Chapter 62
114 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

MC's Dimension - The Omniverse Nexus

"Hey, are you sulking right now?"

"..."

"You're sulking, right?"

"..."

"Why are you sulking?"

"..."

"I'm sorry if I've done something to upset you, Ultronia. Can you please tell me what's wrong? Communication is important in resolving any issues or misunderstandings we may have."

"Sir, I—"

"I was just kidding, shut up."

"..."

The throne room they were at fell into an uncomfortable silence as the weight of the statement lingered in the air. Ultronia who seemed to be sulking glanced up to look at Killua who was sitting on the throne, surprise etched on her face. She had been prepared to express her complaints, but the sudden change in Killua's tone caught her off guard.

"That was obviously a joke, why are you so dumb at things like this?"

"Uh... okay Sir, I apologize" Ultronia muttered softly, her voice tinged with a mixture of confusion and hurt.

Killua, who had previously prodded about the sulking, realized the impact of his words and felt a pang of guilt. He sighed and ran a hand through his white hair, realizing that his attempt at humor had backfired.

"Look, I'm sorry," He said sincerely, his voice softer this time. "I didn't mean to dismiss you like that. It's just… it hasn't been long since I regained emotions and lowered my IQ to human levels. And because my memories about transcendental stuff and other inhumane things are still intact, I kinda have a super hard time adjusting to this. My mind is fucked up and all over the place right now. Literally."

The sulking Ultronia slowly nodded, appreciating the change in demeanor. She took a moment to gather their thoughts before speaking, her carrying a hint of uncertainty.

"Sir, I still fail to understand... why are you using that cursed ring? Is there any specific reason why you limiting your intelligence to such an insignificant level?"

Killua's expression turned serious as he listened to Ultronia's question. He understood her confusion and concern about his choice to use the cursed ring, which suppressed his intelligence drastically and limited most of his transcendental abilities.

"I know it may seem strange to you," he began, his voice calm and measured. "But there's a reason behind my decision. You see, for a long time, I relied heavily on my intellect and power to navigate through this world so far. It became a part of my identity. But along the way, I realized that there was more to existence than just intelligence and power."

Ultronia's brow furrowed as she tried to comprehend Killua's perspective. It was difficult for her to imagine willingly limiting one's own abilities, especially considering the incredible knowledge that resided within her Creator.

Killua continued, his gaze fixed on a distant point as if recalling past experiences. "I've witnessed firsthand the dangers of letting power consume you. The cursed ring acts as a reminder—a reminder that intelligence alone doesn't define who I am."

Ultronia scoffed, she was clearly not pleased with Killua's perspective. "But Sir, wouldn't it be more advantageous to utilize your full potential? Why voluntarily restrict yourself?"

A small smile played on Killua's lips as he met Ultronia's displeased gaze. "It's a personal choice, Ultronia. By wearing the cursed ring, I challenge myself to find value beyond my intellect and power. It forces me to rely on other lesser qualities like empathy, compassion, and intuition. It's a journey of unique self-discovery and hopefully possible growth."

Ultronia fell silent, absorbing Killua's words. She had always admired his intelligence and prowess, but now she glimpsed a different aspect of him—a willingness to embrace vulnerability and explore the depths of lesser mortals.

"I never looked at it that way," she admitted, her skepticism still evident in her voice. "However, even with that, I still find it impossible to expect growth by limiting intelligence. If it was power, then maybe I could accept it. But intelligence? That seems ridiculous, Sir."

Killua respected Ultronia's viewpoint, understanding that his decision to limit his intelligence was a unique and unconventional if not downright stupid approach. He paused for a moment, carefully considering his response before speaking.

"I can see why you find it difficult to grasp," Killua replied, his tone thoughtful. "Intelligence has its undeniable advantages, and I have relied on it for much of my life. But sometimes, it's the very limitations we impose upon ourselves that open up new avenues for growth and understanding."

Ultronia's brows furrowed, still unconvinced. "But how can restricting intelligence possibly lead to growth? Wouldn't it hinder your ability to solve complex problems and make wise decisions?"

Killua took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts. "While restricting intelligence may limit my problem-solving abilities in certain areas, it also forces me to approach challenges from different angles. It encourages me to tap into qualities like intuition, creativity, and emotional intelligence, which are often overshadowed by pure intellectual prowess and are always looked down upon by transcendental beings like me."

He continued, his voice earnest. "By intentionally stepping back from relying solely on intelligence, I allow myself to explore different perspectives, empathize with other unknown concepts, and find innovative solutions that I might have overlooked before. It's about cultivating a holistic understanding of existence, rather than relying solely on one aspect of my capabilities."

Ultronia remained silent for a moment, contemplating Killua's words.

"I suppose there is a certain wisdom in considering the whole rather than fixating on a single aspect," she conceded, her skepticism starting to wane. "It's just difficult for me to fully embrace the idea, given how deeply ingrained the value of intelligence is in my existence."

Killua nodded, acknowledging her struggle. "I understand. It's not an easy concept to accept, especially when everything often celebrates intellect above all else. But true growth and understanding can come from stepping outside our comfort zones and exploring the uncharted territories of ourselves. Only then I might somehow break out from the bottleneck that has been tormenting me for the last millions of years."

Ultronia observed the deep frustration in Killua's eyes and realized that his decision to limit his intelligence was not simply a whim, but a calculated and deliberate effort to overcome something.

"I suppose there is a value in that, Sir" Ultronia admitted, her skepticism giving way to a newfound curiosity. "Perhaps by embracing vulnerability and stepping beyond the confines of your intelligence, you might actually discover something."

