Epilogue 7. Master and his fool
112 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unknown amount of time later.

Ping

I parried another strike.

I already lost count of how many of them I had taken down with guns, support, and the katana.

Just when I was about to start running again, I saw how Yuri signed the warriors to stop.

All of them stopped in place, they froze like statues, even though the fierce fight was still in progress.

Yuri nimbly passed through the crowd, and when she had no space to squeeze through, she jumped up and walked on their heads.

Finally, the fox girl stopped in front of me with a flower wreath.

I finished it~!” She smiled, and put it on my head.

Don’t lose it~!” Once again she smiled. Though I suddenly felt like all of the samurai focused on the top of my head.

Then she retreated.

When I prepared for the next round of fighting, I heard a call from behind of the crowd:

Go for the wreath!” (Y)

SERIOUSLY?!

PING-PING-Ping-Swoosh

The samurai didn’t even bother attacking anything but the top of my head.

YOOOUUU VIIIXEEEN!!!” I started running away from the ruthless murder machines, accompanied by the fox girl’s laughter.

[JUST YOU WAIT! I… I… I WILL STOP AMUSING YOU! THAT’S IT!]

It was at that moment I knew… I tripped.

I rolled head over heels, and suddenly I felt like I am in a very bad situation.

Two hundred red glowing eyes were gazing at the top of my head, surely not with the purpose of petting my cat ears.

As I prepared for the inevitable, they charged. Yuri was still laughing out loud, as she looked at me about to die.

[Damned vixen…]

“Stop.” The katanas stopped right in front of my face.

Were you going to say something about my kin?” As my head robotically turned around, I saw the wonderful, majestic, and very, very, VERY generous and forgiving Akagi-sama.

The loli kitsune smiled gently, and waved to the warriors.

They bowed, and sunk into the ground.

The next few minutes I spent kowtowing, and singing praises.

He-he-he, n-now, how about we just…

Indeed. This Akagi-sama thinks it would be worth letting you try standing up to her.” She smiled an angel (devil), and put her palms together.

I immediately took a stance, and…

A fool is always a fool…” She sighed, and picked up her fan.

As I watched out for her moves, I prepared to strike.

What an idiot…’ She swung the fan, and…

I felt like I don’t feel my lower half…

As my brain tried to process what happened, I saw how Akagi-sama leaned over me, and looked how I was dying in a pool of blood.

This is but a reminder. Throw away your stupid thoughts about fighting me. You are but a toy, and unless your master wills it, you will quietly wait for orders.” Her voice sounded like she was really in a bad mood.

I tried speaking, but aside from blowing some blood, and releasing air, I couldn’t do anything.

[Why…?]

Did I ever say to prepare to fight me? This distinct Akagi-sama said that she will let you stand up to her, not that you are to take a stance and fight.” (A)

Enough about that.” She put the flute to her mouth, and played a short melody.

Miraculously, I was revived.

After another few minutes of kowtowing and singing praises, I sat in seiza, and waited for her orders.

[Wow, I became such an obedient slave…]

“Be glad. Few of my toys get an honor of having an illusion of choice.” Akagi-sama glanced at me, and returned to her pillow pedestal.

“Then, the first thing I want you to do is…” She swung the fan.

“… to cross this little peculiar line.” I gasped.

As both foxes prepared to look at the clownery, I picked up the katana.

I approached the line, very carefully. I used the katana to check if I could trigger the traps with it.

Hm…?” Nothing. For now.

Yuri, are there any traps?” The fox girl grinned, and after a short exchange of glances between the sisters, she answered.

I wonder if you will be surprised by what lies beyond~?” Both kitsune started snickering, once again making me feel like I am about to do a very stupid thing.

Step

Step

Step

[J-just… It shouldn’t be that bad, right…? Come on, I can do it…! I can…! I s-s-surely c-can!]

Step

[Yeah… I-I will just be a clown for them. That’s nothing. I already made a fool of myself so many times…]

Step

And nothing happened.

I just stepped over the line.

While the two foxes were trying hard to suppress their laughing, I fell on my knees and sighed out in relief.

I crossed the line, and nothing happened.

[So, what now?]

Now? Now we will have fun~.” The loli kitsune turned into an androgynous tall kitsune, and drew a very long katana - the odachi.

2