E7: Lucy’s Help
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

February 6th, 2014 (1:10 pm)

“So, y’are the daughter of Mr. Johnson, correct?” Zack confirmed. The three were sitting on the sofa-set of Zack’s house.

Lucy nodded and said, “I think that it’d be safe to tell my father about our situation.”

“No,” Zack sighed and stood up. “We won’t.”

“Why?” She angrily enquired. “Ya think Dad is old enough that he’ll die?”

“No, Lucy, I didn’t mean that.”

“Stop it! That’s what ya meant!” Lucy angrily replied. “My father is still strong enough to come back outta that fight ALIVE!”

“I know, I—”

“And I love him! I won’t listen a single word against him!”

“Stop it!” Adam said. “We’re not here to fight!”

“Stop HIM!” Lucy said.

“Lucy, at least listen to me,” Zack said, holding her shoulders. He was standing just in her front. “See, I meant that he may not come back alive outta that fight because those men are very dangerous! They can give their lives just to shot one bullet at the target, which will be, at no doubt, your father, Mr. Johnny Johnson!”

“O-Oh, okay. So, we can’t tell him about our situation, right?”

“Yes,” Zack said, starting to walk around the sofa-set. “And, even we can’t save anyone if we mindlessly arrive at the spot and start to shoot at them. We need a good plan which can make us enter the cottage again and then DIRECTLY shoot at their leader, the mysterious masked woman.”

“And to enter, we don’t just need a plan, we can also get a purpose to enter,” Adam suggested.

“Whaddya mean?” Zack enquired.

“Well, we’re thinking to secretly enter the cottage, without anyone seeing us, right?” Adam asked them. “So, can’t we just find a purpose through which we can enter the cottage and meet their leader?”

Both of their eyes widened with a smile. Lucy said, “Why we didn’t think of this?”

“Well, lemme tell ya why,” Zack said. “Adam, what can be that ‘purpose’?”

“Uh…” Adam thought. “Maybe we can find that out if we discuss…?”

“Nah, give it a try,” Zack said, tilting his head slightly upwards as a sign to say ‘go on’.

“Uh…” Adam constantly tried to think. “Maybe we can ask for weaponry help?”

“They told us to bring him alive if possible.”

“So…”

“See, the most basic and reliable one is that we bring them what we want, isn’t it?”

“Yes, if we take what they want, we can definitely enter,” Lucy explained.

“And what they want?” Zack asked them like a teacher, signing them to connect the dots.

“Mr. Johnny Johnson!” Adam said.

“So if we take Dad, then we can enter the enemy territory!” Lucy explained. “And we can’t take him.”

“Correct!” Zack told them. “We can’t take him as our scapegoat, got it?”

“Y-Yes, so basically, we needa give them a fight, right?”

“No, even at such a situation, there’re high chances for our comrades out there to be killed, isn’t it?”

“Yeah,” Lucy nodded. “Then what can be done?”

Zack sighed and replied, “I think we should discuss that later. What if we first discuss how to arrange guns in the middle of the night?”

“For that, I have a plan,” Lucy told them.

Zack, who now stood beside the sofa facing her, asked, “Go ahead.”

Lucy smiled and said, “See, I don’t know if it will work or not, but we can at least try.”

“You sound like it’s gonna be dangerous,” Adam replied.

“Well, can say. I think we should ‘rob’ SAI’s Weapon Warehouse!”

“SAI’s Weapon Warehouse?” Both screamed in unison.

“Do a place like this exist?!” Zack added with his eyes wide open.

“Well, that’s what happens when you start school in mid-year!” Adam laughed.

Zack grunted. “Humph!”

February 6th, 2014 (1:19 am)

The masked woman was shocked. She walked back, with eyes wide open in shock. “H-How d’ya know?!” She shockingly asked.

Olivia chuckled and said, “Well, you really thought that keeping a mask over your face can cover your voice!”

“W-What the fuck!” She screamed. “I should better be prepared next time!”

“Yeah, ya better be!”

