Testing Skills 1
425 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of the fork hitting the plate was the only thing heard. Jack was sitting down on the kitchen table ravenously eating the eggs his mother had cooked for him. She in the other hand was on the opposite side of the table eating a toast.

"*Cough*.... water."

"Here...

*Gulp Gulp*

"Haaaaa, that hit the spot. "

"Yeah, it did. Didn't you eat anything yesterday? You just ate up  three eggs and that was in less than 30 seconds. You must've been starving."

".....

Okay then I'm going out."

"Going out?"

"Yes, is there a problem?"

Jack didn't turn around and just said drily. He didn't want to be rude , but there really was something he had to do.

"No, it's just that I've never seen you go out so early since...

"It's alright, you don't have to beat around the bush. I'm not bothered at all by it anymore."

"Jack...

"Please don't start with the 'Its okay to feel sad' , 'were here for you whenever you need' and 'we just want to see you happy' talk.

I'm good, really!"

"Okay then, but please can you talk to your father and reconcile? Yesterday he was very mad and even got drunk."

"What!? What did you just say?"

The sound of bones cracking was heard. Jack had cleched his fists so hard that his knuckles had turned white.This time he turned around with fie burning in his eyes and said with a rough voice.

"Did he...

"No no no, he didn't do anything, it's just that he only drinks when things are going...not that good.So, can you please at least talk to him?"

*Sigh*

"I'll try , but I won't promise anything. Also, thanks for the eggs, they were delicious and I really enjoyed them. Well then, I'm out."

....

In the local park many people were seen enjoying this beautiful sunny day. Old people talking about old times, politics and even playing chess while married couples with their kids and joggers also were one of the staples of the park,  but only one of them mattered to us.

"Huff huff huff.....

Jack was wearing a blue sports suit and black sneakers while he jogged along the park, breathing heavily and sweating like mad.

"Hah hah hah, I... think this is enough for me now. I better go sit somewhere to rest."

He sat down on one of the many stools of the  park and took out his newly bought phone.

"SKILLS."

*Ping*

Skills
Shoot:
Active
+ 10% accuracy ,+ 1 strength when attacking at range.
This applies to stones, arrows, javelins and all other ranged weapons that rely on your physical strength to throw them. (Guns, crossbows and similar weapons not included.)
Run:
Passive
Movement  speed + 5% , stamina decrease - 5%.

In front of him appeared his only two skills . They were the same as yesterday having not changed at all at first look, but from yesterday's experimenting with all the options of the app had , he had  found something. If he tapped twice in succession in the name of the skill when the skills tab was open then the proficiency of that skill would be shown.

*tap tap*

Run:
Passive
Proficiency:
46%

"I was right in my deduction. When I first saw the skill on the skills tab  there was not a level next to it  , but after digging a little I found a tab that showed the  proficiency.

I was not certain at the time what proficiency was , but now I know for sure . Before I left the house the proficiency of my skill 'Run' was at 32% proficiency and now it's at 46% proficiency. It seems that by running/using the skill  the proficiency raised."

Birds sang all around him as he laid there  resting from the run he just did and basked on the warm summer sun. A small smile creeped on his face.

'I haven't had fun like this since a year ago. Trying to figure out the workings of the app and it's uses really is something.'

Five minutes later he stood up.

"Note to self; the recovery speed of my stamina has also increased . In the five minutes I rested I have almost completely recovered and there is no muscle pain at all taking into consideration I don't even run. Now then, to my next destination."

......

In an empty baseball field. Jack was throwing baseball after baseball towards a net that cached them.

"Haht..

Haht..

"Damn Jack ,with that throwing arm of yours you can become our best pitcher."

To his side a tall and skinny young man wearing a baseball cap and casual clothes voiced his thoughts.

"No thanks, I just came here to let off  some steam. Also, you're definitely better than me.

Hat..

 I hope I didn't bother you."

"No ,I'm just glad you came at all. It's been what, a year since we really had a talk?"

"Yes...

"Well, I'm just glad you seem to be okay, that's all that really matters. If you don't have anything to do how about we hang out with the old gang for a while ?"

"Hat...

I'm sorry, I really have to go somewhere. I'll just do a couple of more throws and I'll go."

"I understand, but you don't have to rush. You can practice here as much as you like.

Well then , I have to go now. See you again , soon."

"Hat..

'Im sorry Daniel , but I really have to figure out everything about this app.'

He grabbed a baseball and got ready to shoot, but what no one new was that he was using a skill, like the ones on videogames.

'Shoot.'

As soon as he said those words in his mind a current of warm energy moved from who knows where to his back and arm muscles , eyes and legs augmenting his power and raising his accuracy. The ball made a nice sound as it cut through the air.

10