemies.

As steel continued clashing, I found myself once again deep inside of a horde of warriors.

That was expected. I kill them, they resurrect, and do so around me. I would be constantly surrounded from all sides, as long as I keep fighting.

Yuri! How about we play together?” I waved in the direction the fox girl was the last time I saw her.

No response came.


Ping-Pew-Slash

After I somewhat grew used to the new pace of the combat, I started cutting through the samurai at much better rate. If there were only twelve of them, I would be able to get rid of them immediately after they return.

However, I am one against many.

Ping

Hey! Have some honor, will you?! No stabbing in the back!” Said I, as I parried an attack, and stabbed someone in the back.

While I was trimming the red grass around me, the radar went crazy. The entire radar screen was covered in contacts. Then I looked up.

Swoosh-Swoosh

In between dodging the enemies’ swings, I was looking at the sky.

A swarm of aircraft dived from the clouds.

What a majestic scene it would be, if the clouds were not looking like they were made for a grade school’s my-first-theatre-staging.

waaaaaaAAAAAAAH

In the first second I thought: ‘great, I now have some help!’.

In the second second I thought: ‘they are targeting the enemies, right?’.

And finally, when I understood that something is about to go terribly wrong…

[DO THEY JUST DROP EVERYTHING ON OUR HEADS?!]

By that time, I could already hear the whistling of falling ordnance, overwhelmed only by the sound of my heartbeat.

EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!” I rushed away from the crowd of samurai, and tried to get as far away as I could.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM


When I recovered, I found myself lying on Yuri’s lap.

Oh, hi.

“It was a good idea to hide before you called everything on yourself. A pity I missed the scene, and you running like a chicken.” I smiled wryly.

The fox girl swiftly removed the soft thighs from under my head, and waved to the patiently waiting tide of red.

Then, I started running.

“Run, cat, run!” Yuri was cheerfully clapping, as I ran for my life.

Should the MC change ship? (Each can only be chosen once!)
  • IJN Kuronami - an average punch, coupled with ridiculous speed. (Current ship) Votes: 5 100.0%
  • HMS Delight - bad at melee but is sturdy. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 5 · This poll was closed on Dec 19, 2021 12:13 PM.
2