February 6th, 2014 (1:26 am)

“So this is SAI’s Weapon Warehouse!” Zack said in awe. Zack was driving the car while Lucy, seated beside him, was giving him the directions.

“Yeah, this is it. Stop the car here,” Lucy instructed. The car was stopped some meters away from the building. It was a silent road and the warehouse was guarded with armed guards at the front gate. It also had some towers for the guards with binoculars to keep a watch on the area. They were on one corner of the road, where it divided into two ways— right and left. They were watching on their left towards the warehouse, which had dim lights for vision. A cool breeze ran from that direction and entered the car through Zack’s open window. He shivered down his spine.

“Oof, it’s so cold!” Zack said.

“Always has been, brother!” Adam laughed. “You were the one sleeping at this point of night!”

“So, don’t ya sleep ‘til two?!” Zack asked.

“A-Actually, I was saying from the side of those truck drivers!” Adam made a joke. But, the two saw him with disgust.

“It’s not funny, buddy!” Zack said.

“It’s really a bad one!” Lucy commented.

“Uh, can’t we just focus on our mission?” Adam asked.

“We are tryna do the same here, Adam,” Zack told him, still a sense of disguise on his face.

“O-Okay,” replied Adam.

Zack turned his head towards the warehouse. Adam leaned forward because it wasn’t visible from behind due to the intersection. “So, what’s the plan?” Zack seriously asked.

“Just get in there, pack the guns and get out,” Lucy replied.

“And how’re we gonna do it?” Zack asked.

“Let’s start by getting in,” Lucy said and opened the gate of the car.

When she was just getting out, Zack asked her, “Ya think we can get in so easily?”

“Yup, at last, most of the guards must know me,” Lucy said and winked.

“Who’re ya?” was the guards’ first question. A young man, eighteen of age, wearing a jumpsuit as his uniform, asked them. He was a white skinny guy with his hair stood up in the air due to gel. His rifle was hung on his right shoulders and his badge showed ‘Jacob Braun’. He was the only one at the post and the others were posted inside or the walls, except an old man, eighty of age, with a cap on his head. Zack asked, “Ya don’t know her?”

“Nah, I’m a newbie here, brother,” The guard replied.

“See, Jacob, we don’t have much time. Try to remember what ya were taught. Weren’t ya said to welcome the daughter of Mr. Johnson, the owner?” Zack asked.

“No, to be precise,” The guard said. “We were not taught anything like this.”

Zack face-palmed and asked, “So—”

“Hey!” The old guard arrived. His badge said that his name was ‘George Thomson’. He stood up from his chair, kept inside his post dugout, and arrived outside. “Jacob, it’s been years since I’ve worked here.”

“D’ya know him?” Adam whispered in Lucy’s ears.

“Yes, he’s a respected guard here. He’s worked here for almost fifty years, and has done exceptionally well in all those years.”

“Oh.”

The old guard continued, “I’ve worked for many years, and have met many men and women who come here to get guns. Many a times the weapons have been misplaced or misused, but after watching them for quite a long time, I have a good eye for irresponsible and bad ones.” He stopped in front of Lucy and continued, “And I know that owners’ daughter won’t be one of them.”

She hugged him as a drop of tear ran down her cheek. She wiped it with her shirt’s sleeve. Suddenly, he whispered in her ear, “Now, daughter, tell me why are you here?”

“See, Olivia, can’t we be friends, like we used to be?” The masked woman asked Olivia. Her eyes were wide open, forehead was full of sweat and she was gone nuts due to this revelation. “See, I can even provide the money, just don’t leak this information to SAI. M-My whole plan will be ruined.”

“First, open me!” Olivia said dominantly. “I want ya to release everyone NOW! But before that, open me!”

“O-Okay,” She replied and went towards her back. While opening her ropes, she said, “Well, well! D’ya really thought that Imma open ya up and release everyone?”

“W-Wait, what?” Olivia was frightened.

“Well, I’m not gonna repeat my sentence.”

