Play (18)
305 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feng Qi was not behind the Whatsapp account, “Feng Qi” who spread their pictures on the class’ chat group!

Not the Jun Yang needed more clarification after reviewing all the evidence, Feng Qi still stated the truth matter-of-factly, “I am not the one who shared those pictures with the group. Hell, I don’t even have a Whatsapp account to begin with.” He stated it so plainly and openly that Jun Yang felt rather stupid for having suspected the young man at the beginning. Thankfully, that mistake had been corrected.

It seemed rather impertinent looking back but at that moment, Jun Yang had a question that he wanted to ask, “But Feng Qi why aren’t you in the class chat group?” Perhaps it was his good student intuition kicking in because Jun Yang remembered distinctly, their class teacher ordering all the students to join the group that she started for the ease of interclass communication. So how could Feng Qi not be a part of it?

“That’s simple, because I have no interest to talk to anyone in that group,” Feng Qi answered readily like he did not see it as such a big deal. However, Jun Yang who was a goody-two-shoes type of student did not see it that way. Just as he was about to espouse the importance of following the teacher’s order and the value of maintaining a good relationship with other classmates, Feng Qi got to it before he did, “Although… that is not entirely true, because there is someone in that group that has greatly garnered my interest.”

Then Feng Qi paused to wink at Jun Yang, the latter felt his heart skip a beat at the same time. For some reason, he could predict what Feng Qi was about to say. “The man is standing before me and I already have his number so why would I ever join that group? What’s the purpose?” He smirked.

“W-what are you talking about?” Jun Yang blushed. He predicted as much but that did not mean it would help dampen the red that was rushing to his cheeks.

Embarrassed, Jun Yang quickly changed the subject, “Since we now know you are not behind the pictures, Feng Qi, do you have any idea who might it be?” He then looked up at Feng Qi expecting the young man to call him out on the quick change of subject but instead, he saw Feng Qi’s lips were pursed together in tight lines.

Feng Qi actually had a good guess who the culprit might be but he hesitated sharing it with Jun Yang. Mainly it was because he did not have any concrete evidence. But that did not mean he was powerless because… he had devised a method to smoke the culprit out.

Realizing Jun Yang had been staring at him, Feng Qi adjusted his expression and said in a light-hearted manner, “I’m sure it’s just a harmless prank, in fact, perhaps we should thank the person for it because the incident has taught us an important lesson, which is to not trust everything you see blindly because even that can be fabricated.”

Jun Yang frowned at Feng Qi’s words. He thought the young man adopted an overly light touch to the whole issue. How could he not be angry for being framed like that? Of course, it could be that Feng Qi was kind and forgiving enough to have already put the issue behind him but Jun Yang had his suspicion… For some reason, he felt like Feng Qi was hiding something from him. But since the young man did not seem like he was ready to share it, Jun Yang was not going to push for an answer.

Besides they got into this mess because Jun Yang lacked trust in Feng Qi so based on the recent lesson that he’d learned, he believed Feng Qi deserve some trust.

“The day is getting late,” Feng Qi commented as he looked out at the darkening sky. Then he turned back to tell Jun Yang, “I would love to stay but Miss M needs me back at the café. The dinner crowd is going to arrive soon. How about I walk you to the school gate?” Feng Qi titled his head at the stairs, signaling for them to leave.

Just as Feng Qi was about to turn, he felt a pull on the corner of his shirt. He turned around and saw Jun Yang pulling on it. “What’s wrong?” the young man asked in a concerned tone.

“I, I…” Jun Yang stammered like it was difficult for him to get the words out. Feng Qi waited patiently. “I’m sorry,” Jun Yang finally squeezed out, then the rest of the apology flowed a lot easier out of his lips, “I’m sorry for not trusting you and yelling at you for things that you did not do. Please forgive me!” There was a solemnity about his expression that suggested Jun Yang took this seriously.

“You silly goose, you.” Feng Qi chuckled as he grabbed Jun Yang’s hand that was holding the corner of his shirt. “I’ve never blamed you. It was just a huge misunderstanding. Plus, the evidence that you were shown are quite compelling so of course I would not hold it against you.”

Hearing that, Jun Yang softened. But Feng Qi had something else to add. “However, this does mean that you owe me twice now. Including the time you asked me for a favor at the theme park.”

“Hey! You can’t just go on deciding things like that on your own!” Jun Yang groused.

The two continued their friendly banter as they left Xing Ming Academy. Then at the gate, they departed and went their separate ways.

Jun Yang was glad that the misunderstanding between them was cleared up; while Feng Qi had something up his sleeves, something he prepared for the mastermind. [If you like my work, I would really appreciate a cup of joe as donation. Thank you. Donate here: ko-fi.com/lonelytree]

7