E14: Old Feuds
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 12th, 2014 (11:06 pm)

Miley was chilling on her Instagram account on her phone. Her feed included the posts of her friends Olivia, Lucy, and even Mr. Johnny. Though there was nothing new, just some old post she had not liked yet, she scrolled down anyways. She was lying on her bed and changed to her pajamas. She was wearing a pink-and-white pajama and matching t-shirt. She was getting bored with those old feeds and threw the phone back on the bed. She thought, “Nothing interesting, even on phone!” Suddenly, a door-bell rang. “Who’s here now at this point of time?” She disgustedly thought as she got up from the bed and walked up towards the door. She exited the room, turned left and passed the drawing room to the front door. She opened it and saw a man wearing black coat-suit over white shirt and a normal black pair of trousers. His shoes were also black and he also had his black sunglasses spectacles on. Looking full black, he asked, “How’s it goin’?”

“Are you from Xavier Group?” She asked, pointing towards him.

“Obviously, now reply.”

“Oh, it’s not that good till now,” She replied, tilting her head downwards in guilt. “We just only had two-three kills, and that too went unnoticed.”

“That’s definitely not good,” The man coldly replied. “What about Adam’s stats?”

“That emotional bastard is still unable to impart with his emotions.”

“Your team is not on good terms with our group already, and you know what this mission’s failure will mean, right?”

“Yep, sure I know,” She still had her head down in guilt. “But I can’t do anything now. The third week of the competition is about to start. It’s gonna be very important for us, ‘cause this will tell if we’ll qualify or not.”

“Hmm…” He thought for a few seconds. Then, he slapped her face really hard. Miley fell down due to the impact, with her hair scattered on the floor in all directions.

“Ah!” She said in pain while she rubbed her cheek with her right hand. “It hurts, you motherfu—”

“Tell these words to someone else!” He cold-heartedly told her. He crouched down and got hold of her face. He tilted it towards himself and ordered her, “Now see…” He angrily told her. “If I don’t get results in the next mission, Imma beat all this shit outta you! Got it?!”

Still in pain, she tilted her head, “Y-Yes, I got it.”

“He suddenly asked her, “Oh and, I got to know that someone in the SAI has got the information about us. Is it true?”

“W-W-Well…”

He slapped her again and said, “See, if our information is leaked to the outside world, it would not be good news for you, Miley. You know how we discard useless people. We’ve kept our existence a secret for many years, but I don’t want it to be leaked just because an asshole can’t store secrets in her stomach. Got it?” She nodded.

He dominantly nodded in return and said, “Well done.” He opened the locks of his briefcase, which was on his left hand, and searched for a folder. He took out a folder and gave it to her, saying, “Here it is, the folder of your last mission, Operation SAI Eradication Process One: Moles, Mission Two: Kidnap Two. And remember,” He scolded her. “If this mission is a failure, all of you—literally all of you— will lose your lives. So don’t try acting on your own and fuck things up, like you did before.” He gave the folder to the struggling woman, and got up. “I need results, and so do you,” He quoted and exited the room, slamming shut the door behind him.

Miley tried to get up and angrily said while frowning, “Imma see you, you asshole.”

 

March 13th, 2014 (10:09 am)

Zack just woke up on his bed. Today was a holiday from the drills as the Second Week just ended the previous day. He stretched his arms up and said, “It’s good to wake up late, especially when you don’t have the tension to compete in a competition like you had the previous day. He stood up from his bed and turned to the right of the bed towards the washroom. Beside the washroom was a small window where he was staring towards the people driving their cars towards the workplace or a picnic spot. He thought, “How good it would be to be a part of the family.”

 

March 13th, 2014 (11:58 pm)

“Hey, when are you coming?” Adam asked Zack, who was driving a car, on phone. “It’s twelve noon already.”

“Please, Adam, wait. I’m coming. You know I don’t like social gatherings. And half of the tournament is still left, how can someone party just because a week is over?”

“It’s not a party just because the second week is over, ‘kay?” Adam told him on phone. “It’s the birthday party of Noah!”

“I have never even met this man in this whole time, how can I attend his birthday party?!”

“It got nothing to do with your knowing him or not. He just wants to share this moment with us!”

“I don’t find sharing a birthday party with someone you never met in your entire life a good idea anyways. I’ll be just there for my lunch, ‘cause my refrigerator is empty and I haven’t bought rations!”

“It’s your problem, Zack. I don’t wanna know the reasons. Just arrive here already.”

“Okay, I’m coming in just five minutes,” Zack replied and hung up the phone. “Phew!” He sighed and thought, “I’m a bit nervous now. I’ve never met those men before and now I'm here, attending their birthdays!”

 

Suddenly, the traffic signal turned red as the cars stopped. Zack also stopped his car. It stood second to the first car of the lane at the signal. He thought, “The signal’s red. At least, I got an excuse to be late.” A black SUV stopped right beside his car on his right. He turned right and saw the new-neighbor-of-a-minute. Suddenly, his eyes went towards the driver and its companion. To his shock, the ones who sat there were Lucifer and Jason. Jason was on the driver’s seat, with a bottle in hand, while his friend Lucifer was beside him, rubbing the box full of bottles. “T-They’re J-Jason and Lu-Lucifer…” He shockingly thought.

