Fight 3
231 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack left disappointed from the police station as he didn't get the shotgun and also he still hadn't eaten breakfast so he was hungry.

"I'm hungry as starving ghost right now. I'm starting to regret having left the house with an empty stomach and now I'm angry and hungry at the same time."

Jack continued to walk the road of the small town his grandparents lived while taking in the scenery. 

"This is nice! Compared to the boming city the quietness of this place is nice and refreshing change .

Still ,since I have arrived here i really haven't explored the town as I have been to focussed in increase my strength by killing slimes and leveling up.Guess I'll do that after retrieving grandpa's gun, but first let's get something to eat."

Jack eyes lit up and he hastened his step as he came across a convenience store. To the him it was  like an oasis in the middle of the dessert.

"Welcome!"

"Ah, hi...

As he entered the convenience he was greeted by a the voice of a young girl that looked to be in highschool by the looks of it. She was not that tall  seeming no more than 170 cm, short red hair, green eyes and the most eye caching thing about her was he big peeks . 

' Gawd damn they are big!'

"Hi, can I help you with something?"

She leaned forward with a knowing look showing her *cough*.

"No, no, it's fine I'm just going to get something to eat." 

He said that with a little blush on his face , but in his mind said something completely different.

' Yeah, I'll just get a ti*y sandwich, to go.'

"Okay then, just call me if you need something."

.....

After the little encounter he just bought a couple of premade sandwiches before leaving.  Also on his way out he bought a map of the surrounding area so he wouldn't get lost when he was looking for the gun.

'I hope the search won't take long. I need to get home before lunch.'

Finding the gun was his priority right now,but not before telling his grandmother so  he found a phone booth and called her.

*Click*

"Hello!"

"Nana , it's me Jack."

"Jack. Why haven't you returned yet? Did you manage to get the gun back?"

"No unfortunately they haven't found it and by the looks of it they don't intend to search for it anymore."

"That's a shame, but what can we do? Maybe it's also for the better .S o, where are you right now because I'm waiting for you to eat breakfast. I  also made your favorite sunny side up eggs."

He heard the excited voice of his grandmother on the phone and felt happy although he wouldn't admit it if he was asked.

"Nana I'm not a little kid anymore so you don't have to take care of me all the time."

"Hush now!You will always will be my little Jack even if you grow up and marry."

"Okay, I'm hanging up now."

'Now, let's get going before it gets to late.'

Jack had been fed and now it was time to go to work.  He continued walking  towards the nearest bus station which was going to take him where he wanted. The busses passed this stop every two hours during the day as in summer time there were a lot of tourist who came to these parts to spend their time sightseeing  or school kids who were on their summer break and decided to go camping in the wild nature.  

'I really don't get the appeal of sleeping on the ground and eating canned food .'

He was going to take the next bus. That way he was going to make a good chunk of the road that  before stopping at the bus stop nearest to the place the bear attack happened and then  making the rest of the trip on foot.

.....

'Tssss...

The bus stopped letting Jack out and as soon as it came it left.

"I'm finally here...

Jack took in the beautiful forest in front of him for a minute before taking his map out.

" Now let's see...

I'm currently here and for me to go the the river I have to go all the way.... here."

Jack connected the destination and his current position with a straight line and furrowed his brows.

"This is the fastest route possible , but it goes straight through the forest. The next best path will double the time it takes to arrive there so....

He raised his head from the map and without notice just ran at full speed towards the forest. He ran and ran with all his might speeding through the forest like a frightened deer. He was like a shadow.

'This is awesome!

I haven't felt so free in my whole life. The speed, the adrenaline...

Let's speed things up some more.

'Physicial Enhancement'.'

After activating his 'Physicial Enhancement' he was even faster than a deer, cutting through the forest like an arrow.

'I AM SPEED.'

*Ping*

"Huh...

As he was feeling as fee as a bird flying in the sky he was brought out of his daydreaming by a familiar sound. He immediately stopped and raised his guard up.

"What is going on? Did something happen?  Why am I getting a notification right now?"

He reached for the phone with a little dread and when he opened the app  what he saw left him speechless.

[ Initiating....

Dungeon entrance found....

For finding a wild dungeon gained title ' Pioneer'... ]

"Wh....

7