29: Points-digger
2.6k 5 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Don't get friend-zoned. Don't get friend-zoned. Don't get friend-zoned.' Ben repeated the mantra in his head as he listened to Annabelle speak.

It was time to build comfort, but Beluga told him the attraction needed to be high enough. Her current attraction level was interested. He hoped that was sufficient. The reason he spent so long chatting before was to build the attraction. Of course, he also guessed he could continue building attraction along with comfort, but this was his first time doing it so he wasn't sure.

"What do you do for fun besides draw?" Whenever Annabelle stopped talking, Ben asked her something else to get to know her.

"Where do you study?"

"Are you from New York?"

"What places do you like in the city?"

Their conversation continued like this for a while. Whenever she answered him, he followed up with more questions on some detail in her answer. Then he'd drink his coffee while she talked.

While Ben gazed deep into her eyes, Annabelle thought, 'Feels like I can tell him anything. He's such a good listener!'

As she told him about her passion for travel, Ben nodded and wondered, 'Is the new season of Lucifer out yet?'

It wasn't his fault! Building comfort took too long! It was impossible for anyone to maintain concentration listening that long without drifting off. While he could raise attraction within a few minutes or even seconds, her comfort level only increased after 45 minutes!

That was almost a full episode of Breaking Bad!

[Target's current comfort level: acquaintance]

'It took longer to become her acquaintance than for Walter White to become a meth cook!'

It felt like an endurance trial, but at least Ben had something to show for it.

[Congratulations! You've unlocked the Achievement: Desperate Orbiter(common) - Make yourself an acquaintance to one woman]

[Distributing reward: PUA Points + 100]

He didn't have time to celebrate the points because he discovered a problem—he was getting tired! He must've been crashing from too much coffee. Reminding himself to order tea in the future, Ben had to end it here, or he'd yawn during the story of her volunteer work.

The next move wasn't difficult and he got her number. "Give me your number. I'd like to take you out sometime." This kind of confident, assertive line wasn't something Ben could've said without stuttering a week ago. His higher communication and charisma, as well as his greater experience helped him say it in a seamless manner.

The reason Ben said it like this was Beluga mentioned it was better to make his intentions known. This way, he would spend less time beating around the bush. Most women also preferred men that didn't hide their desires and were direct. Though that only went for attractive men.

Have the same come from someone ugly and a woman won't call him confident. She'll call him a stalker!

Of course, Beluga also mentioned that even without being direct, there existed many ways to maneuver one's way into a woman's bed through the "power of friendship." As a scholar, Ben was also interested in these…

For research purposes of course…just to preserve knowledge…really…

Although he didn't show it, it surprised Ben when Annabelle gave him her number without a second thought. It was much easier this time than all the numbers he got before. He assumed it was due to the higher comfort. That made logical sense; Someone wouldn't give a second thought to giving a number to someone close to them, but with a stranger, they'd at least hesitate.

Out of nowhere, a system alert for stats interrupted Ben's thoughts. His face became serious as he got up, said a quick goodbye to Annabelle, and walked out. Talking to her was great. He'd love to get to know her more, but would she give him stat points? No! Ben was a points-digger and he wasn't ashamed of it!

On his way out, he took a last glance at Annabelle. 'Love isn't enough in this day and age…Daddy likes the fancy things in life.'

The system was Ben's sugar mommy. Annabelle would need to step up her points game if she wanted some of that booty…

'Love was invented by people poor in points…' With a cold face, Ben walked out the door, hardening his soul to survive in this cruel material world.

Ben looked at his changed stat.

[Seduction skills: 2 - Drunk fatties are not completely immune to your abilities]

'…I know baby steps are necessary, but is this supposed to be positive reinforcement?!?' If Ben wasn't certain the stat was a 1 before, he wouldn't be sure if it improved considering this description... 'Forget it. Haters gonna hate.'

A stat point was still a stat point. His hard work paid off! Ben waited for Beluga and Antonio to finish their interactions before saying goodbye to them. He felt dead tired and needed to go home to take a nap.

There was another reason Ben desired to go back. When he checked his stats, something besides the seduction skills boost caught his attention—850 points! It was enough for another Mystery Box!

'No fruits. No fruits. No fruits.' A new mantra for a new occasion.

61