Epilogue 9. Maximum firepower
126 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I woke up, I noticed that Akagi-sama was once again idling on the pedestal.

Aside from several pools of blood, and stone rubble everywhere, nothing suggested that there was a fierce fight not long ago.

The kitsune were cuddling, and only when I stood up they noticed me.

I am ready!” I was full of vigor, and charged for a fight.

“Great. Come closer.” (A)

I walked towards the pedestal.

Pom

Until I hit something on my way.

The something appeared to be a transparent dome, surrounding either me, or them.

ONE PUNCH CAT!

Bom

Despite using my full, unleashed strength on the ‘serious’ level, nothing happened.

You expected this, didn’t you…?

Oh, but of course this Akagi-sama had ab-so-lu-te-ly no idea how this thing appeared here. Fo-r su-re.” The loli kitsune rolled up her eyes, and in exaggerated way said ‘how else would it appear’.

GUN-FU!

BANG BANG BANG

When I fired the guns, for a moment I saw the dome being damaged. I immediately remembered the magic shields I’ve encountered.

How strong is this thing?

Strong enough to be an obstacle.Little Miss obviousness.

The loli kitsune waved her hand, and I felt like the power of the shield increased twofold.

You…!

And she waved again…

I quickly shut up my mouth and my thoughts, and continued thinking about what to do with this thing.

TORP-FU!

The torpedoes somehow flew like rockets, and hit the shield.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

The entire salvo of torpedoes was much closer to breaking through this thing. Still, not enough.

Meanwhile, I felt like the fox girls were getting bored, read ‘my life was getting shorter’.

You want some explosions? There will be!” I used the final ship.

As high explosive gun turrets were deployed, I started thinking on how I want to do this.


First things first, I just fired dummy shells.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

When the dust settled, I noticed two things: the shield has rippled a bit, and Yuri is gone.

Where is Yuri?” I immediately asked her sister.

What a nice toy you are. After you snap-fired the guns she just had to quickly hide. I doubt she will return soon, so continue.” (A)

It affects her but does nothing to you…?

“If you were to throw a pebble at an ant, it would kill it. If you do this with an elephant…” [Yeah, got it.] Still, it implies it can damage her!

She rolled up her eyes again, and muttered something.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

I continued pounding the shield. The problem is that I was only rippling it, not breaking it.

You can’t kill water by making circles on it.

[Or, you can…?]


An ingenious plan was brewed in my head.

If you can’t kill this thing with just a shot or two, then you need to do such a shot, that the ripple will turn into a breach. Like shooting water with a gun that will just splash the water out of the pond!

As I started thinking, I noticed that Akagi-sama was at least looking at me with a squint, unlike her just looking around aimlessly.

In the next hour I was synchronizing my shots with the airstrike, the barrage, and now-unlocked torpedo salvo.

The aircraft needed 30 minutes to arrive, the barrage’s main guns needed almost two minutes, and torpedoes… Well, 10 minutes is a lot but it isn’t their main issue. The main issue is them scattering so much, that there is a higher chance to hit something 500 meters away with a shotgun, than for a torpedo to hit the shield.

Finally, I was ready. The Mk I guns were aimed and ready, the aircraft were inbound, the torpedoes slowly glided above the ground, and the first shots of the barrage already left craters on the rock.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

waaaaaaAAAAAAH

KABOOM KABOOM

The torpedoes were a bit late, but two of them hit the shield.

BOOM BOOM

And before the shell-shock passed, I fired the main guns.

KABOOM KABOOM KABOOM KABOOM

Aside from me suffering from the combined power of the 18’’ guns’ recoil, everything went great.

The shield was broken, and the Goddess even squinted with her second eye.

“Now, come closer.” The loli’s squeaky voice called for me, and I stepped forward.

We all know this 'come closer'. Is there going to be yet another trap?
  • There has to be one. It would be too easy if there is none. Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Maybe Akagi-sama grew bored of fooling the MC, so there are none? Votes: 4 33.3%
  • There is going to be a 'trap'. Votes: 5 41.7%
Total voters: 12
3