E4: First Fight
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 February 4th, 2014 (7:41 pm)

“A-Are ya really sure?” Adam worriedly asked Zack once again. Both were standing beside each other, looking at the boxing ring surrounded with an audience of over a thousand trainees shouting “ROLAN! ROLAN!” Everyone was raising their hands like in a strike, and shouted the name with full of their necks.

With his mouth wide open, he somehow collected his courage and said with full determination, “Yeah, I’m not gonna turn my back!”

“Think again, this is not just boxing, it’s Kickboxing! A type of Karate!” Adam warned him.

“I know, Ads,” Zack disgustingly replied and walked towards the ring while pushing the over-excited crowd raising their arms and shouting the same chant.

“Zack, please, don’t go in!” Adam tried to convince him.

“Nah, I will, regardless of how much time ya warn me!”

“But Zack, he’s even said to inherit the desk of Director. He’s even beaten a Grade B-3 spy!”

“So?”

“So?! Really?!”

“So what? I’m not gonna go easy on him. He’s disrespected me! He disrespected my mom and both of us! I’m gonna step outside the ring only when he takes his words back!”

“Oh!” Adam face-palmed while Zack jumped over the fence of the ring with his kickboxing kit hanging on his shoulder.

Zack took his position on one corner of the ring, crouching and wearing his necessary pads above his blue nylon t-shirt and black track pants. Wearing the kickboxing shin pads, Zack saw Rolan with his face a kinda tilted down, who looked back the same way and chuckled. Then Zack turned back and saw Adam, who gave him a thumbs-up. Zack nodded and thought, “This is a game for my redemption. He needa take his words back! Imma show him that I’m the mighty one here! I needa show ‘em all my presence here as a spy and as a person!”

Rolan, on the other hand, was thinking, “I can’t step back now. I’ve never seen his fighting techniques, and Mr. Carlos is renounced to bring the best of the best! Maybe I’m underestimating him, but it should also be noted that he’s been here for just a month. So, I have more experience than him, which is gonna be my plus point. If I lose, my reign is over, which I can’t let go of. Today, he’s gonna lose, and Imma beat him NO MATTER WHAT!”

Both stood up as a trainer ran up and arrived on stage and looked at them angrily. “Is that what I’ve taught y’all?” The whole crowd was silent and tiled their face down in guilt. Even Zack and Adam did the same. But, he continued, “To fight WITHOUT ANY REFREE?!” Everyone looked up happily and shouted “Yu-Hoo!”

Smiling at his trainees’ gleeful smiles, he said, “So, I’m gonna be the referee today. Do any of you have any objections?”

“No,” Zack readily agreed.

“Nah, go on!” Rolan replied, excited and afraid at the same time.

Zack and Rolan stood up from their mini fold-able chairs and looked into each other’s eyes in wrath. Adam whispered in a feeble voice, “Come alive, Zacky.”

“Okay, so. Give me a minute to tell the rules again. No sharp objects; no…” The referee gave a large number of “no’s” and continued for a minute, while the two fighters were looking at each other in wrath. “… and at last, the first one to fall down on the floor or ground loses!”

“Awe!” The crowd disappointedly said in unity. At this time, both of them walked towards the center of the ring.

“What?” The referee asked.

Someone shouted, “The first one to bleed loses!”

With that person, the audience shouted, “Yes!”

Hearing their loud voices, he has to agree at last, “Okay, okay. The first one to bleed loses. Is it all right?” Both nodded together and the referee started to count, “THREE!” Both took their positions with their fists covering their faces. “TWO! ONE! GO!”

The fight started. They both were giving some minor punches and kicks to each other while the other was defending. In the middle of the crowd, the same black woman was pushing the crowd with another woman’s hand in hand. “Come quickly, the fight’s started!” She said.

“I know, Olivia!” the other one, with a porcelain skin-tone and long blonde hair, replied back.

“We needa have a good position to watch the match!” Olivia scolded. “The entire crowd shouting madly makes me go nuts!”

