The Right Path 1
174 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A wendigo? What the f*ck is a wendigo?"

Jack was confused by the creatures name. Unlike the slime which was a widely known monster in all kinds of games this wendigo was something he had never heard before.

"The rewards for killing it were 45 XP and 15 Gold, so if I deduct the bonus from finding the dungeon then that means that in normal circumstances someone would gain 30 XP and 10 Gold from killing the wendigo .The rewards for killing the slime were  5 XP and 1 Gold so by rough estimation the wendigo would at least be three times stronger than the slime.Also taking into account the Intelligence difference...

After thinking for a while Jack came to the conclusion that  although he was stronger than any normal human he was still ordinary in every other way. He was not battle hardened like a soldier or experienced in fighting like someone who practiced any kind of martial arts, so his only advantage he could exploit was his wits and experience, but not his own experience.

"Han Je Han that lucky bastard! He got the 'Gamers Mind' and 'Gamers Body' from the beginning while I just got choked out by a slime.No matter, I'll just have to make do with what I have."

Having failed  on his first exploration of the 'Forest of Death' he was not in the mood to fight anymore so he just decided to go home and think about what to do. During the previous fight he had found a lot of weakneses about himself so he was going to fix that.

.....

Jack had taken the bus ride back and arrived at his grandparents house before twelve. He was absentmindedly walking towards his room when a voice caught his attention.

"Jack."

"Huh? Who...

He turned to see who it was and saw his father standing there with a tiered look on his face.

' What is he doing here?'

"What's up?"

Jack asked drily.

"What's up? Is that how you greet your father? Haven't I taught you any manners?"

"Can we stop at that? Right now I'm not in a good mood so can you tell me why are you here waiting for me?"

"Just came here to give you some stuff. Mother said that you wouldn't be back till late so I was going to leave the things to her , but as you are already here...

He reached into his inner pocket and retrieved a black smartphone together with a blue ring.

" You'll also need your phone with you. After what happened not having a way to contact you is not good."

"The ring...

Jack didn't pay much attention to the phone as he was focused on the blue ring. The ring was not any normal ring , but it was 'Slimy Recovery' which he gave to his grandfather so he could get better.

"Ah, the ring! What is so special about it anyway? To me it looks just like a normal cheep ring that you could by anywhere. It doesn't seem to be made out of any precious materials or has any gems on it so I don't understand why your grandfather would specifically say to give this to you."

Jack's eyes narrowed from his father's words.

"Oh, since when did you become an expert at evaluating rings?"

"It's just a rough estimate."

'Yeah, right.'

"How's grandpa by the way? Is he recovering?"

"Recovering?

To tell you the truth I don't know what to say. Two days ago he was at deaths door fighting for his life  and now the doctors are telling me that they had made a mistake and he is just mildly injured. How can they make such a mistake toying with the fate of a person? I'll definitely sue the hell out of them!"

As Jack listened to his father continue ranting about how his grandfather had recovered , about how doctors are just looking to rip you off and that they don't really care about the patient and just want money his face didn't change at all , as if he was expecting that.

' Well the doctors were right about the condition of grandpa, but they didn't take into account the existence of ' Slimy Recovery.If things were left to take their natural course then I would be at grandpa's funeral right now.'

"Did he say anything about the ring?"

"Yes..

No, he just wanted to thank you. I asked him about what, but he wouldn't tell me."

' He knows!'

Jack's prediction had come true. His grandfather was a smart person so he would somehow figure out that his recovery is was because of the ring.

'I really need to find a good excuse for the ring.'

"Anything else?"

"No, just call us sometime. Were still your family."

"I will, when I find the right moment."

After finishing the dry conversation with his father he just went upstairs to his room as his grandmother had gone to the hospital for the time being. The first thing he did was to put slimy recovery on his inventory and then he went on his phone to find any inspiration.

" 'The gamer' has helped me with my understanding of the situation a lot so if I read similar things to it I'll certainly come to an answer soon enough. "

4