Entering the Forest of Death 1
205 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning Jack woke up early and without washing his teeth imediately went to the kitchen.

"What should I eat for breakfast?"

It was not even sunrise and he was already rummaging through the refrigerator like a starving raccoon. He looked for about a minute in the fridge and just decided to make himself some simple  sandwiches with ham and cheese. He made five of them and started eating them slowly in the kitchen while he thought about what his next move was going to be.

' I should really explore the new dungeon  I discovered yesterday, but if I do that Iwill definitely face unknown danger. With the first dungeon 'Slimy Tunnel' I knew the strength of a slime and knew that if things didn't look good I could escape at any time I wished , but with this one...

"It's good that I decided to get some protection. 

INVENTORY."

He took out his phone and opened his inventory to see his latest equipment purchase.

              Gambeson
   Padded defensive jacket.

           Riveted  Maille
Small metal rings linked together in a pattern to form a mesh.

These two were his latest equipment. The gambeson he bought in the 'Shop' with 50 Gold and the Maille he got from the tutorial reward he still hadn't claimed.

"Nice!

With this I'll have a decent amount of protection and coupled with the effects of 'Rocky' and my 'Physicial Damage Reduction' skill it's like adding two cherries on top of my pie. 

It's good I did some research on the internet to find a good type of armour for me. With the gambeson I have a little protection from slashing, stabbing and blunt force attacks , but coupled with the riveted maille with it's medium resistance towards slash attacks and small resistance towards piercing attacks it's one of the best defences after full plate armour. This combination of gambeson and maille is not as simple as 1+1=2 . It's more like 1+1=4.

Lastly I didn't choose a enchanted armour because from my research I found out that armour could be frequently damaged from battle. As I don't know how to fix armour and I donn't even know how to begin to fix enchanted armour the best solution for me is the most common solution. I don't have money to waste on mobs and although this was a game it was based on reality.

As I'm more of a mid range fighter this is enough for me."

After he had his fill he headed towards the direction of the newly discovered dungeon , but not before leaving a note to his grandmother that he was not going to return until lunch.

He had prepared himself for a long dungeon dive.

.....

After talking the bus like last time he ran all the way to the cave.

"I hope that you will have good things in store for me, but first."

            Unrelenting
Gained after killing more than 500 opponents in less than 10 days after initiation.

Effect: If you kill 10-20 beings in a day all your stats are raised by 5%, 20-50 beings all your stats are raised by 10%, 50-200 beings all your stats are raised by 15%,200-500 beings all your stats are raised by 20%.

He opened his titles tab and looked over one of them.
"This is indeed a ominous title , but if it is used in the correct way then it could become one of my greatest weapons."
After double checking everything he took from his inventory his new armour and wore it with a little difficulty as he had only worn it once before and that was yesterday.
After wearing it his whole upper body looked almost twice it's normal size from the armor , but the lower half was normal size as it was unprotected. 
"Now let's don't forget about these bad boys.
The fit really good."
Lastly he wore the gloves that were dropped by the black bear giving  himself another boost of +2 Strength.
He was set and ready to enter the ' Forest of Death ' , but instead of entering it he entered another dungeon.
"Enter dungeon  'Slimy Tunnel'."
*Flash*
He was blinded as usual by the bright white light that signified him entering the dungeon.
.....
*Flash*
Jack suddenly appeared inside a dark musty tunnel with his eyes closed. After a second he opponed his eyes to look at his surroundings and nodded.
"It's time to get some kills."
He sped up towards the tunnel he had traversed tens of times, but this time he didn't take out his kusari-fundo.
'My kicks and punches should be enough for normal slimes so it's a waste to use any weapons against them.'
.....
Half an hour had passed and Jack had advanced rapidly in the dungeon and had managed to kill the slimes he encountered easily.
"This has become to easy."
He looked at his gloved hads and spoke with awe and concern.
"I have gotten strong, but is it enough. "
He was worried. The slimes that had been a mortal danger for him to face 10 days ago now were but  jokes in front of him right now. The power he gained easily would label him right now a 'Superhuman'.
*Slush slush*
"Ah , did I leave you waiting?"
As he was contemplating about the future the Slime Boss had managed to form from multiple slimes.
"INVENTORY."
At this time he finally decided to take out his kusari-fundo out of his inventory. He waited for the usual attack and evade with little difficulty.
"Now...
*Bang*
The sound of the Slime Boss hitting the ground hard was heard . It had done it's signature attack of jumping towards the opponent , but Jack who had experienced this kind of attack a lot of times, just jumped back enough to doge it's attack. He then just walked backwards for 4 meters while spinning his kusari-fundo.
"To easy."
*Bam*
 
As the Slime Boss had recovered and was about to attack again the weighted end of the kusari-fundo hit it hard.
"Haht...
After the initial attack Jack just rushed forward towards the deformed slime and unleashed a flurry of devastating punches.
The slime had yet to recover from the initial  attack and now it wasn't able to regain it's form because of the punches that  rained on it's body.
*Whoosh*
"Shiiiii...
That was close!"
While he was enjoying beating up the Slime  Boss with his fist a whip formed from the slimes body and strikes towards his head. He  had only managed to evade it because of his stats.
"Hah hah , you f*cker!"
'I shouldn't have underestimated the Slime Boss. Even if it is just a slime it's still a Boss Monster.
A lesson learned for later times.'
After the whip attack the Slime Boss  created multiple needles on it's surface .
"Not falling for this again!"
Jack saw this and retreated again , but he didn't take his eyes of the slime and also started to spin the kusari-fundo in front of him.
'1...
2...
3...
*Ting ting ting....
The slime released the needle projectiles as expected ,but they were intercepted by the spinning chain which nullified everyone of them.
"Now for the finale."
Having failed in it's previous attack the Slime Boss used it's jumped again.
The slime didn't know but it was jumping to his death.
'Time Dilation'
'Devil Lance'
*ping*
Jack opened his log as the Slime Boss disappeared into goo.
[Slime Boss (Legion) defeated...

+300 Xp...

+50 Gold...

+1 Mana stone...

+1 Health potion (low)

+1 Mana potion (low)

Acquired skill book ' Liquid Body Arrow'...

7