Chapter 23
1.5k 7 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gensokyo - Youkai Mountain

Reimu watched Kasen becoming more and more restless, so she asked her.

"Just what in the world are you talking about?"

Kasen however, just completely ignored her and continued to constantly gaze at the clouds.

"T-This is bad, it's coming here."

Reimu didn't like being treated like an annoyance.

Since... After all, she is the Hakurei Shrine Maiden.

"Like I said, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU-"

"H-Hey!"

"What's that?"

"Something is in the clouds!"

Reimu stopped shouting when she heard the gathered Youkai suddenly making a fuss.

"...what is it now?"

She reluctantly turned to the Youkai and found them pointing towards the same direction that damn Sage was gazing at.

So she looked there too.

"Just wh-...  wait..."

She stopped talking when she found that in the sky something very large was pushing through the clouds.

"is that… an island?..."

After a few moments, the thing finally revealed itself, and she could see that it was a freaking island flying in the sky.

'So after a purple bomb... now a fucking island?' Thought The Hakurei Maiden extremely tired by the ironic development.

"Okay, screw it."

So she didn't even bother to ask the useless Sage, and she just directly took to the sky towards the island.

"WAIT?!! Don't go there! It's... dan… gerous..."

Kasen tried to warn Reimu, but the latter ignored her and even increased her speed.

'Damn it! She's too reckless! That unfamiliar presence that I felt is definitely bad news.' Thought Kasen with a frown.

"..."

The Sage then looked at her bandaged right arm.

'If something happened to her… then who's going to fix my hand?!' she thought as realisation suddenly hit her.

"Tch! I have no choice."

She clicked her tongue in annoyance and immediately followed after Reimu.

"..."

And Aya who was observing those two from the side raised her brow in curiosity.

She was currently crossing her arms while leaning her back against a nearby tree.

"Ayaya, this is going to go viral, isn't it?"

The fastest being in Gensokyo commented to herself as she looked towards the flying island.

She was about to get her camera to follow the two before a voice suddenly answered her question from above the tree.

"It sure is, Aya."

*Drop*

And shortly after, the owner of the voice showed herself as she landed skillfully besides Aya.

"Momiji?"

The newcomer was also another Youkai, she wears a white, long-sleeved shirt, and a large black skirt with red flame-like designs reaching up from the bottom of the skirt, and that has a white layer below her skirt. She has short light silver hair and wears a red tokin.

She also holds in her hands a large scimitar-like sword and a white, round shield with a red maple leaf print on it.

And besides her stunningly beautiful appearance and red eyes is her distinct large fluffy tail and the white wolf ears at the top-side of her head.

Which were the characteristics of another type of the Tengu besides the Crow Tengu.

The White Wolf Tengu

"Hmph"

The newcomer now called Momiji sneered as she turned around to face Aya.

"Ayaya, for you to come see me personally… are you already looking for another beating?"

Aya said the last words with a dangerous glint in her eyes.

In response to her provocation, Momiji maintained her stoic expression as she replied calmly.

"Don't flatter yourself birdy, the only reason I lost last time is because you lied about not using your wings and air to your advantage, thus I was cought unprepared and lost the fight, anyway I most certainly wouldn't waste my time challenging a stupid crow that couldn't even follow through her own words."

Hearing that, Aya cringed internally at the mention of their last battle, she absolutely wouldn't admit that she got carried away that time and thought she could handle her wolf 'friend' without having air superiority only to quickly realise that she would get her ass handed to her and in the end chose to break her promise than to experience pain.

"T-Then, what do you want?"

She asked the strongest White Wolf Tengu with a wry smile on her face.

Momiji didn't waste time butting around the bush and simply said.

"He's here."

*Boom*

As soon as those words left her mouth, a sinister red and black aura exploded dangerously from Aya's body.

"What?!"

"The hell?!"

"Gaahh!"

Her aura produced a strong shockwave that knocked all the nearby Youkai to the ground.

But Momiji remained unfazed as a thin layer of her own white aura enveloped her body and protected her from Aya's aggressive aura.

"Are you sure?"

Aya asked in a low voice that sent shivers through the nearby Youkai who heard her.

However, Momiji simply raised her brow.

"Yes?"

"...where?"

"..."

Momiji silently looked at her old friend for a few good seconds before she closed her eyes and slowly moved her right hand that was holding her sword.

She pointed the tip in a certain direction.

Aya then slowly moved her eyes and looked in that direction.

"..."

It was the flying island.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Gensokyo - The (Flying?) Scarlet Devil Mansion Balcony

"Hey! What else can you do?! Show me!"

"..."

The lady-like attitude that Remilia kept during the first hours of the day is long since gone.

It was completely blown away the moment she saw her entire fucking property flying in the clouds like a fairytale.

Now all that remained is her hidden bratty personality that surprised even Killua who almost ran away when she suddenly jumped at him like a kid who just found the best toy they could ever get in their entire lifetime.

