E6: Questions
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

February 5th, 2014 (11:41 pm)

“So, I want ya to kill that shithead Johnny,” She said and stood up. The bulb at the top was hanging from a wire. Suddenly, a cold breeze came in as the bulb started moving to and fro. A bodyguard cut the ropes of Zack and he stood up.

“So, ya want us to kill our Director, right?” Zack confirmed.

“Yeah. I’m giving ya time till tomorrow’s morning.”

Zack sighed and tilted his head down. “Why me? There’re also other guys out there.”

“Well, there’s no definite answer. Plus, remember Olivia’s state.”

He tilted his head again towards her as Adam also stoop up behind her. “We—”

“Just do it!” She ordered one of her guards, “Willey, take ’em out!” The guard held their arms tightly and dragged them out.

After throwing them out, the guard shut the door and Zack and Adam were lying on the ground, with trees all around and their dried-up leaves on the ground. Zack got up, turned behind and saw the ground rising up like a valley. The highway above was empty of the cars no sound approached at the bottom. It ran above the river on their left. Adam also got up and started to climb up. The highway had street-lights on the center of the division of the road. At both the sides of the highway lay thick woods, which disappeared into the night. The highway was tilted upwards on their left due to the river. The blue board on their right showed ‘London 25 kilometre forward’. At the foot-path of the highway, Zack and Adam stood beside each other, watching the occasional cars going. Zack broke the silence, “What should we do now?”

“No idea, bro,” Adam replied.

Zack sighed, and then said, “We either try to save our friends by selling our Director, or we can let them all die down there by saving Mr. Johnson. And I’m not ready for both the outcomes.”

“We needa make a plan as soon as possible. We have to save both the sides.”

“Yeah,” Zack said, scratching his chin. “Maybe we can ask for help from Mr. Johnson himself.”

“Ya think he’ll believe our story?”

“Uh, I don’t know, but it’s worth a shot.”

“It isn’t, Zacky!” Adam scolded. “Even if he believes in the story, there’re high chances that he’ll come along us for a fight. And, just one bullet is enough for him to die, isn’t it?”

Still scratching his chin, Zack said, “Yup, we can’t call him in. Maybe we can try arranging some weapons and give a fight ourselves?”

“From where will we get the guns?”

“Uh... We can ask from Mr. Johnson. Oh no, he won’t give us ’til we give him a definite reason, and we’re back to our first problem.”

“Exactly. Plus, we’re just two and they’re probably six to eight. We can’t give a fight by ourselves. We need a good plan to defeat them.”

“We should first get back to my home,” Zack said. “We can surely get some ideas in London.”

“Worth a shot,” Adam said.

Zack tilted his face and advanced forward while saying, “Maybe if Fate is on our side, we can get some ideas and get a plan to defeat them.” Zack sat on the division of the highway and Adam sat beside him. Looking above at the stars, he said, “Ads, ever thought why we can’t see a large number of stars in the night sky nowadays?”

“Nah.”

“It’s because of the global warming. High level of carbon dioxide forbids the entry of their light, so just the brightest of them are seen nowadays.”

“Really?”

“Yup. Wanna listen more?”

“Nah, I’m not interested in those boring scientific talks of yours!”

At this, Zack stood up, and while moving backwards watching Adam, he said, “But, ya should! It’s all so interesting to find out how everything in this univer—” Suddenly, a car collided with him and he fell hard on the ground. A gang of women surrounding him was all he saw before closing his eyes and fainting.

Zack opened his eyes and found himself sitting on the back-most row of a SUV, along with a woman on her left and Adam on his right. There were three more people at the middle and two people sitting at the driver’s area. The whole car was silent and no one talked, except some song playing on the radio. Zack turned to his right and saw Adam sleeping by taking some support from the window. Then, Zack turned to his left and saw a woman looking outside the window, with the woods going back at a fast rate. The woman wore a black dress below a red jacket. She had boots on and had black frizzle long brown hair. “So, ya awake?” She asked without tilting her head towards him.

“O-Oh yeah,” Zack replied.

This time, she turned towards him and shockingly asked, “Wait, y’are really awake!”

“Uh…” Zack was a kinda confused.

“Oh, sorry but I was just practicing my acting skills, imagining myself in a James Bond movie and asking a man beside me ‘Are ya awake’ without turning towards him to show some attitude and all that stuff but, I didn’t expect ya to be rise up so early.”

“O-Oh, okay. Such coincidences do happen sometimes, ya know,” Zack chuckled.

