Chapter 29
1.7k 9 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Japan - Kyoto City

-= MC's Point of View =-

'So this is what they call the sixth sense?'

I thought as I slowly walked in the night street of the city.

Every human, cat, dog or really any creature that locked eyes with me either immediately shivered in place or just tried to stay as far away from me as possible.

I guess if the anatomy, biology and soul's difference is so drastically wide, the body will somehow realize something is wrong and will instinctively switch to protective mode.

'Umu, I have to thoroughly research some of them sometime in the future.'

That would prove useful when dealing with humans and other earthling creatures.

After all I can't have everyone and everything scared shitless just by being close to me, that would really sucks and most importantly would really be boring....

'Hmm, then I would need some kind of base of operation or something.'

I then remembered that I have a massive collection of planets in my inventory.

Most of them are just gas giants or ice giants that I intend to use primarily for resources.

But it's not like I don't have any rocky planets or something, it's just that only a few of them actually have an atmosphere and gravity close to that of the earth.

And even then they still need some work before any living thing from earth can actually live there.

I also have to architect a stable solar system that will create a daily cycle of some kind and won't collapse for at least a few million years.

"..."

'Forget it... I'm too lazy to deal with any of that, let's just build something on this shity planet and make do with it... for now at least.'

After thinking about where to build my base, a good idea suddenly came to my mind.

And as soon as I made a plan in my head I immediately started running in a random direction.

I was running extremely close to the ground as my upper body was only a few centimeters away from touching it.

I dodged everything in my way, be it cars, people, trees and everything.

While making sure not to exceed a certain speed so as to not melt everything around me but still fast enough that absolutely no one and nothing could see me.

Then instantly a skyscraper was in my way so I started running upward on its walls.

My body controle level was so terrifying that I didn't even crack a single window when I stepped on it.

I also didn't use any Ki while running up the skyscraper, but only with absurd timing and absolute precision to take advantage of the small forces generated from the frictions to push myself upward.

The concept is somewhat similar to how a lizard can run on top of the water but much more complex and impossible to achieve without instantaneous movements and super robotic precision.

And soon enough, I reached the top in less than a fraction of a second.

"This is fun."' *Smirk*

I used my right hand to catch the edge of the roof and thrust myself to the night sky as I maneuvered in the air so that I was facing the whole city while back pushed through the clouds.

"Hah, not bad at all."

I enjoyed the view as I remembered all the crazy things I did back in the vast void of the universe.

Playing bowling with meteors and planets was especially hilarious.

I noticed that the momentum ended and I was falling back down, so I tightly flexed my knees together and then using almost a quarter of my full physical strength I kicked the air.

*BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM*

Sure enough, the shockwave of my air jump blew all the clouds in the whole country and suddenly I found myself facing the ocean instead.

I used my limbs to take advantage of the aerodynamics to position myself so that I was vertical to the ocean.

After that I opened one of my hands and used my palm to push the air in front me.

My calculation was perfect as the strength of the push was equal to the momentum that was pushing me forward.

"Neat."

I said as the momentum was canceled and now the gravity started pushing me down instead.

*Splash*

Because of my weight and vertical position, I quickly reached the surface of the water and started a straight dive to the depths of the ocean.

I was not troubled since my clothes have the Anti-Wet enchantment and were constantly coated with my Ki.

After a while only darkness could be seen as no light could reach this level.

But that was no problem as my alien eyes could now see even the souls so this was truly trivial and I could clearly see everything around me.

"..."

I then crossed my hands and waited patiently until I reached the nearest seabed.

'Hmm, I think that massive base I built that one time in Minecraft would do the trick, although it was with creative mode activated...'

I spent hours designing a ridiculously complex draft in my head, while using a base as a model I once built in the game Minecraft I played back when I was still a human.

'...alright, that last part seems doable, hmm?'

Conveniently, as soon as I finished the draft of the base, I could finally see the seabed below.

And just before I reached it, I finally used Ki as I turned myself so that my head was facing down and accelerated my descent exponentially.

