8: Stat Growth Multiplier
3.7k 13 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ben was back in his dorm laughing like a crazy person. 800 points! He earned 800 points just from getting rejected! If it allowed him to live, he didn't mind getting rejected a thousand times!

Back at the mall, Beluga had commended Ben's efforts and they agreed to meet again next weekend. Antonio also said he would come. Still, time was running out for Ben to complete his system's death mission. Before meeting them, he needed to make the most of every day. He checked his completion status for his weekly challenge to open 100 women.

[Completion status: 15/100]

'Still a long way to go. I can raise that myself during the week though. First things first, I should use these points.' Ben opened the store and saw that like before, only the Low Level Mystery Box was available for 500. He didn't have a choice so he bought one.

A red box appeared in front of him. Without hesitation, he opened it, illuminating the room. When the light dissipated, a flat card was lying in Ben's lap. He picked it up.

[Low Level Stat Growth Multiplier(Consumable, Fine, Looks) x1]

"What's this do?"

[The Low Level Stat Growth Multiplier can be activated to provide a growth boost in a particular stat for one week. During that period, activities that develop that stat will provide 10x the results. The item will also increase the user's motivation to perform those activities, as well as efficiency and recovery while doing so. This item is locked to the Looks stat]

"Amazing! So if I take a class or train in some activity, I'll get 10 weeks of results in only 1!" Then he realized something more amazing. "Low level? So higher levels would have even bigger boosts?!?" Ben gasped. His mind raced in excitement.

'Ok, that's too far off in the future. I need to survive this month first!' Taking a closer glance at the item's description, he considered what activities he could do to develop his looks. As he looked down at his chubby gut, the best answer was obvious. This was his a heaven-sent opportunity to improve his body! Ben couldn't wait any longer and activated the Low Level Stat Growth Multiplier.

At that moment, a wave of motivation hit him. It was like he had a strong itch to work out or improve his appearance somehow. He felt bad sitting there not doing anything! Ben was also impatient to see what results the 10x multiplier would give. So he changed into casual wear and headed to the university gym that was free for students.

When Ben was in high school, his parents tried to motivate him to get in shape many times but it never stuck. When he played sports in school, he would get bullied so he avoided them. Working out and dieting were too difficult.

If his parents asked him to diet? The idea's nice, but he was hungry! Did they want him to starve?!?

They wanted him to lift weights? Easier said than done. That sh*t is heavy!

As Ben walked into the gym, his feelings differed completely from the last time. He used to have a strong sense that he didn't belong. Now? The powerful motivation from the Stat Growth Multiplier overwhelmed him! He needed to make gains! He felt like a gym addict!

Ben learned how to access the facilities and use the gym lockers. Then he entered the weight room. He didn't know much about working out, but using cardio and weightlifting machines wasn't too complicated. His parents had paid for a personal trainer for him once who had taught him a basic program. Ben still remembered it. So he hit the machines and broke a sweat. His current training intensity was unimaginable for the old him. Get results! Push harder! Faster!

An hour later, Ben was covered in sweat and out of breath. He wanted to work out more, but his body wasn't in good enough shape to handle it. His plan was to increase his training load as the week progressed. Right now, he had to rest and recover. As Ben walked out of the gym, he ran into an acquaintance. He frowned as he watched Tyler enter with several friends.

"Is that Burrito King?" Tyler and his group laughed.

Ben frowned but knew it was a waste of time talking to bullies, so he tried to walk past them.

Tyler moved to block his path. "You must've mistaken this place for the cafeteria. You're in the wrong spot. This is the gym. It's not a place for couch potato wastes like you!" Tyler and his friends laughed.

Ben snorted. Tyler was one to talk. Ben was fat but Tyler wasn't skinny either. Although he seemed popular and was better looking than Ben, he wasn't an athlete himself. Ben thought about his Stat Growth Multiplier and decided to teach this guy a lesson. "Is that right? So you're saying I'm wasting my time here?"

Tyler looked at him, chuckling. "Uh, yeah! That's exactly it."

Ben smirked. "Tell you what…How about we make a bet?"

Tyler was silent. He wasn't sure where Ben was going with this.

Ben explained. "One week from now, whichever one of us is in worse shape...has to call the other daddy for a year!"

Tyler looked at his friends and they all broke out into mad laughter!

"Is he serious?!?"

"This fat-ass worked out one day and thinks he'll be an athlete?!?"

"I can't! HAHAA!"

Ben was too fat! Even if he lost 10 lbs, he would still be chubbier than Tyler! He could start pumping steroids and run a marathon right now, and he still wouldn't win that bet in one week! Even liposuction wouldn't work! What was he expecting to achieve in such a short time?

"Ok, I like that idea. You're on Burrito King!" Tyler agreed, snickering at Ben's ridiculous proposal. It would be a good chance to embarrass him later.

Ben smiled and walked past them to leave. 'I'm looking forward to adopting a cute new foster son.'

As Ben left, he thought about his next Mystery Box. He hoped it would have an item that worked on milfs so he could meet Tyler's mom and become his official stepdad.

From bottom to the top. This is the beginning of Ben's rise.

74