The Right Path 2
165 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

More than one week had passed since the failed expedition of Jack into the 'Forest of Death' and during this week he had managed to create a clear plan for his growth.

"SHI XA....

*Bam*

"SHI XA....

In his usual training spot in the forest, Jack was constantly firing blood arrows at the nearby trees. He fired them non-stop without any concern for his wellbeing, firing more than twenty of them in five minutes before stopping to recover his HP.This constant training of his 'Liquid Body Arrow' skill was one part of his plan.

"Hah hah hah.....I'm dead tiered, but...

*ping*

FINALLY!"

Jack shouted in excitement although he was tiered as f*ck. His legs shaking and his face pale from the loss of blood .

"It took me a week to accomplish it so really I hope it was worth it to torture myself in this way."

He threw one last look at the part of the forest in which he trained in and saw that it looked like it was a war zone. The multiple holes on the trees, the ground and the nearby rocks were all covered with blood, his blood making it look like a slaughterhouse. 

The holes on the trees were of different sizes showing the gradual improvement of his skill. Some of the holes had dried blood over them while some still had fresh blood which dripped dow slowly from the bark of the trees and into the ground.The later of them were the biggest holes with a diameter of 3 cm wide and 5 cm deep. These were the results of his non-stop training.

"I really didn't think that the combination of skill and equipment would be so fruitful. 

SKILLS."

 

He opponed his skill tab and observed all his skills, one by one.

'They really have grown well. All of my skills have increased by several levels , but the crimson cherry on top, my reward for my hard work...'

*Tap*

 

      Liquid Body Arrow Lv 10
                (Master)
Infuse Mana into a liquid or semiliquid part of your body and release it on the form of an arrow .

 Lv 10 (Master) : Skills Mana usage is decreased by 10 % , power is increased by 20 % , casting time decreased by 50%.
Gained 'Silent Casting'.

 

"Holy shit, holy shit ,holy shit....

HOLY SHIIIIIIT THAT'S GOOD!"

' I had expected something to happen to the skill when it reached Lv 10, but this is of the charts.'

During his contemplating of how to increase his strength without relying entirely on his stats he came to a obvious, but hard to accomplish conclusion . After a lot of thought he came to the conclusion that the best was to do  that was increasing the level and repertoire of skills. At first he had thought of joining some kind of MMA gym or a boxing gym to gain fighting experience , but while he was  thrilled to have found out a way to increase his ability to fight, he soon came to the realization that the kind of training he was going to receive was to fight against unarmed humans and not monsters. Firstly, he asked himself if a normal human fighting against a slime with boxing was a good idea and the answer he came up with was...

"Definitely not!"

There was the risk that the slime would engulf the body and suffocate the person like it had done to Jack in the tutorial. Secondly was the issue of time. Could Jack become a capable boxer in a short amount of time?

"Definitely not."

Although he would be able to raise the skill level of his 'Punch' skill that doesn't mean he was a boxer. Boxing isn't all about who throws the strongest and fastest punch. So taking these facts into consideration he decided that training a long range skill was necessary and what better skill was there to train than 'Liquid Body Arrow'?With the help of 'Slimy Recovery' he had had been  grinding  this whole time on the skill and the results didn't disappoint at all.

"Now that I think about it 'Slimy Recovery' is really overpowered for someone who has a large amount of mana, but it still has restrictions I found out the hard way.

Firstly the ring had a ratio of recovery of 10(MP):2(HP) which it does automatically.  Secondly the  recovery process had a window of time of ten seconds which means that if someone who had a large amount of Mana and someone who had an infinite amount of Mana would still gain 2 HP every ten seconds."

 

Taking these into account Jack understood that 'Slimy Recovery' was but useless to someone powerful as they would sure have better equipment and better skills to recover their HP, but it was very precious on someone low level like him.

"I'm so lucky to have found the solution. It was almost like ' Slimy Recovery' was made to assist 'Liquid Body Arrow'.

Maybe , that is the case as both the skill came from the Slime Boss."

......

In the beginning the plan of Jack was not going well at all. With his low Mana pool and Mana recovery speed his only choice to raise his skills levels was by persistence  so he trained them all day the first day, but it was not enough.

'I can't recover my Mana fast enough.'

His skills required Mana and his Mana recovery speed was low as he had invested his points mainly of his physical stats.

' Should I raise my Intelligence and Wisdom instead? No, if I do that all my efforts till now will go to the drain.'

The second day passed as the first one , but the third day was the day of enlightenment. While looking for anything like 'The gamer' he came across a genre know as Xianxia. It was a Chinese novel genre which focused on cultivation and by reading a little from more than ten of them he discovered something interesting.In all these novels there existed cultivation techniques which would raise the power of the cultivator when they gathered the qi that existed on their universe to strengthen themselves.  Seeing that Jack thought that he had seen something like that on 'The Gamer' as well , but when he saw the technique on the 'Shop' , 'Meditation' cost 5000 Gold and it only increased the recovery speed of Mana by 5% at Lv 0, so with his meagre Mana recovery speed it was just like giving a thirsty man just a drop of water.He was again disappointed , but he continued to red the novels some more and that's when it happened.

In those novels the cultivators used spirit stones which were like containers of qi to increase their cultivation speed and in turn increase their power, but where would he get something like that? The answer was that he already had something like that.

 

 

 

 

 

4