"C'mon!! Show me! Show me! Show me! Show me! Show meeeeeeee!!"

"I get it, just...Ugh! stop it! Get down from me first..."

*Jump*

Remilia then jumped from Killua's back and patiently waited with sparkling eyes besides Flandre who had the same kind of look in her eyes too.

"..."

Killua again silently fixed his tuxedo that was a mess from Remilia's clutching before he turned to look at Meiling and Sakuya for an explanation.

His eyes were basically saying : "Didn't she change a little too damn fast?"

"Hmph."

"*Ahem*…"

Sakuya just averted her eyes while Meiling coughed awkwardly.

'Seriously?...' he thought.

The image that he had in his mind about Remilia got utterly shattered to pieces.

He could've swear that she was just acting if it wasn't for the achievement that he got from the system.

So there is no doubt that her… bratty attitude is genuine.

He then turned to look back at the duo loli.

"..."

*Sparkle* *Sparkle*

Now he can't even tell them apart… the only thing that is different is their colors and the wings…

He scratched his head in confusion before he said.

"I can do many things but… what do you want to-"

"Something cool!"

"Something interesting!!"

They answered him back before he even finished asking.

"Cool and interesting? Hmm, Let's see..."

Killua then thought for a moment before he remembered something.

"Then... how about... I show you my true form?"

The moment those words left his mouth…

"..."

"..."

"..."

silence was all that followed.

"...t-true f-fo...f-form? *Gulp*"

Meiling was the first one to react, although all the colors were drained from her face.

"..."

Sakuya just frowned as she gave Killua a skeptical gaze.

'Se he wasn't a human after all…' she thought.

"True form?

Even Remilia was a little taken aback.

But Flandre was the only one that wasn't affected at all as she has an extremely curious expression on her face.

"Woah! Killua is that tru-"

"What the hell?! Aren't you the lot from the scarl-... wait… isn't this your damn mansion?!"

Flandre was talking excitedly to Killua before she got interrupted by a new voice that sounded from above.

And as everyone looked up…

"What? Isn't she..."

"The Hakurei Shrine Maiden?"

"So it was you? You have quite the peculiar Ki."

Remarked Killua as he recognized the one that was flying in the sky not far from them, it was the girl from yesterday that dumped Meiling to him.

From his perspective, he could see how the entire Ki in Gensokyo was reacting to her presence.

She was like a black hole constantly absorbing all the Ki in the area and then releasing some kind of energy that he didn't recognize.

"..."

'Also, Remilia said The Hakurei Shrine Maiden… Hmm… Hakurei… Hakurei… is she somehow related to The Great Hakurei Barrier surrounding Gensokyo?'

Thought Killua as he became quite interested in the obviously annoyed looking Reimu.

And Reimu herself didn't expect to find the Scarlet Devil Mansion on top of the flying island.

"What the hell?..."

She said uncertainty before someone placed a hand on her shoulder.

As she turned around, she found out that it was the Sage of Gensokyo from before.

"You reckless brat!"

"Wha-... B-Brat?!!"

Kasen shouted at Reimu's face as soon as she arrived before she began carefully examining the individuales below.

She scanned everyone on the balcony with her cold eyes.

"I told you to-"

However, the moment her eyes landed on Killua…

*Shudder*

Her whole body shuddered visibly for some reason.

She also immediately released Reimu and grabbed her bandaged right hand.

She held it in a way as if the world would end if she ever let it go.

"?"

Killua obviously catching that and her frightened expression raised a brow in curiosity, then he asked her.

"What's wrong? Acting like you saw a ghost or something… that's rude, you know?"

Kasen has an extremely surprised expression on her face as she looks at Killua directly in the eyes.

"..."

"What?"

He said.

To which, she didn't answer again and just hesitantly looked at the area behind him.

And the moment her eyes saw the number of souls on his back…

*Tremble* *Tremble*

Her whole being started trembling and her scared expression turned into extreme horror instead.

Even Reimu was surprised by the sudden change in the cocky Sage of Gensokyo.

Kasen though, had only one thought in her mind.

'T-To have such a r-ridiculous number… J-Just how many lives did he take?'

She then took a step back in fear.

'N-No… j-just how many d-dimensions did he annihilate?!!'

------------------------------------------------------------------

Gensokyo - The (Flying?) Scarlet Devil Mansion Garden

-=  MC's Point of View =-

'Hmm, does she feel something?'

I thought as I looked at the girl standing behind the Hakurei Shrine Maiden.

Ever since she appeared she kept glaring daggers at me and never turned her partially scared and mostly cautious eyes away from me.

Although because of the achievement, I at least know her nickname of sorts, and that was : The One-Armed, Horned Hermit.

'From the bandages, I can see how The One-Armed came to be, but... Horned Hermit? That's kinda weird.'

"..."

Anyways, currently we are seated around a round table in the garden.

