Chapter 1
1.4k 8 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey sis. Do you think I can become an adventurer when I'm older?"

"No. Absolutely not. You're never leaving me alone. I'd be lost without you."

"But sis..."

"End of discussion. Even if you do leave me. I will find you and bring you back, no matter what and you'll be never leaving ever again. Understand?"

"..."

"Under...stand!?"

"... okay, sis"


"Ugh... Out of all the things to remember why that... It makes me feel guilty... *Sigh*."

Name: Elwin Lionheart
Race: Hyur [Midlander]
Job: Gladiator/Paladin

"You alright lad? Bad dream?"

"Huh!? Ah, no. Just unpleasant memories from my childhood. How long till we arrive in Ul'dah?"

"Not long now, You can see it off the in distance over"

He points straight ahead of in the distance.

"Ah, thanks. I'd like to thank you again for letting me join you on this trip to Ul'dah."

"Aye, It's fine lad. You helped me big time back in Gridania with all those crates and boxes. To me, you've earned it"

I nod at him and start thinking to myself privately. Thinking if my sister is okay. Honestly I know she's probably on a rampage right now searching for me. I just hope she doesn't make any harsh decisions or anything.

"Oi, lad"

I jump a little, knocking me out of thought. 

"Huh!?"

"So what's ya plan when we arrive at Ul'dah?"

"Errr... Not much, probably just head to the adventurers' guild and then rent a room at the inn and call it day"

"Planning on becoming an adventurer, are ya?"

"Yeah, been a dream of mine. Honestly, I don't know how it became a dream of mine."

"It's always good to have a dream. It's what keeps us moving forward."

"Yeah, that's true."


An hour later.

"Well, lad. Here we are."

I snap to attention whilst we enter Ul'dah.

"Huh!? Pretty big place."

Suddenly the carriage comes to a halt.

"Well lad. This is where we part ways."

I climb down from the carriage.

"Would you happen to know where the adventurers' guild is, by any chance?"

"Aye, it's just straight ahead. can't miss it. Well, I better get these goods delivered. Best of luck lad and stay safe. Also a friendly would of advice, be careful who you trust here in Ul'dah. Unfortunately it's not all sunshine and rainbows over here. Anyway take care!"

"You take care too and thanks again for the trip"

I get him a friendly smile. He nods in return and sets off to finish his errand.

"So... straight ahead? Oh I think I see it from here"

Wasting no time, I set out for the adventurers' guild. Suddenly my little journey is brought to a halt by some shouting coming from a near by alley.

"Oi, ya little brat. You trying to steal my gil?"

I see a highlander towering over a knocked down miqo'te.

"So, bumping into me so you can steal my gil, are ya?"

"Umm.. n.no, absolutely not. Y..y.you bumped into me"

"Watch your tongue, brat. You calling me a bloody liar, EHH!?"

The highlander raises a fist to the girl

"N..n.no...someone help..."

You could barely hear the girl try for help. Seems she's someone who doesn't really shout? Well I heard it so... I got an idea. I walk up slowly and quietly to the highlander and drop a gil behind me. Then I proceed to tap him on the shoulder to gain his attention. The miqo'te stares at me stared and I give her a little wink.

"HUUH!? Who the hell are you!?"

"Oh, don't mind me sir. I don't plan on getting in your way. I just came to tell you you dropped some gil. You wouldn't want to forget it after...err... this."

"Hmm... thanks I suppose. Now get outta here!"

He begins to bend down to pick it up. The miqo'te looks at me puzzled. I give her another wink and then gave her a soft smile. As the highlander's hand touches the gil. I grab his head with both my hands and give him a swift but hard knee to his face.

"GAH!?"

The highlander falls back onto the ground, covering his face. Seems that did the trick.

"AHH, you little shite"

"Oh!? Would you like some more? I'd suggest you leave... now"

"Grr... FINE!! Don't think this is over!"

The highlander stumbles back up from the floor and begins to retreat. After watching him disappear, I turn my attention to the miqo'te. After getting a better look, it turns out the miqo'te is a she. As I look at her I notice her staring a bit too much and growing slightly red in the cheeks. What is slight more disturbing is that she hasn't blinked much. It's like she doesn't want to miss a single movement I make. I shake my head out of thought and extend my arm out to her.

"Hey, you okay?"

She's shakes her head, knocking her out of thought.

"Umm..errr... S..s.sorry for causing you trouble"

She hesitantly grabs my extended hand and then I pull her up... but with maybe a bit too much power. She tumbles forward and she lands on my chest. Luckily I didn't lose my balance, otherwise we'd both of tumbled over. I look down to see her looking at me straight back. A deep red blush emerges from her cheeks. Quickly she steps back and pats herself down, getting rid of any dirt from her clothes."

"Umm.. Thanks you for s.saving me."

"Oh, it's no trouble. Happy to help. Are you harmed in anyway?"

"N..no, I'm fine, thank you. May I ask you name?

"Huh!? Oh, sure. I'm Elwin Lionheart. I just recently arrived in Ul'dah and I was just on my way to adventurers' guild when I happen to see this... situation."

"Elwin.. elwin...el... I'll be sure to remember that. My name is Resha Yadfira. 

Name: Resha Yadfira
Race: Miqo'te [Keepers of the Moon]
Job: Conjurer/White mage

After introductions I start to notice that the sun is beginning to set.

"Sorry to cut this short, but I'd better get moving."

"Huh!? Umm... O..o.okay. I got to go too. I'll see you soon. G.goodbye"

"Okay... Well goodbye."

After exchanging goodbyes, we start walking in the opposite direction to one another. I really hope we see each other again, it'd be good to make a friend or two, especially for any quests...

"... Wait!?"

"What did she mean by soon...?"

  

Interested in more? [Multiple choices]
  • Yes Votes: 58 81.7%
  • No Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Focus on your other story x.x Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Focus on this one x.x Votes: 25 35.2%
Total voters: 71
23