Fight 4
197 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A wild dungeon? What's that?"

Jack was confused from the unexpected notification.

"How is it possible that I have discovered a dungeon here in the middle of the forest ? Don't all dungeons have to be entered from the app?"

 His understanding of how the app worked had been shattered. 

"This changes everything I know about the dungeons . I thought that I could only enter the dungeon through the app, but it seems that is not true.

Also this new title."

He went to his titles tab and saw something incredible. The new title he had gained made his heart skip a beat.

                 Pioneer
For being the first person to discover one of the many dungeon entrances:
+2 Intelligence,+2 wisdom.
 XP gain +50% , drop rate + 50% inside the discovered dungeon.

"This...

He opened his eyes wide as he couldn't believe the description of the title. The title 'Pioneer' didn't only raise his Intelligence and wisdom by two points each permanently, but also gave him an XP and drop rate increase of 50% permanently inside the dungeon he had just stumbled upon.

'This title is insane!'

A shiver suddenly passed through his entire body without warning. He didn't know why but he had a bad feeling .

"I need to check this out."

He hastened his step and started to look around for the dungeon entrance as he knew that this discovery was very important. 

' An unknown dungeon in the forest? Why is it here? What is it's purpose? Can it be used by everyone including normal people?'

These thoughts crossed his mind as he looked around like a mad man trying to find something.

"Not here..not here either. Where the hell is it?"

He continued looking for the dungeon entrance as he knew that he couldn't miss that opportunity, but he saw only trees and shrubs. He searched  the surrounding area thoroughly until the only place he hadn't checked was a shallow cave in the rocky face of a hill. It was not a big cave and could  only fit 2 people tops  inside , but the somewhat erie cold aura emanating from it disturbed Jack.

" When I'm staring at it, it feels like I'm submerged into cold water withy eyes closed.That clearly is not a normal cave. This definitely has to be it."

He continued to approach the cave with vigilance as he didn't know what a wild dungeon was, but he didn't take his kusari-fundo out of his inventory as he just wanted to learn something more about this whole dungeon.

"Please be it, please be it..

He said those words repeatedly as he entered the cave.

*Ping*

The sound of the notification rang and Jack imediately knew he was in the right place.

"Yes!"

He shouted in excitement and brought he phone up to see the new notification that had appeared in his log.

[Dungeon entrance found...

Dungeon: Forest of Death...

Enter Forest of Death

'Yes'  'No' ]

Jack looked at his new notifications with part curiosity and part worry.

' The dungeon is called  the forest of death?  A forest of death...

 Going by  the name of the dungeon does that mean that the monsters inside are undead type like zombies? Also the forest part...does that mean that the dungeon is a forest? Should I enter it to confirm?'

As he was contemplating of entering or not entering the dungeon the  rustling sound of leaves and branches cracking was heard from the back.

' What is it! Is it an enemy?'

He imediately turned and was in high alert. Something had sneaked up on him while he was at the entrance of a dungeon.

'Is it someone else? Maybe  it is another gamer like me who has stumbled onto the wild dungeon and is looking for the entrance?'

"Who's there?"

Jack shouted , but he didn't get an answer so he tried again.

"If you are a man answer me. I'm not joking around!"

He still didn't get an answer, but instead got the answer.

From the forest came a four legged, about 1,5 m tall ,hairy creature with thick black fur.

"It's a black bear!"

In front of Jack appeared no human , but a black bear with it's head up sniffing the air trying to look for something.

' Is this a joke! Why would I encounter a bear right now? My grandfather got attacked by a black bear and now I also come across one ?

Don't tell me..

The bear who was still more  than 10 meters away  was slowly wondering about sniffing the air so Jack took this opportunity to inspect the bear.

He looked at it's head, at it's paws, at it's belly, everywhere and he found what he was looking for. On the  bears left shoulder there was a dried patch of blood.

' This has to be a cosmic joke! This bear has to be the same bear that had attacked my grandfather and his friends.'

The bear didn't seem to have noticed Jack yet and , but attracted by something continued to come closer and closer until he was about 5 meters away from the cave.

*Ping*

"Shit!"

Jack shouted in fear. 

'Why...

The bear heard something and turned around to see Jack scared shitless. The notification sound from the phone on Jack's had attracted the attention of the bear and as it turned it's head  Jack was able to clearly see the eyes of the bear . They were not the normal eyes of a bear  but the eyes of a dead fish as they were all white with no pupil.

*Roaaar*

As soon as the bear saw Jack it attacked with a loud roar.

"Not good..

The bear rushed towards Jack with all it's  strength and unfortunately Jack  had no weapons in hand to fight against it. The figure of the bear came closer and closer making its features more clear visible to Jack's eyes. It's  sharp claws that could kill a man with ease, it's sturdy body that could produce incredible strength and speed and lastly it's open mouth filled with numerous teeth that could pierce flesh easily break bone.

'I have to...

Jack was stunned in place from the sudden attack of the bear and couldn't move from the shook he had received , but fortunately for him his 'Time Dilation' skill activated on it's own making the time appear to slow down. 

"Jump...

*Bang*

He avoided the bears rush by a hair by jumping over him and made the bear hit the inner part cave hard. 

"Hah hah hah...

He breathed hard  while his legs were shaking. He was clearly in shok, but it was not over yet. The bear was quickly recovering.

"Damnit all....

INVENTORY ."

He opened his inventory to retrieve his kusari-fundo and started to spin it as fast as he could.

"You're dead motherf*cker!"

The bear who had just fully recovered from slamming into the rocky cave  attacked again.

' Physicial Enhancement, Shoot.'

*Bam*

He activated the two skills at the same increasing his strength by half  and hit  the bear squarely on the head. The sound of the impact was  clearly showed the strength behind the attack , but it seemed it is was not enough to stop the bears assault. Although the bear had it's skull slightly caved in from the attack , it still continued to rush forward.

' This damned..

'Devil Lance' '

Jack stretched out his hand towards the bear and as the bear didn't stop, Jack's hand pierced the bear's skull effortlessly and came out from the back.

"Huf Huff Huff...I'm alive!"

*Ping*

"Damnit!  You fucking death attracting app, it's all your fault that I'm in this situation!"

Jack shouted towards the phone to release his pent up anger even though he knew it was stupid. 

"That was intense, hah hah...I think I'll just sit here for a while."

Jack sat down next to the now dead bear and looked at his log to try to find out what the hell just happened.

[ Encountered enemy: Black Bear (Corrupted)....

Black Bear

HP - 30

CRITICAL

HP -220

Black Bear defeated...

+500  XP

+200 Gold

+1 Soul Stone

Do you want to loot the corpse?

'Yes' 'No' ]

 

7