Play (32)
294 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well, it is your loss and not mine.” Feng Qi dropped as he stood further back with a shrug.

Jun Yang’s brows creased, not understanding what the young man was talking about. He thought for a brief moment, Feng Qi was referencing the rules he had set up for the kiss but how was that his loss? Jun Yang was confused.

Thankfully, Feng Qi was there to provide the necessary clarification. “After all, you’re the one who enjoyed the kiss more than I do, so if you think about it, you’re the one who’s missing out.” He said that with such insouciance, it felt like he was making an observation instead of an opinion.

Naturally, he managed to get Jun Yang to rise to the bait. Even though there was a chance that Feng Qi could be right, the fact that he pointed it out so openly overwhelmed Jun Yang with embarrassment. And like many times in the past, Jun Yang’s go-to reaction when he was thusly cornered was to turn to anger. Naturally, he was not angry at Feng Qi per se but he was merely using the response of anger to cover up the feeling of embarrassment.

Feng Qi just so happened to be the most convenient target for him to lash out at. The fact that Feng Qi was also often the one who placed Jun Yang in such a position naturally had plenty to do with it as well.

Jun Yang stammered for a few seconds, hearing that wild accusation but he soon retorted haughtily, “That is definitely not true. Stop spreading these baseless rumours!”

“Oh, is it?” Feng Qi said with an undercurrent of both amusement and challenge. In response, Jun Yang glared at him as if daring the young man to go any further.

Feng Qi chuckled and turned his head to the side. Then, he said, “Well, I’m pretty much I heard someone groan out of pleasure during our previous kiss in the auditorium. I know it wasn’t me so I wonder who else could it be…” Feng Qi allowed his words to float into the air but it was clear whose ears the words were meant for.

Jun Yang blushed because he remembered distinctively the moans and groans that Feng Qi was referring to. If Feng Qi was not pulling his legs, then it would mean that… That particular train of thought made the red on Jun Yang’s burned even brighter.

To hide his embarrassment, Jun Yang quickly lowered his head even though he understood that probably made it worse because his action could be construed as a silent admission. To mask the embarrassment, Jun Yang blurted out the first excuse that came into his mind, “That was only because you were poking me with your stubble!”

Even though Jun Yang’s head was turned away to the ground, he could see Feng Qi raise his eyebrow to his hurriedly constructed answer. At that moment, Jun Yang felt like kicking himself, why did he have to say something like that?

Driven by the need to escape from the scene or he might just explode from sheer embarrassment, Jun Yang grumbled, “The day’s getting late, come on, let’s leave already!”

Jun Yang raced away as Feng Qi tried to catch up. Along the way, Feng Qi kept trying to wheedle his new boyfriend and the couple’s laughter echoed down the halls of Xing Ming Academy.

Caught in the haze of happiness, neither Feng Qi nor Jun Yang realized a pair of eyes had been watching them from the corner that led from the auditorium. It was unclear how long the eyes had been there but by the time Jun Yang and Feng Qi left the scene, the eyes were burning with white fury and perhaps more than a hint of jealousy.

Now that Feng Qi and Jun Yang had settled in, they had to deal with the practical sides of things. For one, they had to explain to Mr. Sam about the play that they’d abandoned. They returned to the auditorium and were thankful to find that their English teacher was still there.

However, the rest of the class was already gone, including their team members. Seeing the confusion on Jun Yang’s face, Mr. Sam explained, “The two girls have left already. Pei Ling said she was not feeling so well and Cindy offered to walk her home. Since the play of your group is lying in shambles, I don’t see why I would ask them to stay.”

Mr. Sam looked at his two students, obviously waiting for an explanation. Feng Qi shrugged and looked unfazed, that was probably all of the explanation he was going to provide to clarify the situation. Thankfully, Jun Yang was there to step in. He came up with some tall tale about how there was a difference in the way the group wanted to present the script, they were torn between different messages that they wished to say.

Jun Yang wanted to add a part about the struggles of the LGBT community in the play but Pei Ling had her reservation, citing how it might not be well received considering the current social climate at China regarding LGBT issues.

However, based on the actual rehearsal, they snuck in the section regardless, without telling Pei Ling or Cindy and that explained why they were so surprised. In other words, Pei Ling and Cindy did not know about their plan and did not deserve to be punished should Mr. Sam decide to deliver a reprimand.

After he was done, Mr. Sam studied his two students closely. It appeared as if he was deciding whether to believe Jun Yang’s story or not.

In any case, he let the group off this time, only asking for a final version of the script before the actual play. For some reason, Jun Yang felt like Mr. Sam did not really believe him but he was too tired to get up in their high school drama.

So, in the end, it all… worked out?

[If you like my work, I would really appreciate a cup of joe as donation. Thank you. Donate here: ko-fi.com/lonelytree]

7