*Tsu*

I broke through the seabed like butter without losing my momentum and still crossing my hands.

*Grind* *Crack* *Crack*

I then continued drilling through the mantle of the planet extremely fast without even blinking until I reached the outer core of the earth.

*Plop*

The fluid layer was composed mostly of iron and nickel and was only about 4,230 °C, so it was nothing as I just kept going even deeper.

And after diving for about 2,400 kilometres in the lava I suddenly crashed through the earth's inner core.

It was several times tougher than the mantle but it was still nothing as it didn't even manage to slow me down and the temperature was only 5,430 °C.

Frankly, It was truly laughable as it was just about the temperature at the surface of the Sun.

And compared to the temperature of even the smallest stars in my inventory...

It was really cute.

'300… 700… 1,000… 1,200…'

After traveling exactly 1,220 kilometres I stopped in my place.

'Since the earth's inner core has a radius of about 1,220 km… I should now be in the absolute center of the planet.'

I thought as I finally uncrossed my hands and conjured a small ball of Hakai energy in my right hand.

"Hmm alright let's make some space for my base."

*Doooooooooom*

As soon as I said that, the dark purple of Hakai energy instantly expanded in size and obliterated everything in a radius of 120 kilometres from me.

*Tsu*

Then immediately after that I brought out a huge white hollow sphere from the inventory.

It was something I bought from the system while travelling the lava.

It has the same mass and radius as the chunk of the inner core I just destroyed.

"Perfect."

The sphere is 20 km thick, so now I have a 100 km in radius void that I can build my ultimate base in.

*Smirk*

I then activated the 'Speed deity' and took maaaaaay beauty time building the damn base-ish~


-= Bunbunmaru Newspaper - Violet Rainbow on the Sky and Angel Wings on the Ground =-

It has already been half a day since Gensokyo was covered in scarlet mist.

This incident, which has not been resolved at all, can be described as the large-scale variety that only happens once every couple of years.

I decided it was time to approach this conundrum from a different angle in hopes of finding a lead.

As you may know, Gensokyo is currently blanketed under an unusually thick mist that even blocks out sunlight at times.

Since this mist has a slight scarlet tint, it is colloquially known as the Scarlet Mist Incident.

Because of this extremely thick mist, nothing is visible from ground level.

So, us tengu made use of our natural abilities and observed the mist from a super-high altitude. The photo accompanying this article shows the viewpoint from above.

As a result, we were able to establish that the scarlet mist dispersal is highly irregular as its density is not uniform.

The parts with the heaviest concentration have completely blocked out light.

It was impossible to see the ground below those areas.

However, the most mysterious fact about this mist is that there seems to be a pattern formed by the density variation...

There were several contours of thick mist that seemed to generate from a single point, forming a pattern that closely resembled angel wings.

The origin point seemed to be near the lake at the foot of the mountain, but it is difficult to tell because the view to ground level is hindered.

Furthermore, aside from these wings, I noticed a bright light coming from somewhere in the sky.

When viewed from the air, the light would form a violet ring similar to that of a rainbow.

I was unable to tell what the light was, but around here, many just call it a rare mysterious phenomenon.

We, the Tengu, have sent specialised personnel to locate its location so it is only a matter of time before we find it's origin.

Back to the angel wings, though no one is able to guess what the strange pattern that would have never been seen from the ground, they must be hints to the identity of whomever is responsible for this incident.

The sunless summer continues.

There are surely feelings of dissatisfaction towards this chilling mist that envelops Gensokyo, but flight-capable youkai are encouraged to enjoy the spectacle from the sky.


Gensokyo - The Scarlet Devil Mansion Tearoom

-=  Remilia Scarlet's Point of View =-

"Why are you showing me this old newspaper?"

After finishing reading the newspaper, Sakuya took it from my hands and returned it to the Tengu who brought it to me.

It was the same Tengu that was wasted by that strange male some time ago.