Lucifer turned his head towards right and saw Zack constantly staring at the two, with his eyes wide open in shock. “Hey, Zack!” He called.

“Zack?” Jason asked. “Where’s he?”

“See,” Lucifer said, pointing at the frozen man. “Hey Zack!” He yelled again, a bit louder this time.

He de-froze as he looked around and then saw the men waving at them. “’Sup?” Lucifer asked.

“Uh… Fine...?”

“You don’t look fine, Zack. It looks like you just saw a ghost in the middle of a sunny day!”

“O-Oh, no,” Zack somehow replied. He thought, “Oh, why do I look shabby in front of those I left behind?”

“So, why did ya leave us, buddy?” Jason asked.

“We tried contacting ya, but your house was always shut whenever we rang the bell,” Lucifer told him. “Why didja leave us?”

“N-Nowhere, I was always on my own now. I think I-I’ve moved on.”

“Whaddya mean by ‘moved on’? Are you talking about Ruby?” Jason asked. “It’s good of you to move on, but let’s plan to meet up somewhere now! I’m really missing those drinks we had!”

“Yeah! Those sips of Brandy we used to have were lit!”

“Sorry guys,” Zack replied, closing his eyes. “I’ve moved on from you.”

“What?!” Jason asked in shock. “Move on, from us?”

“Yeah, I’ve quit drinking and I’ve got a good company of friends who actually care for me. They’re not the likes of you who came close to me just because I can buy you those favorite expensive Brandy of yours. They don’t use me for my money, at the very least, and it was very ungrateful of you to use me just for your own good. So, I’ve left ya.”

“Whaddya wanna say?!” Lucifer angrily asked. “We always used you up? No Zack, no! We didn’t use you, we just helped you! It was you who came closer to us and made us alcoholic!”

“I said to go to a bar, but it was you who became addicted, ‘kay?!” Zack angrily replied. “I was never an alcoholic like ya! And I never will be!”

“D’ya wanna say that we’re alcoholics?!” Jason angrily asked. “So what if we’re?! We’re still better than ya, ‘cuz we don’t leave our friends behind!”

“You wanna listen who ya really are?” Zack coldly whispered. “Y’are nothing but some fucking alcoholics who use other’s emotions just for a fucking glass of vodka!”

The duo was shocked. Lucifer thought, “How does he know that we—”

“Shocked?” Zack asked. “See, I don’t give a fuck about who you are, so lemme take my departure.” The signal turned green as Zack drove away. The duo was so shocked, with their eyes wide open, that they just glared at the car leaving for a few seconds. Suddenly, someone honked from behind as they woke up from their day-dreams and started to drive.

 

March 14th, 2014 (12:09 am)

Zack just reached the destination where the party was held. It was a big lawn in front of a large bungalow. Zack parked the car and descended down out of the car. He closed the door of the car and locked it with his keys. Then, he kept his keys inside the right back-pocket of his pants while he started moving at the back of the car towards the entrance. Opening the black iron gate, he started walking inside to find his friends. The lawn was filled with tables full of food and people eating it, along with a special dance-floor for everyone to dance. It also had a bar inside the house where many men were drinking and talking together, with glasses full of hard-drinks. He tilted his face here and there and looked at all the corners of the lawn at once in search of his mates. Suddenly, a man patted his shoulders from back. He turned around and found Harry asking him, “At last, you are here.”

“Harry, I’ve an important question to ask you for,” Zack asked him. He thought, “Adam and Miley are not around and I’m alone here with him for a few minutes, so it’d be best to ask him out now.”

“Yes?”

“Remember I told you to follow Adam a few days ago?”

“Oh, yeah, yeah. How can I forget?” Harry replied. He started sweating as he thought, “What should I reply now? I can’t tell him the truth.”

“So, did you find anything strange? Like Adam meeting Miley in secret, and they talking about something strange like kidnapping?”

“Oh, he already knows half the truth!” Harry thought, still hesitating what to reply. “I-I-I saw n-nothing like t-t-this. Ad-Adam just wa-wanted to use the restroom, a-and then I didn’t follow h-him further.”

“Oh,” Zack replied. Then, he thought, “That’s just not expectable. He should have followed him further. Now how am I gonna find what’s the truth?!”

 

Suddenly, a large truck came and parked in front of the gate. The birthday boy Noah, who was in the dance floor with his friends, saw the same and walked towards the gate, confused. “Hey, truck driver!” He shouted at him. “Park it somewhere else please!”

Suddenly, the secret masked woman, wearing her usual mask and black pair of tight jeans and t-shirt on top of jacket, came down the truck and replied, “Imma park it my way, child!” Suddenly, two-three people also came out of the truck and threw some bomb-like structures at the people. The bomb-like thing secreted white smoke gas as suddenly Zack started to cough due to it and fell own and fainted soon after.

0