“W-Wait, l-listen to m-me. I-I think that w-we can—”

She stood up and screamed at her, “I’M NOT HERE FOR YOUR CHIT-CHAT!” She took out a steel rod, which was hanging on her belt like a sword, and hit her really hard on her face. Olivia tossed around, with her nose and mouth bleeding.

“Aah!” Olivia said, touching her face. “It hurts!”

“Well, it won’t hurt if y’are dead. Wanna experience?” She dominantly asked. “Ya know I don’t give mercy to everyone nowadays, but y’are an exception.” The masked woman crouched and tossed her face towards herself and asked “So, wanna die or…”

“Well, why’re ya here?” Mr. Thomson asked. “I feel fear and uncertainty in your eyes. It’s a wrong task, in your eyes, which y’are gonna do here. So, what is it?”

“W-What? No!” She pushed him back softly and said, “I’m not here to do any bad thing.”

“Then, tell me, why’re ya here?” Mr. Thomson asked. “Huh, why’re ya here?”

“Well…” Lucy tilted her heads skywards as of trying to think of an excuse. “Uh…”

“C’mon, Lucy, just tell him!” Adam motivated her.

She looked back and said, “Ya tell him himself if it looks so easy!”

“Lemme handle this, both of ya!” Zack said and walked towards the guard. “Sir, actually, Adam and I are lost in the middle of the night. We were kidnapped by thugs of kidnappers and we’re here after a long-fought battle. We’re not residents of London, or even England, and thus, we want a place to sleep at night. Lucy can’t tell about us to her parents and all the hotels nearby are very expensive. We don’t have even a single pound, sir. Please…” Zack joined his hands and begged, “Please let us stay here, for just one night.”

“W-Well—” The guard shrugged. “Okay, you can sleep here, but are you both sure that you can stay here?”

“Y-Yes,” Adam added more realness to the made-up story. “It’s very cold outside at nights during winters.”

“Uh… Okay, I think ya can go inside. Follow me,” Mr. Thomson said with a sense of shock in her face. He was also sweating. The three were just about to start when Jacob said, “Miss, why’re ya going inside? Mr. Thomson can show them a good place to cut the night.”

“Uh…" Lucy tried to make a god excuse as a drop of swear fell down her forehead. She was very tense. After a second, she continued, "Actually, you know I don’t trust people. So, I think I should at least see myself where’re they gonna sleep.”

“Let her come, Jacob,” Mr. Thomson said and continued towards inside. She entered inside and saw the cranes and trucks working. While walking towards the entrance, which was a little far away, the guard told them, “SAI’s Weapon Warehouse is not just a warehouse, it’s also one of the leading weapon wholesaler to the army. It contains technically all types of weapons, be it a pistol, a missile or even a hydrogen bomb!”

“Whoa!” Zack said. “It’s not a safe place to sleep!”

“Don’t worry, son. We work with all safety functions in place and all follow all necessary norms. There’s a reason why the government trust us!” Mr. Johnson explained.

“But, no one know what happens the next second,” Zack replied.

“That’s an entirely different thing, son. We don’t know what will happen the next second, will we be alive or not. At any second, a lunatic can come with a car and crash it upon us, or when a plane can crash due to any engine fault, but we can’t live with such fears, right?”

“Yeah, that’s correct.”

“But, what can happen here now what didn’t happen for over twenty years, right?”

“Hmm…” Zack thought. “And what happened before twenty years?”

“Well, the agency itself was opened twenty years ago.”

“Oh, okay,” Zack replied, looking down. “It was a silly question, I suppose.”

“No, son, in fact I’m happy ya took it out. Something could have happened twenty years ago, if it was open at that time, isn’t it?” Mr. Thomson tried to explain him.

“Yeah, okay. Imma remember that,” Zack said.

The guard entered inside the building’s door and turned left inside. The three followed him silently. Suddenly, the guard stopped and turned back. Folding his arms, he looked sideways and then said, “So, no one’s gonna see us here.”

“Uh… By the way, why’ve we stopped here?” Lucy asked in disgust.

The old guard replied, “So, who’s that kidnapper?”

0