Special Intermission : Introducing a fellow author
3.4k 18 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have decided to start something new that I think should improve the community here on Scribble Hub a lot if this catches on and more authors start doing this as well. At the end of every book, I will be giving a plug for another series that I truly enjoyed, but I do not think is gaining the attention it deserves. All of these are likely to be on my reading list, so you can find a lot of them there.

 

You may notice this is not the end of the book, this is the end of act 1 of book 2. Well, I did not post one for book 1, so we will just call this one a late update of book 1’s plug.

 

Anyway, my story for today is called Tree of Aeons. This is a series that I think would be rated MUCH more highly and be making regular appearances on the top trending list if the artist would just put a freaking cover art up for it. It is very well written and the story is quite compelling and incredibly original.

 

This one starts off like your typical Isekai story. It is a world that has a demon lord problem, so the gods summon some recently dead Earthlings and give them special powers to fight the demon lord. Well, here’s the thing. The gods want teens and young adults to become their heroes. However, our MC dies as a middle aged man who just happened to be on the same bus as the teens who got summoned. So, the gods had him but they didn’t want him. They had to find something to do with him, so they reincarnated him as a tree.

 

Now, as a tree, he became the spirit inhabiting the tree and quickly gained a great deal of power. Turns out, he possesses the ability to retain the hero essences from any other hero who is killed. He accumulates this power, and quickly gains levels in classic lite RPG fashion. However, he’s still a tree and has no ability to be mobile on his own.

 

For a stationary object, he seems to attract a lot of trouble, especially as others discover the power and protections he can give, and soon the other heroes start interacting with him as well. Then, in the more recent chapters, it even gets into some civilization building as well as a Starcraft style tower building RTS kinda feel to it as he gains the ability to make “subsidary trees” which are smaller trees that share his senses.

 

It is an incredibly interesting example of taking an unusual concept and fully committing to it. It is a very good and interesting read. (I might also have to admit to a bit of personal bias because there are some things about the MC that make it so that I can’t help but think of Dryad. Take that one as you may.)

 

Anyway, I enjoyed it, and I would definitely suggest checking it out. (and telling the author to get a freaking cover.)

 

EDIT: It seems the author of Tree of Aeons has gotten a cover since writing this, it seems one of his readers made it for him and donated it. He's now doing very well and is constantly on the top trending list. Glad to see this series finally getting all the attention it deserves. I would like to take some of the credit, maybe 20% of it, but it is certain that the majority of his improved performance is due to 1. The fact he has a cover now, and 2. The increased exposure allowing more people to find this fantastic series.

45