I think she introduced herself as Aya Shameimaru.

She was standing near the other side of the table.

"I wanted to know if there was any meaning behind those hints."

She said with a wide smile on her face.

Looking at her now, she seems completely fine.

The hit she took that day wouldn't do anything to me or Flandre, but it would still be deadly for the fragile Crow Tengu.

"The pattern in the mist? The scarlet wings? I know nothing about them. Actually, I'm surprised you know it was I who released the mist."

"It would be strange for me 'not to know'. Immediately after the Scarlet Mist Incident, Marisa started coming to your mansion often, and you would also make frequent visits to the Hakurei Shrine."

"It's true that I was the one that released the mist, but I didn't create any sort of pattern with it."

"...So you're saying there was no meaning behind it? Even though the pattern is so obvious?"

"That's what I just said. I don't know anything about what caused it, either. It's probably an unknown natural phenomenon or something."

"Okay let me write that… done, now let's get back to the subject of the mist."

"The mist was simply a high density of fine particles... just like real mist."

"If that's so, why would the mist be scarlet?"

"My mist is more similar to minuscule jewels than water droplets, that's why all light reflected within turned scarlet."

"Oh."

At that moment a new voice suddenly joined us.

"Remi's mist is closer to high-density jewels than regular water droplets, so it bends light more than water droplets can. That's why Remi's is called "witching mist". As the wavelength of the refracted light drops past scarlet, it becomes completely diffused and most of the light is absorbed by the mist. That's why only the straightest scarlet waves remain and the mist appears to be scarlet-colored."

It was Patchouli.

"That's right. It's just like I said. Oh, how unusual to see you out of the library. Is it your tea time already?"

"Sakuya said that we have an unusual visitor, so I came to look."

She answered with her usual bland tone as she sat on a chair beside me, with her assistant Koakuma standing closely behind her.

And Sakuya that was beside me then flickered and in the next second she was serving tea to her.

"Oh, pardon the intrusion. I'm just here to do some interviewing as I thought this subject might make good material for an article."

"I see. Apparently, my mist looks like a pair of angel's wings when seen from the skies. Do you know anything about that, Patch?"

"Let me see that newspaper..."

"Here you are."

Aya then gave the newspaper to Patchouli, who started reading it while slowly drinking her tea at the same time.

"An angel, they say. Not that I particularly mind being called that."

I smiled as I remembered a particular word in the newspaper.

"What a strange vampire you are."

"I could say the same for you, 'sturdy' Tengu."

*Flinch*

I smirked as I noticed the wry smile on her face.

Who would have thought that there was actually a Crow Tengu who has the same tenacity as an Oni.

'And that speed she showed against him... I'm afraid she's even faster than me.'

"Haha, I-I'm just a humble Crow Tengu who runs a famous newspaper."

"...is that so?"

"A-Ayaya, what are you talking about?"

At that moment Patchouli put the newspaper down and said.

"There isn't anything unusual about this."

"Ah! So you know what caused this? I'm impressed!"

Aya said as she looked relieved that the subject was changed.

"Umu, They're Remi's fingers."

"Oh, I see now. It must have been the shape of my hands when I released the mist. Something like this?"

I said as I lifted my hands and suddenly the same shape appeared when I released a small amount of the mist from the tip of my fingers.

"Just like that."

"So you release the mist from your fingertips..."

Aya looked almost disappointed before she was immediately alerted when she heard Patchouli speak next.

"By the way, Tengu, I'm much more interested in that violet rainbow."

"Yeah, that's right, I also want to know."

I said as everyone turned to the Crow Tengu who suddenly started sweating as she slowly backed away.

But Sakuya was immediately behind her with a knife in hand.

"Where do you think you're going? My lady asked you a question, answer, NOW."

"Ayaya, stopping the time is cheating..."

Sakuya then pressed the knife dangerously close to her neck.

"F-Fine! I'll SPEAK!!"


Hi guys ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Your comments is the motivation for my creation. Give me more motivation!

47