Haunting Screams 2
139 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hahahaha, this has to be it. I'm 99.9% sure about it. I have wondered about this for some time now, but I couldn't come to a conclusion, but now...

 If the place I was sent was a real alternate world then how is it that everytime I entered the same dungeon everything was the same?"

' The dungeon 'Slimy Tunnel' has been completed by me for more than twenty times and every time I entered it everything was exactly the same. The same monsters apeared in the same place, monster distribution was the same and everytime I enter, I am sent to the same part of  mine at the exact place and also...

He crouched down and took some of the dirt before putting it inside his inventory .

'I've tried several times to take some of the rocks inside the dungeon with me to the real world or move them from their original position , but everytime I return to the real world  the stones are gone from my pocket and even from my inventory. Also when I enter the dungeon the next time the rocks that I had moved have returned to their original positions.'

"There may be other possibilities , but with such evidence...

It doesn't  really matter if my conjecture is right or not as what's  important is the 'Who' and 'Why' and not the 'What'."

"Skreee...

"I guess we're starting now?"

A high pitched sound was heard  several times all around.  The sound was coming closer and closer which made him be on guard.

'Is it coming from the right , or from the left, or...

He started creating a battle plan on his head as he started to spin the kusari-fundo on his hand and it was beautiful. His graceful usage of the weapon made him seem as an expert who had trained  for years mastering it to perfection and not someone who had started to use it less than a month ago.

"It seems it's from the front and an areal attack to boot."

In the air above him there appeared a white bat with red eyes.

"A bat?"

The bat was small by human standard , but for a bat it was big. The weird bat had a pair of black leathery wings that were 1m long and his mouth had four exaggerated fangs sticking out.

The bat seemed to have noticed Jack as it was starting right at him , but it didn't attack. It kept is distance as it seemed to be afraid.

'Is it afraid of attacking me or is it something else? Also , what kind of dungeon is this? The description is totally deceptive.'

The bat didn't attack and just stayed at a constant distance from Jack as it started to circle around him . It seemed to be  trying to find an opening or even a blind spot , but Jack just turned and turned and turned and...

'F*ck... it's making me dizy.'

The bat continued to circle him constantly and didn't attack which made Jack a little angry. The constant turning he made to keep view of the bat seemed like like it was playing with him.

'Calm down and think about it. It's not worth beeing angry at a bat, but this behavior of the bat is showing is definitely no mere beastly instinct. It is clearly showing that it has a high degree of Inteligence.Huh? What's that so...

Jack's ears rang and the back of his head hurt a little. Something  seemed to have struck his helmet from the back.

"Ughh.. what just...

"Skreee..

"Aaaaaaaa....

Before his ears were only slightly ringing from the vibration of the helmet , but now it was a hundred times worse. It was like someone was violently raping his ears. The noise was so unbearable that he crouched down and covered his ears. 

'What just...happened?'

The noise  couldn't let him concentrate from , but he had a solution.

' Time Dilation '

The world around him seemed to slow down and the noise was not as  high as before . He didn't know what was happening at all so he just activated his time dilation to be able to regain his composure. 

'Damn it to hell! I'm taking this exploration as slowly as I can, but I still haven't been able to avoid these sneak attacks. Is my luck really so bad? First is the wendigo and now this shit? F*ck!'

He raised his head in anger and saw something furry heading straight for him. 

' Another one?'

It was another bat which but it was  bigger than the first one. This one had brown fur, red eyes and black wings which at the tip of them had a blade like protrusion.

'So you were the fucker who attacked me from the back huh!'

Still under the effects of 'Time Dilation' he took a step forward and when the bat got into range he punched it with all his might in the face. 

"Die..

*Bam*

"Skre...

The sound of bones cracking was heard and the bat hit the ground heavily. Blood was flowing from it's smashed skull and it was definitely dead.

"Skreee....

"Aaaghh, this f*cking noise again. I'll kill you!"

Jack raised his hand and in less than a second a blood arrow formed before him . He aimed carefully and launched it at the other bat who was attacking with sound waves. The blood arror pierced him clean through and brought an end to the battle.

"Where did these bats come from...ugh. My ears are still ringing from the screech.  "

He was still a little disoriented from the noise, but that didn't matter anymore as he looked at the dissolving carcasses of the batts in anger while tending to his ears.

"These sneaky like shits were clearly ambushing me. One distracted me while the other sneak attacked from the back. It's the oldest trick on the book. Also, I really need to equip myself fully before I enter a dungeon."

*Ping*

'Ah, let's see what the hell are you  before doing anything else.'

[Encountered 'Sonic Bat ' ....

.......

Encountered ' Vampire Bat"....

You:

- 2 HP

-3 HP

Received debuff 'Dissoriented'...

Movement speed -50% for one second...

.....

Killed 'Vampire Bat'...

Gained:

15 XP

4 Gold

Blood Pill

Killed 'Sonic Bat'

Gained:

15 XP

5 Gold...]

"So that's what you are!"

5