Play (30)
365 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suddenly, Jun Yang jumped up from his seated position, grabbed hold of Feng Qi to stop him from leaving. Then before the latter knew what was happening, there was another kiss that landed on his lips. This was the second surprise kiss of the day.

However, this one did not last as long as the previous one. Jun Yang already leaned away before Feng Qi could really get a real taste of it. Regardless, as brief as it was, the magic that both of the guys tasted earlier was still there.

Feng Qi looked at Jun Yang like he was mad. His eyes were round like saucers and it was clear that he was expecting an explanation. Sure, he liked the peck on the lips but a clarification on the whole situation would have been nice as well.

Unfortunately, that was not to be because instead of explaining himself, Jun Yang stood back a step and said plainly, “Now we’re even.”

Feng Qi’s brow rose slightly. This added to more of his confusion.

Just as the young man thought things could not have been more confusing, Jun Yang continued with, “I’m sorry.” That truly threw Feng Qi’s mind for a swirl. Moments earlier, he thought he had offended Jun Yang and the relationship between them was over but the next moment, Jun Yang apologized to him and more than that, landed a kiss on his lips?! None of the things Jun Yang had said or done made any sort of sense to Feng Qi.

“I didn’t tell you about the arranged marriage with Pei Ling because… actually, I don’t know how to explain it but I’ll try my best,” Jun Yang paused to arrange his thoughts. “I didn’t want you to think less of me. I never got a say in that arrangement and I didn’t want you to see me as weak. Furthermore, I never see myself ever ending up with Pei Ling. In fact, I’ve already talked to her family about it, and the marriage arrangement has already been called off.

“I have no idea when did Pei Ling tell you about this, perhaps it was before her parents updated her about the news or maybe they didn’t even plan to tell her to not hurt her feelings. In any case, that arrangement with her is already a thing of the past.”

At this point, Jun Yang slowed down like he was preparing to enter the part of the explanation that he wished to emphasize, “Plus, there has been this thing going on with us. I enjoy our little back and forth so should you find out about the former marriage arrangement between me and Pei Ling, it might sour the things between us, and you’d stop pursuing me so…” Jun Yang continued in a shy whisper, he was so soft that Feng Qi had to really focus to hear him, “But I don’t want you to stop so I didn’t tell you. I’m sorry.”

As Jun Yang’s words filtered into Feng Qi’s mind, his earlier despondency slowly turned into excitement because if Jun Yang was saying what Feng Qi thought he was saying then…

“Other than that,” Jun Yang added, “I also need to apologize for being so evasive with my feelings. To be honest, I’ve only just come to terms with it and it has everything to do with you. The thing,” Jun Yang blushed, he still had trouble referencing the passionate kiss that they shared in the auditorium directly. “that you did made me face the feelings that I’ve been reluctant to admit. Looking in retrospect, it actually explains many things. I guess what I’m trying to say is, if only I was more forthcoming with my feelings then perhaps you’d be spared a lot more suffering and pain. And for that, I’m sorry.”

What Jun Yang said was the truth. When he was given the kiss from Feng Qi, he realized with a sudden clarity that this was the thing that he had always wanted. The kiss confirmed the feelings he suspected he had for Feng Qi. The decision felt right and everything seemed in place.

Jun Yang had said everything he wanted to, everything that he wished to share with Feng Qi. He looked up into Feng Qi’s face and he saw a mask of bafflement and astonishment. To be perfectly frank, Jun Yang enjoyed being the one who caused the bewilderment and amazement for once because he was more often on the other end of the stick in the past. It felt nice to be able to pull one over Feng Qi who was always toying with him.

Jun Yang waited for Feng Qi to say something and when the young man finally did, it was, “So, what you’re saying is… you like me?!” There was such genuine disbelief in Feng Qi’s voice that Jun Yang found it incredibly endearing.

Jun Yang rolled his eyes and said good-naturedly, “You can be incredibly dense sometimes, you know that, Feng Qi?” Hell, even the song that he was playing had been hinting at his intention all along, ‘Because I can’t confess/ doesn’t mean there’s no love/ forever in my heart/ turning and running…’

To be fair, Feng Qi did understand what Jun Yang was saying but it was too much like the stuff of his dreams that he found it hard to believe.

“Fine, if you want me to spell it out loud.” Jun Yang looked into Feng Qi’s eyes to grab the young man’s attention. After he made sure he had Feng Qi’s full attention, his lips moved to repeat the question that he had been proposed to for the past few months. “Feng Qi, will you be my boyfriend?”

[If you like my work, I would really appreciate a cup of joe as donation. Thank you. Donate here: ko-fi.com/lonelytree]

7