Vowing Revenge 1
258 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hah hah hah....

Jack was haunched over breathing heavily like a horse after a race. His clothes were drenched in sweat and his hair was a mess like a hurricane had passed through there, but his eyes were focused on the sign in front of him.

"The hospital...I made it. Ngggggg....

Even though he had run with all his might to here which was 20 miles away from the house, he still dragged  his weary and aching body inside. Step by step he walked towards the entrance even though to him it seemed like he had attached 20 kg to each of his legs.

' I have to see him...

I have to see him...

He had only one thing in his mind, his sole purpose. He wanted to meet his grandfather.

The door opened for him and he entered inside with heavy legs . He looked around and realized he  didn't know anything so he decided to ask a nurse in front of him for directions.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for someone.  Can you help me out?"

"Yes..

The nurse answered with a yes , but stopped when she got a good look at Jack.

"I can do that, but you seem to not be fine yourself. "

"*Huff*

I'm okay, just a little out of breath. I'm looking for my grandfather.He was admitted to the ICU today morning."

"The ICU? This morning?

Wait , are you by any chance talking about the old gentleman who got mauled by a bear?"

"Yes...

"Ah, sorry I didn't mean...

"It's ok, just take me to him ."

"Kid, I know that this must be difficult for you and it's normal for you to want to see him, but I don't recommend it. The attack was pretty grusome and the wound's..

"Please! I want to see him."

"Kid, it's not a good idea to...

"If you won't help me then I'll just look for him myself."

Jack walked past the nurse and onto looking for the ICU on his own. 

"Kid, wait!"

"Let go of me!"

"I can't do that. You say that he is your grandfather , but how can I be sure? You could as well be lying."

"Hmph, I have no time to argue with you."

He easily removed his hand from the nurses hold and didn't turn back

' This little....he's strong.'

"Okay then, I'll take you there , but you can't make a scene. Your other family members are there also."

.....

After two minutes of walking through multiple corridors he finally arrived at the room where his grandfather was beeing held .

"The room is that one over there. "

He looked at where the nurse pointed and saw that his father, mother and grandmother were all  there.

"Thanks!"

......

He slowly approached the room as he got closer he  could clearly hear the quiet sobbing of his grandmother, the comforting words of his father and the calm and collected voice of his mother who was explaining to someone the situation on the phone.

'What am I going to say?'

Before coming here his only thought was to see his grandfather , but now that the room was within his sights he was having cold feet and with every step his eyes got more watery.

"Shhhh, it's going to be okay. The doctor said that he is out of the dander zone and that he was very a lucky man.Don't worry mother, we are going to find him the best doctors on the field and...

"Dad...

His dad turned around and stared with wide eyes.

"Jack...

What are you doing here? Wasn't your cousin waiting at the house to explain everything?

How did you even get here?"

His father asked him multiple questions, but he didn't pay him any head.  His eyes were focused on his grandmother's devastated face. She looked as if she had aged rapidly since he had seen her that morning.

"Nana,I'm here!"

"Jack, honey...why *sob* *sob*

 His grandmother tried to say something, but she couldn't stop weeping. Her face was pale and her eyes red from crying.She looked nothing like her former self .

"Nana....

He didn't know what to say and just hugged his grandmother and seemed like he would never let go. He was afraid, so afraid that there wasn't a second that went by he didn't wish he would wake up and realize it was just a bad dream.

"Hush child, it's going to be okay. Your grandfather is a tough nail, he won't croak so easily."

"I know I know , but when I heard that he...

He continued to hug his grandmother until he felt it was enough.

"Jack, what are you doing here?"

The voice of his mother reached his ears. She seemed to  have finished talking on the phone and came over to learn what was going on.

"Mom...

I came to see grandpa."

She didn't say anything, but the look on her face told everything. Jack was about to say something , but his father cut that thought on it's tracks.

"Jack can we have a talk in private?"

"That was what I was thinking also ,father."

.....

"Son, your grandfather is not in a good situation right now , but you insist to see him. I don't think that is a good idea.

The doctor said that the more emotional he gets the more..

"Stop!

Don't try to sugar coat it and tell me the truth."

"Jack, it's not that easy...

Grandpa Ben's condition is complicated and... well...

"Say it! Tell me the truth, I can take it."

"The doctor said that there is only a slim chance that he may survive."

"No....

8