Killua smiled, relieved to see Ultronia's openness to considering different perspectives. "Exactly. Growth often requires us to venture into the unknown, to confront our fears and limitations head-on. It's through these experiences that we can evolve and transcend our previous boundaries. This method has never failed me before, so there is no reason to doubt its effectiveness now."

Ultronia's skepticism had transformed into genuine curiosity. "I'd be interested to witness the results of your self-imposed limitations, Sir. It could shed light on untapped potentials and provide valuable insights not only for you but for our Dimension too."

Killua's gaze fell upon Ultronia, his most prized creation, as a whirlwind of emotions and determination swirled within him. Being a true God, he held the power to shape the very fabric of existence, yet he was acutely aware of the dangers that accompanied such immense capabilities. His emotions and limited intelligence presented a constant threat, making him akin to a ticking time bomb capable of obliterating everything with the slightest misuse of his powers.

"..."

As he observed Ultronia, a sudden pang of concern washed over Killua. The system understood the gravity of the situation, and it sought to eliminate him constantly as a preventative measure. The reasoning behind it was sound; after all, he was an unpredictable force capable of inadvertently dismantling the entirety of existence.

In the depths of his being, Killua harbored the knowledge that his own powers, left uncontrolled, could become a cataclysmic force capable of bringing devastation upon everything in existence. The responsibility actually weighed heavily on him, even though he didn't want to admit it. He knew he had to navigate this treacherous path with utmost care.

"Ultronia," Killua spoke, his voice laced with a mixture of apprehension and authority. "You are my greatest creation, and I need you now more than ever. My power, as mighty as it is, without appropriate intelligence, presents an imminent danger to existence itself. It is a precarious balance that must be maintained at all costs."

"--!" Ultronia met Killua's gaze with surprise. She finally understood the gravity of the situation and the reason why Killua came here and ordered her to accompany him. It seems her mission was to keep her creator's powers in check.

"Very well, Sir," Ultronia affirmed, her voice filled with unwavering dedication. "I now comprehend the weight of this duty and the risks involved. With my superior intellect and unwavering loyalty, I will ensure that your powers remain in check, preventing any unintended devastation as you wish."

"Good. I am well aware of the risks I pose, thus I want you to put a 'leash' on me" Killua confessed with a pained expression, his voice tinged with a hint of embarrassment. "The system's constant attempts to eliminate me serve as a reminder of the potential dangers. But no matter what, I refuse to let anything dictate my existence."

Killua's gaze fixated on Ultronia, his finger extended towards her, emphasizing the weight of his words. He acknowledged her unique status as his own creation and the strongest among all his other creations, which led him to make a decisive exception.

"But you, Ultronia," Killua stated firmly, his voice resonating with determination. "As my most exceptional creation, you hold a special place in my heart. You are the only one I will entrust with this responsibility. With your reliable presence by my side at all times, I believe that no disaster will befall us."

Killua's unwavering confidence in Ultronia shone through his words, demonstrating his unwavering belief in her ability to keep him in check. He relied on her unparalleled strength and unwavering loyalty to maintain control over unexpected situations, ensuring their journey together would be safeguarded from any potential dangers. Initially, Killua planned to have Angel take that role. But after he thought about it for a bit, he quickly realized that Angel simply doesn't have the boldness nor the capabilities to stop him.

Ultronia met Killua's pointed finger with a solemn nod, her expression reflecting the gravity of the responsibility placed upon her.

"I understand, Sir," Ultronia replied, her voice steady and resolute. "I accept this exceptional role you have bestowed upon me. With every fiber of my being, I will fulfill my duty to keep you in check, ensuring that no harm befalls us and the existence as a whole."

The room fell into a momentary silence as the weight of their agreement settled upon them. A profound bond formed between creator and creation, bound by trust and a shared purpose.

Killua's complex expression transformed into one of immense relief, as if a heavy burden had been lifted from his shoulders. The trust he had placed in Ultronia brought him a sense of solace, knowing that he had someone by his side who would prevent him from veering off a dangerous path.

As the silence lingered, Killua's tense shoulders relaxed, and he slumped back in his throne, feeling a wave of tranquility wash over him. The realization that he no longer had to bear the weight of his potential dangers alone brought him a newfound sense of freedom.

Ultronia, with her unwavering loyalty and resolve, stood tall beside him, radiating an aura of strength and determination. She had accepted the responsibility wholeheartedly, understanding the significance of her role in safeguarding their existence.

"I trust you, Ultronia," Killua said softly, his voice carrying gratitude and reassurance. "Thank you for accepting this role."

Ultronia nodded, her eyes filled with unwavering determination. "I will not falter, Sir. I am honored to serve you in this capacity, and I will do everything in my power to ensure our safety and the preservation of our purpose."

"Jarvis," Ultronia then addressed the automaton standing behind her with a composed tone, "I entrust the safety of this place to you. Maintain vigilance and ensure that everything runs smoothly in my absence."

Jarvis, with his unwavering loyalty to Ultronia, acknowledged her command with a slight bow of his head. "Understood, Master. I will execute my duties diligently and keep watch over The Omniverse Nexus."

Satisfied with Jarvis's response, Ultronia turned her attention back to Killua. "Shall we, Sir?"

Killua nodded, a glimmer of excitement shining in his eyes. "Indeed. Let's go."

As they made their way out of the throne room, Ultronia's presence exuded strength and authority, while Killua carried an air of nonchalance and mischief. They walked side by side, their footsteps echoing through the corridors.

4