Exercise (4)
381 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jun Yang instantly reared back from the shock, the buzzing feeling of the sudden kiss still lingering on his lips. If not for the fact that Feng Qi had curled his hands firmly around Jun Yang’s legs, having the latter’s feet firmly planted on the ground, Jun Yang probably would have slithered away already.

Jun Yang then whipped his head back to glare at Feng Qi. That was not part of their agreement. He was expecting a candy of some sort, not an ambush peck on the lips!

Feng Qi still had that roguish smile hanging on his face. Seeing that, Jun Yang felt the mixed emotions of continuing the kiss from earlier and slapping the hell out of his boyfriend for taking advantage of him like that. In any case, it did not seem like Feng Qi was fazed by Jun Yang’s response to the kiss. If anything, it appeared as if the young man was greatly amused by Jun Yang’s fluttered reaction.

“What, what were you doing?” Jun Yang stammered, his voice sounding more pleasant than he had hoped. He was aiming for a stern rebuff but to his ears, he sounded more like a blundering youth caught off-guard by a sudden show of affection, which honestly was not that far away from the truth.

Feng Qi shrugged and answered matter-of-factly, “Just providing you with the motivation you need to power through this set of exercise.” The young man did not even blink when he came up with this bold-face lie.

Naturally, Jun Yang was there to call him out for it, “But you promised me something sweet should I manage to complete a set of sit-up,” at this point, his voice lowered and wavered slightly like it was too embarrassing to say this out loud, “…not ambush me with a kiss like that.”

Feng Qi turned the question back onto Jun Yang, “Well, is the kiss not something sweet for you?” Feng Qi’s left eyebrow was cocked upwards as if challenging his boyfriend to say that the kiss was not as lingeringly sweet as pure cut honey.

Jun Yang wilted under the combination of his boyfriend’s gaze and questioning. The indignation that he summoned earlier doused like water being poured onto a dying flame. This was because Jun Yang could not deny the claim that his boyfriend made. The kiss was even sweeter than the sweetest candy he had ever had in his life so there was no ground for him to accuse his boyfriend of lying.

However, Jun Yang still felt rather unwilling to let his boyfriend’s deceit slide so easy. Just as he was constructing a counter in his mind, he heard Feng Qi continue next to him, “Unless, of course, you wish for me to stop. We could stop at any moment you want. After all, your wish is my command.” He combined that with a charming smile.

Jun Yang looked at his boyfriend with a conflicted expression on his face, it appeared as if a great mental tussle was going on his mind. It was the battle of the century between Jun Yang’s desire to get more kisses from Feng Qi and his surrender to this outright deceitful set-up constructed by Feng Qi. His pride pushed him towards the latter but the softer part of his heart persuaded him to commit to the former.

In the end, like many such tales, heart won out over pride. Jun Yang reassumed the standard position. He puffed up his cheeks and glared at Feng Qi before lowering his upper body to reinitiate another bout of sit-up. Jun Yang wanted to resume the exercise… with the added motivation, of course.

Seeing this, Feng Qi could not help but chuckle. Even though they were now boyfriends, Jun Yang still had not changed his habit of stubbornly refusing to directly voice out the thing that he wanted. In any case, Feng Qi did not mind it that much. After all, that gave him plenty of ammunition to tease his boyfriend and Feng Qi could not find a hobby that was better than that.

The purpose of their exercise that day soon veered from its path. Jun Yang lost count of the amount of sit-ups he had done, he only remembered that day as the sweetest day he had ever experienced in his life.

One day, while they were waiting for the class to start, Cindy approached Jun Yang at his seat. “Good morning, Jun Yang,” the girl greeted him cheerfully.

“Good morning to you too, Cindy.” Jun Yang could not help but wonder why would Cindy accost him considering there was no interaction between them normally outside of when they were within the company of their mutual friend. Regardless, Jun Yang added politely, “How can I help you?”

“Jun Yang, have you heard about the ball that they’re going to throw after the final? I’m part of the organizing committee and I was tasked to find more members to join the committee. The reason I came to find you is because all the current committee members agree that you should be the chairperson, so here I am hoping that you’d help take up this responsibility,” Cindy explained.

Jun Yang indeed had heard of this ball before. It was an annual thing. The ball was actually a joint huge party thrown by all the named elite academies within the area. It was considered the biggest event of the year within certain circles.

Since Xing Ming Academy was at the top of every list, it was natural that the organizing responsibility fell on the staff and students of the school. That should have been the case but the staff shirked most of the duties on the excuse that this would be a great chance for the students to learn about logistics related to the organization of a big event. That explained why it was Cindy and not one of the teachers who had to handle organizing details.

Jun Yang was flattered that his fellow students would think him qualified enough for such a heavy duty and he was about to accept it when Cindy said something that gave the young man pause. “Pei Ling has already agreed to be our vice chairperson and I’m sure the two of you will be able to lead us to a perfect result.”

[If you like my work, I would really appreciate a cup of joe as donation. Thank you. Donate here: ko-fi.com/lonelytree]

 

 

5