Play (33)
286 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The change in Feng Qi and Jun Yang’s relationship status not only brought changes to the party involved, it brought about a tectonic change to the circle that they were in as well. The most obvious was definitely their classmates at Xing Ming Academy.

The first thing Jun Yang’s classmates noticed when they arrived at class the day after the rehearsal was a massive move in their class’ seating arrangement. Before this, it was Pei Ling who was seated behind Jun Yang next to the window but that day and for the days after that, Pei Ling moved her spot to a seat adjacent from Cindy, which was on the opposite end of the room.

It was Pei Ling herself who volunteered to make this move, after all, there was no one other than Pei Ling who could have forced the young lady of the Pei family to vacate her seat.

The seat that Pei Ling vacated was naturally taken over by Feng Qi. The young man finally moved from the back of the class but it could not be said that he was more involved in the classes, unless you would count jokingly harassing Jun Yang as class participation.

Jun Yang for one did not mind this change. As much as he was embarrassed by Feng Qi’s antic, he appreciated the chance to be close to his new boyfriend, after all, they had just gotten together and this was their honeymoon period. If they did not make use of this chance to spread dogfood, when were they going to do so?

Therefore, Jun Yang was appreciative of Pei Ling’s astuteness and kindness. The young man assumed that it was because Pei Ling had figured out what had happened between him and Feng Qi, and this was her way of giving her blessing. Little did Jun Yang know the reason behind Pei Ling’s move was because she could not stand being around the couple anymore.

However, make no mistake, she had not admitted defeat, this was merely a temporary setback. She was going to allow Feng Qi a temporary triumph, while she bade her time to strike back.

Naturally, such a momentous change had gotten the rest of the class talking. After all, it involved literally the most talked about people in their circle. Jun Yang was the perfect top scorer while Pei Ling, a colorful character on her own, had always been perceived as Jun Yang’s girlfriend. On top of that, there was the class miscreant, Feng Qi who somehow landed in the middle of this love triangle and against all odds, came out victorious with Jun Yang’s favor? This was far more interesting than the popular drama series that was showing on the television!

Jun Yang naturally knew about the rumours that were going around about them. He noticed that Feng Qi had adopted his usual nonchalant attitude towards them. Jun Yang gave it some thought, hesitating whether he should explain himself to try to protect Pei Ling’s name but in the end, he decided the girl could take care of herself. Furthermore, he could see that if he tried to provide any clarification, it might just make things worse.

On top of that, there was a psychological reason that Jun Yang did not mind the others talking about them. It was no different from how people often had the intention to show off their brand new car, Jun Yang was proud of his new boyfriend and he was kinda happy that people were talking about them… not knowing that such a high-profile relationship with Feng Qi would have far reaching repercussion into the future.

After all, happiness, like hope, often had a fatally blinding effect. However, that would a tale for the future, for now, we should focus on the couple’s temporary bliss.

The school days came and went. Initially, people were still talking about the new couple but after a while, like usual, they moved onto a new topic after the fresh had become the normal.

With regards to the play, Jun Yang approached Pei Ling to have a talk. He decided to go ahead with the script that she had drafted but with one request, which was to remove the kiss between him and her. This was out of respect to Feng Qi. Kissing another girl in front of his boyfriend? That was a bit harsh.

At the time, Pei Ling was still reeling from her ‘temporary setback’ to really care about the play. She let go of her involvement and allowed Jun Yang to make any fix he wanted.

Even though it was not part of the script to begin with, Jun Yang also removed the kiss that Feng Qi added during the rehearsal. In other words, it did not make it into the final cut.

When told, Feng Qi’s first reaction was to complain, “But why, I would love to kiss you on stage again.”

In spite of Feng Qi’s protest, Jun Yang went ahead with his decision because of two reasons. One, he would feel uncomfortable kissing anyone on stage in front of the rest of his class and two, he would prefer the intimate moments between him and his boyfriend to remain… well, intimate.

That was the excuse he gave Feng Qi but the latter did not seem satisfied. In the end, Jun Yang only managed to get Feng Qi to settle down after he promised to compensate him with a private kiss in the future.

Seeing the mischievous smile that lit up Feng Qi’s face once he gave that promise, Jun Yang wondered if he had made the wrong decision. He suddenly had the urge to take it back. Feng Qi was kind enough to allow it but that would in turn be replaced by two kisses on stage.

“Hey, wait, why is it two kisses now? Wasn’t it just one earlier?” Jun Yang argued indignantly.

“Because you went back on your words,” Feng Qi said matter-of-factly.

Jun Yang looked at Feng Qi with his lips stretched into a thin line. He thought about it long and hard before finally deciding with the one kiss in private, away from the prying eyes of the crowd, unable to shake the feeling that he had been swindled somehow.

[If you like my work, I would really appreciate a cup of joe as donation. Thank you. Donate here: ko-fi.com/lonelytree]

7