Play (23)
267 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before the last of the paper note had settled to the ground, another substance came soaring through the air. It was a shot of baking flour. It hit its intended target and exploded, raining down on the paper notes that were sitting on the ground. If the mess from earlier was not big enough, this definitely added to its scale.

Pei Ling’s face was as pale as ghost like she had applied way too thick of a layer of concealer. Of course, it was not due to the make-up but the flour that she looked like a Japanese geisha.

The young woman coughed and hacked trying to get the powder that had entered her nostrils and mouth out of her system. Between hacks, she growled angrily, “What the hell?! Who, pfft, who did this?!” as she glared around the room to find the culprit.

This was definitely an unladylike behavior but considering how her face and clothes were covered up with flour, any effort of trying to keep up the appearances had been thrown out the window. Now, her goal was not to appear presentable to others, but to tear into the culprit who dared to humiliate her so.

As she wiped away the flour that muddled her view and the dust in the air settled, Pei Ling eventually had her eyes landed on the culprit. Standing near the counter was a middle-aged lady who looked like she was an asura coming right from hell. Her eyes were burning with vengeance and fury practically radiated off her body. However, Pei Ling was not warned off by the lady’s presence, her eyes were instead focused on the object that the lady was holding.

It was a metal mixing bowl that had traces of white flour still sitting in it, this was all the confirmation Pei Ling needed to confirm the lady as her assaulter. Then, hell ensued.

Pei Ling screamed at Miss M like a banshee unleashed. Her tone was sharp and shrill, if any of her friends saw her then, they would not have been able to recognize her. “You crazy b*tch, what have you done?” Pei Ling pulled on her hair trying to get the flour particle that was stuck in her locks out. “Do you know how much I paid for my hair treatment?! It’s going to be a b*tch trying to get this out!” Then she returned to her usual threat, “Do you know who I am?!” like her very identity was enough to justify her anger.

That normally would be enough to put a pause to anyone who was fighting against Pei Ling but Miss M was not a simple ‘anyone’. She was not held off by Pei Ling’s threats. The trivialities that the young girl brought up like how her hair was ruined and how the bag she carried was an original Chanel and it was destroyed because the flour got into it, did not concern Miss M at all. If anything, how the girl cared about such superfluous things after what she had done set Miss M off even more.

“Even if you are the daughter of the emperor himself, I could not have cared less! No one is going to come into my store and attack my employee like that! Leave if you value your life because there is more where that came from!” Miss M brandished the mixing bowl like it was a weapon.

There was one thing Pei Ling could never stomach in her life, which was having her authority challenged. She was stunned into incredulity for a few seconds because no one had dared to humiliate and talk to her like that before. Then, as she regained her consciousness, the fury started to mount.

Like a broken record, she repeated, “Do you know who you are talking to? How dare you use such a tone when addressing me?” Pei Ling normally had access to a greater set of vocabulary but since it was not often that she got into a shouting match with another person, she was still coming into her own at least in this aspect.

“Like I said, I don’t care. No one can treat another human being with such disrespect no matter who you are. This shows that your parents have failed at their parenting,” Miss M huffed with her chest rising and falling. It was uncommon for the female proprietor to get so worked up as well, she was normally so kind and patient. But she would not stand for anyone bullying her people.

The barb hurt deeper than Miss M anticipated. Pei Ling’s face was ugly from pure anger, she was not going to stand down and let a random nobody insult her parents. “How dare you talk to me like that? My family could have bought up this entire hovel without even batting an eye and you dare to challenge me like this? You have no idea what you’re up against!”

If the threat didn’t work before, it was not going to work now. “This only shows that money doesn’t buy class,” the lady countered. Pei Ling gritted her teeth in anger. She had more words to yell at the lady but Miss M got tired of arguing with the girl already. She was not going waste the rest of her day caught in a pointless argument with a girl whose age was at least half of hers. If Pei Ling did not find that humiliating, Miss M certainly did.

Miss M believed that action spoke louder than words. She gave Pei Ling one last warning, “No matter what, at this very moment, you are standing in my establishment and as the owner, I have the legal right to deny service to any customer. In other words, get out!”

“Y-you…” Pei Ling stumbled over her words out of her sheer fury. This was the first time in her life she was being chased out of a store. Normally, people could not wait for a rich person like her to patronize their business.

[If you like my work, I would really appreciate a cup of joe as donation. Thank you. Donate here: ko-fi.com/lonelytree]

7