At one side was me in the middle, Flandre to my left, Remilia to my right then with Sakuya and Meiling standing right behind us and at the other side was Reimu and the mysterious girl standing behind her.

It's been like this for like five minutes now and no one said a word.

As I looked around the members to escape the tense atmosphere in the table, I found Flandre minding her own business as she just kept her sparkling eyes in the Youkai Mountain and the various nature and wildlife in Gensokyo as we travelled through the sky.

And seeing her excited expression as she practically didn't have a care in the world, I couldn't help but once again reach out to her and pat her head.

'It was worth the effort using Telekinesis on the entire estate.'

I thought as I kept using my mind power to control the gravity of the entire mass of land.

It was terrifying that my brain alone could pull off something like this... and without even using Ki or whatsoever.

"So then, what brings the Hakurei Shrine Maiden to our humble mansion?"

I was brought out of my thoughts when Remilia finally broke the silence as she turned on her noble lady mode.

Although, she couldn't prevent the smug smile from appearing on her face.

Reimu in response immediately snapped at her words.

"Humble?! You call this humble?!"

She shouted as she pointed towards the Youkai Mountain and then the nearby clouds.

"Ara~? What are you talking about?" *Smirk*

*Slam* *Crash*

"Y-You!! Stop messing with me vampire! You know very well what I'm talking about!"

'Whoa… scary…'

I thought a little surprised as I watched the fuming girl that literally broke the table to pieces.

'...wait…a vampire?'

I turned around slowly just in time to see Remilia comically jumping behind me and clutching my right hand.

"Kyaa! Killua, please save me! She's a bully!"

'Eh?....'

Suddenly, I can feel multiple glares on me.

I gave a wry smile as I turned to look at Remilia's face.

Her face had a scared expression that would put a professional actor to shame, but her eyes were frighteningly sharp and were basically telling me : "Take responsibility and clear your mess."

'You sly vixen…'

It seems I got blamed for what's happening, well technically I am but still…

*Sigh*

'Well, let's just try to be nice for now and see what's going to happen.'

As I thought that with a sigh, I ignored the squishy feeling on my arm and the killing intent Flandre was sending my way then smiled towards Reimu.

"Hi, we meet again."

I greeted her in a polite manner.

And upon hearing me, I noticed the mysterious girl widened her eyes in surprise as she quickly turned to look at Reimu.

Reimu however didn't so much as change her expression before she blurted to my face.

"Haa?! Who the hell are you brat? Wearing such weird and cringy clothing, are you a pervert?"

"Pfft! Haha-......" *Hmph*

The maid suddenly burst out laughing before she noticed her mistake and immediately composed herself with that damn poker face of hers.

"..."

A tick mark appeared on my head as I used every fiber of my will power to not tear these two females into fucking particles.

Even Remilia released my hand and I can feel Meiling shaking and some occasional snickering in the background.

'Fuuuuuuuu… calm down me, it's no big deal after all.'

I thought as I took a deep breath before saying to the rude girl.

"We met yesterday at the… well never mind that, so what do you want… err, of course you're here because of the flying mansion… okay look, it's not like I'm gonna drop it or anything, we're just sightseeing around Gensokyo for a bit and after a few hours I'll return it back to the misty lake, so you don't have to worry about anything, alright? Just pretend like you saw nothing and ignore us then everything will be good, okay? Otherwise I'll BEAT your ass, you know? Great, then this talk is over." *Stands up*

"K-Killua?"

"Oh, and this is called a Tuxedo, an ORIGINAL Connan Tuxedo you ignorant STUPID prickle."

After quickly saying that and without waiting for her response, I just directly stood up then picked a confused and flustered Flandre before walking away while patting her along the way.

And after walking for a few solid meters I turned around and found them all still blocked trying to process what I have just said.

'That was pretty clean, good job me.' *Smirk*

And with that thought in mind, I turned back and continued walking away while patting now possibly a legal loli vampire in my arms.

And if that turned out to be true… then from now on she is ABSOLUTELY fucking definetly MINE.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys Author here, long time no see.

Well you see, I really underestimated the game dev industry.

Like... if you just want to creat a game, then you could probably do so in a day.

BUT, if you want to create a great and fun game, then the time you will need will increase exponentially.

Especially an open world game like the one i'm trying to develop.

However, I at least finished all the hard parts and now I just need to create multiple maps and various enemies then I can publish the game.

Which will probably take more time considering the arts, sounds and stuff.

For the main music though, I think I'll just use one that I created some 8 months ago. (If you are interested, search 'Manami Sou - Perfection

' in Youtube)

Be the way, this game is for Android, so it will be available in Play Store when I publish it and for free of course.

I'm confident you'll like it, because I added all the stuff I talked about before :] (Hint: Time Stop and etc...)

I might also upload a small playthrough in my channel in the near future, but not now.

Since... we can't have things revealed, now can we?

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter? I think I might write another one as a componsation for the delay.

66