“By the way, I’m Lucy, Lucy Johnson,” She said, giving her hands for a handshake.

Shaking her hand, Zack replied, “Zack Will.”

“Oh, ya also Zak Will!” She chuckled.

“Why, you know someone by the same name?”

“Oh yes. Actually in the academy where I go, a man named Zack Will also shows up.”

“Oh, which academy, if I may ask?” Zack formally asked.

“It’s a kick-boxing academy, which I attend regularly for self-defense.”

“Oh, great.”

“By the way, do you go to any academy or college?”

“Actually, I recently passed my college and is having some training to give some sort of interviews and exams to get a job.”

“So, y’are still unemployed?”

“In a way, yes,” Zack shrugged.

“Oh,” She nodded. “Which type of job?”

“Uh, Game Designing.”

“Which department?”

“Uh…” Zack didn’t have an answer to this question. “I’m just aiming to become a coder.”

“Okay, so which company will ya prefer to join?” She curiously asked.

“Actually, I have quite a big wish-list written down, and… anybody of them will do.”

“Okay. But, I’m just thinking that what a coder-in-training was doing in the middle of the highway, twenty-five kilometre away from the city, with no vehicle.”

A sweat fell down from Zack’s forehead. His forehead was full of sweat now because of this indirect question being raised. “Uh, well…” He murmured, tried to think of a good distraction. “What should I say now?” He thought. “I’m now outta ideas.”

“Well, what’s taking ya so much time?” Lucy questioningly asked.

Zack nudged Adam to wake up, but he was sleeping soundly. He thought, “C’mon! How the heck can he sleep in such a tight situation?”

“Well, was it something disturbing?” Lucy asked.

Zack sighed and tilted his head down. Then, he nodded and said, “Someone close to me is in danger.”

Lucy was shocked to hear such an answer. “Really?! Who?!”

“Uh, I can’t tell ya more, the kidnappers are gonna kill him if I leak this information,” Zack said in despair.

“Please, I wanna help ya. I swear I won’t leak the information further,” She worriedly said.

“I can’t trust anyone now, Lucy. You seem good to me but I’m not sure. Actually, some people act very decent, but their truth is hard to digest. I’m not saying anything to you—”

“Yeah, I understand. Please contact me if ya need any help. I’ll be there to prove my loyalty as a human.”

“Thank you.” Zack was looking at the floor of the car, and thought, “I have spoken semi-truths, but I’m taught that they can raise suspicion. I needa be careful next time.”

Lucy also tilted her head down. “I know I’ve seen him, but where. Anyways, I needa be careful next time.”

It was a completely empty void. It was black from all sides and didn’t have an end. With just a floor to stand on, Zack was desperately searching for something. Running here and there, he shouted, “Olivia! Adam! Anyone?! Anyone who can listen to me?!” Suddenly, he saw the masked woman, looking at him in despair.

“I-I lost!” She murmured.

Zack, who didn’t know why she was doing it, observed a pistol on his hand, while his opponent was empty-handed. He pointed it at her and while trying to collect the courage, said, “S-Surrender to SAI! W-Where’re my friends?”

Giving a devilish smile while eyes covered with her hair, she said, “Well, well! Look behind!”

Turning back, he saw large tentacle-like structures where his friends were tied up. It was shaking vigorously to and fro, with the two shouting “ZACK! ZACK!” Zack desperately looked towards left, and then towards right, to find a way or a weapon to give a fight. Suddenly, he saw a creepy demon-like shadow coming from behind him as he looked back. His eyes grew wide in shock as to his horror, back laid a big monstrous demon who said, “YA ARE GONNA DIE FIRST!”

February 6th, 2014 (1:09 am)

“Hey Zack, wake up!” He heard a masculine voice.

“I think he’s sleeping very soundly,” another feminine voice replied.

“Whatever, we’ve got an urgent work to do! Wake up, Zack!”

Zack suddenly got up and saw Adam and Lucy standing in his front. “Ya were in a very deep sleep, Zack. Who can sleep like this in a moving car?” Adam said, trying to exaggerate. Zack was sitting inside the car while the other two were standing outside the car, just beside him. Zack looked outside the car and noticed that the car was parked just in the front of his house. “This is your house, isn’t it?” Adam confirmed.

“Wait, does it mean that you yourself weren’t sure which one is his?” Lucy said.

“U-Uh, I su-suppose so,” Adam murmured in front of her after the revelation of the truth.

