Apologies for being distracted, here’s my distraction as an apology.
1.1k 12 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Been somewhat distracted lately. I have been getting more work and have school stuff to take care of, but it would be dishonest to accredit that as the reason I haven't gotten a chapter out this week. I ought to still have had enough time, but the thing that really got in the way was my discovery of a very binge worthy series. As an apology for missing the chapter last week, how about I just share the thing that's been distracting me so you all have plenty to keep you occupied and won't have to stress about the lack of mine.

What I have been reading is another transplant from Royal Road that just started transferring over here this year. It's called Azarinth Healer, and I have to say it is definitely the #1 best liteRPG (game-like system) webnovel I have ever read. (That is if I count He Who Fights With Monsters as a cultivation world novel. If we were to count it as a liteRPG instead, then it would be an impossible call between the two.)

It keeps the how she got to this world and why the game system exists completely without any explanation, clearly considering it unimportant and contributing nothing to the story's intrigue, and it is an excellent call in my opinion. Instead, it focuses on some characterization that is easily on par with what you have come to love here in Sister of a Goddess, as well as a very good look at the way people would realistically react and build a culture around a world in which a game-like system exists. Most of all though, the threat and the testing of the MC's character are very very real, and I am really loving how her character grows from a naive idealist into a hardened veteran who still has just a glimmer of that old idealism, although very jaded.

I definitely recommend checking it out, if only to have something to do until I finish binging and can get to giving you another chapter in this.

LINK: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/86368/azarinth-healer/

13