“Everything makes ya go nuts, whether it’s me, your car’s bad engine or anything else in this world!” The other woman sarcastically replied.

“Miley, it’s not my fault that I’m surrounded by people and things which make me go insane!” Olivia replied in anger. At the front-most row, their search ended as they saw the two fighting without much action.

“Well, nothing much interesting is goin’ on right now,” Miley said.

Olivia, observing Zack, thought, “Oh, this is the man who collided with me when I was in a hurry. So, this is Zack Will.”

“Hey, he’s got no chance against Rolan, right?” Miley said gleefully.

“Maybe not,” Olivia said, still observing both of them fighting in a dull manner.

Rolan tried out his right kick directly on his face, but he defended with his left as he punched him again with his right. His punched didn’t make an impact because of Zack’s defense. Zack tried to kick on his face as Rolan suddenly got hold of his right leg in the air, and was not in the mood to let it go. So, Zack, with his remaining left leg, jumped and while in the air, heroically kicked his face with his flying kick. Even his arm was unable to defend this one as it went right on his face. Rolan lost the hold of Zack’s right leg as the kick forced him to move a kinda backwards and fall down. Checking his mouth if it wasn’t bleeding, he thought, “It was surely a HELL OF A KICK!”

Zack, smiling a bit while looking at his body, thought, “That kick was great! Even I can fight with all those training sessions and don’t need his help anymore.”

Everyone at the audience shouted, “OOH!”

Standing up, Rolan said, “Don’t think the fight’s over yet!” He stood up and both the players took their fighting positions back. Both circled around, staring at each other, waiting for the other one to strike first. Zack punched first, but Rolan defended his face with his fists. Then, Rolan kicked on the belly and Zack was hit hard. Due to the kick, he bent a kinda down and Rolan saw it as a good opportunity. Rolan used a side kick which directly struck his left ear and he fell down, losing balance due to the hard kick. Rolan kicked again on the fallen Zack’s face when he was trying to get up. That hard kick on his face resulted in Zack lying there, breathing hard. He saw Rolan watching him struggle. Rolan said, “So, do you wanna quit?”

“Nah!” Zack said as he got up and regained his position again. Both circled around again, staring at each other’s eyes and waiting for the other one’s attack. Rolan punched, Zack dodged, Zack punched, Rolan dodged. That went on for some minutes when they continued to circle. The audience was watching carefully on both the players. There was a complete silence on the whole ground. It was so silent that Zack was able to hear his heartbeats becoming faster because of those impacts. His strength was fading as he was running out of stamina. Moving his right fist backwards, he went on for a powerful punch on Rolan’s face, but due to his low stamina, Zack’s foot tripped as the punch missed his face. With his punch just beside his face, Rolan thought of it as an opportunity. He smiled devilishly and punched his unprotected face. It his him hard, adding the fact that Zack tripped and was directly falling on his punch. Zack was on the air, falling backwards. He fell there, with his face towards Adam, who shouted, “ZACK!”

With his face badly injured, though no wounds were there, Zack told him, “Don’t worry, Adam. He will definitely arrive to save me. I won’t leave the ring with just a corpse with no soul in it, got it?”

“So optimism he’s filled with, right?” Olivia said, with her arms crossed and analyzing Zack seriously. “He knows he may not make it back alive, still he’s fighting for self-respect.”

“I don’t wanna listen to your psychology at this time. Lemme focus on the game,” Adam politely told Olivia, focusing on Zack standing up even after those injuries on the face.

He stretched a bit as he said, “Don’t forget, it’s not over yet.”

“I’m not someone who forgets that easily,” Rolan said while smiling.