“Don’t make a scene here, ya two,” Zack commanded, still in half-sleep. “Everyone is fully asleep here by ten.”

“Well, it seems pretty fast, isn’t it?” Lucy said.

“I know it is, but I’m not the one to control them, am I?” Zack told them as he stood up, scratching in his head.

“I think ya got some lice in your hair,” Lucy tried to crack a joke.

“Ya, I named him ‘Adam Atkinson’. Sad life I got,” Zack joked.

“Hey! It’s not funny!” Adam scolded on the giggling Lucy and Zack.

“It is, Ads,” Lucy contributed the humorous talk.

“Whatever!” Adam grunted and turned back towards the home. “Humph!”

“Don’t act like a child, Ads. Even women are watching!” Zack took the talk to a new height.

“Enough please!” Adam tried to stop them.

“See the annoyance in his nose!” Zack laughed, pointing towards his face.

Adam face-palmed and sighed.

“This is the first time I’ve beaten the humor-master!” Zack gleefully announced.

“Enjoy your win, it won’t last long!” Adam cited.

“Adam’s on the lead,” Lucy said. “Wanna say anything?!”

“Uh…” Zack tried to think.

“Like I said, it won’t last long!”

“Ooh! Beaten and broken, can Zack stand again?” Lucy said like a commentator in WWE-matches.

“Well, we should get going now, right Ads?” Zack innocently said.

“First, d’ya lost?” Lucy asked.

“Okay, it’s enough. I accept my defeat, is that okay now?” Zack calmly replied, trying to hide his annoyance.

“Well, I had a lot of fun with both of ya, but…” She scratched her head. “I think it’s time to leave.”

“Goodbye, Lucy,” Adam waved as she sat in her car.

Scratching his head, Zack said, “Well, ya know I can’t give a perfect ‘goodbye’ like they do in films and all…”

“Don’t worry over silly things, Zack. One doesn’t need a perfect goodbye to convey that you’re really sad for parting away,” Lucy said and drove away.

Watching the car going away, Zack sighed and said, “She was correct.” Then, he turned and walked towards his home. “We’re still without a plan, Ads. Let’s not waste a second!”

Both of them were sitting on the sofa-set facing each other, with their heads tilted down. “It’s a quarter-past one, and we’re still uncertain as what to do,” Zack said in despair.

“I know, Zacky. I think that first we should decide as what can be done. Either we can just attack there with weapons, or try a hand-on-hand combat, isn’t it?”

“We can’t do both of them, ’cause we don’t have that particular reason by which we can enter the cottage again. And attacking from outside can be dangerous, isn’t it?”

“Yup, so what?” Adam asked. “What can be that particular reason which can lead us inside the cottage again?”

“It’d be much better if we can just get it, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, but nothing in this world can be just… ‘obtained’.” Adam tried to explain.

“I know, and I can’t wait! I can’t just sit here when I don’t even know what must be happening out there! That’s why, the earlier we do it, the better!”

Suddenly, a large voice of someone falling on the ground came as both of them turned their heads to their left, towards the door. “What was that?”

“Maybe someone is hearing us!” Zack said, got up and opened the door. He turned his head to the left, towards the stairs as a knife approached him. He suddenly took his head back as a reflex action and caught the hand. With the opened door as the cover, he pulled the hand and gave the figure a hard kick. That womanish figure fell on the ground, with the knife kept beside her. She chose not to try taking it and she chocked, sitting on the ground.

“What the heck, Zacky!” She said. Zack grabbed her head and pulled it forward.

“LUCY!” Both Adam and Zack screamed in unison. “What’re ya doing here?!”

“Hey!” Olivia, who was now situated on the chair, with her hands and legs tied up, yelled on the masked woman, who was taking a nap on her chair. “Whaddya want from me?!”

The woman, who was now angry with her nap broken in between, looked at Olivia in frustrated and angrily asked, “When’d I say that I want something from ya?!”

“So why am I kept like this?!” Olivia asked and broke into tears.

The masked-woman stood up and advanced towards her. “Because y’are so weak!” She said. “Ya may not be the gift, but y’are the reason why I’m given the gift! Try to understand!”

Olivia sniffed and said, “By the way, I know who y’are.”

“Oh, really?!” She challenged and asked. “Who am I?”

“What’re ya doin’ here?” Zack asked Lucy as he gave her a hand to get up.

“Actually,” Lucy said while getting up. “I’m Mr. Johnson’s daughter, and a spy. My full name is LUCY JOHNSON.”

0