" style="color: #000000 font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration-thickness: initial; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;">

“Let’s see how much my student learned during this whole time,” Zack said as he took back the position and started running towards him with his right fist moved a kinda backward as to punch him. He tried to punch on his left ear, but Rolan defended by ducking downwards. His eyes suddenly grew large as he saw his knee coming directly on his face. It was a powerful one. With his eye closed because of that kick, he turned his face towards Zack, eye-to-eye as another punch came on his face. Rolan, due to the side-punch, moved leftwards as Zack jumped and kicked his face again in a heroic way. Rolan fell down, seeing the audience staring at them fight. Rolan closed his eyes as the audience started to shout, chanting “ROLAN! ROLAN!” to wake him up. Zack stood there, watching him breathing with his eyes closed. Zack walked towards him and knelt beside him. “He’s still breathing, and hasn’t flown even a single drop of blood, so, at no doubt he’s not lost the game yet. It means the game ain’t-” Zack’s sentence was cut when he suddenly dealt a punch on his face. Rolan suddenly stood up and aimed on Zack, who was hit on his left eye. Rolan punched him on his ear as he fell down. “So, who’s the student here, huh?” Rolan asked him.

Looking up, Zack angrily said, “DEFINITELY YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!” He was more menacing than before, just like he was against the thugs last night after the clap.

Rolan, who saw directly in the menacing eyes of Zack, thought, “T-Those ain’t the eyes of Zack.”

“So, ain’t you afraid now?!” Zack said in a devilish tone. “Are you gonna go home crying?!”

“Zack! Are you okay?” Adam asked him from behind the ring. Zack turned towards him, with the same looks in his eyes.

“Oh yeah! I’m enjoying here! But, THE REAL GAME STARTS HERE!”

Regaining courage, Rolan said, “Let’s see how the game’s gonna end!”

Zack stood up as both regained their positions again. Zack kicked him on the face, but Rolan defended with his arm. But, that wasn’t an ordinary kick. Rolan felt the great impact of the kick till his legs. He thought, “Shit! It was the hell of a kick! How he transformed quietly in the air was extraordinary!” Zack kicked on the same spot again, but this time, Rolan shifted a kinda sideways due to the great impact of the kick. Zack moved a kinda forward and punched him on his face. Rolan, lying on the ground, thought, “His winning possibilities also rose with his fighting stats! I can’t lose to him so easily. I needa give him a great fight!” Rolan stood again and regained his stamina and position. This time, he attacked first with a punch. Zack dodged and punched back, and Rolan tried to dodge, but it unexpectedly hit him as he fell down.

“So, who’s the student here?” Zack asked him.

Adam, after observing him closely, rubbed his chin and said, “This ain’t Zack.”

“What?” Olivia said surprisingly, who was also trying to observe him.

“I may not know Zack for quite long, but, his eyes. They are like… They’re asking for help and revenge. Unlike Zack’s real ones, they’ve a motive, and that’s to kill someone, someone special, to avenge him or someone close to him.”

“Oh, maybe y’are right. Even I feel so after listening to you.”

“The student here, huh?” Rolan said, looking upwards towards him. “Don’t you think that basically, both of us are students here?”

“At last, you’re back on the line, don’t ya?” Zack asked as Rolan got up and regained his position. Zack punched, and this time Rolan dodged successfully. Then, Rolan kicked him on his belly, and then his knee to make him fall. And that’s what exactly happened. With a kick on the knee, Zack fell down with his back upwards. He turned his face upwards as he saw Rolan jumping on him, with his elbow preparing to produce a great blow. Zack, who was unable to do anything now, just closed his eyes. Rolan’s attack hit him really hard on his face that the nose suddenly started to bleed. The whole audience was shocked to see such a deadly attack as they started to chant “ROLAN! ROLAN!” Rolan stood up, and with his arms waving up in the air, he shouted, “YO-HOO! I WON, YET AGAIN!”

Adam entered the ring and ran towards Zack. Olivia followed him and ran worriedly. Zack opened his eyes for a few seconds and saw Adam crying as he spoke, “Hey, Ads, remember I promised that I’ll make it back alive? I did it,” and smiled a bit and closed them again.

“Zack!” Adam shouted his name.

“C’mon, Ads!” Zack said, with his eyes still closed. “My teeth are a kinda hurting, and I am also feeling cuts on my lips, but truly answer me…” He opened his eyes and asked, “How was my other self?”

0