Chapter 13: Sacrifice For One’s Salvation
34 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Godfather’s face lit up with excitement as he tapped his cane against Alvar’s shoe in a hurry. Reluctantly, Alvar quickly removed his aim from Alphonse and put the gun away. Murmurs followed as I stood there, eyeing the opposing side as I had made my decision. A hand slammed into my left shoulder and gripped it tight. When I turned to look, all that I could see was dad’s expression mixed with plead in his face.

 

“You can’t be serious, Lenna. Take those words back right now!” Dad shouted, his voice trembling with inducing fear in it.

 

“I made my choice, dad! I can’t just stand here and pretend there’s no family of mine being on gunpoint,” I talked back, biting my lip hard to hold back any tear.

 

“But still-”

 

I took his hand in mine, and showed him my smile towards him, “I will be fine, dad. You can count on that, it’s way better than seeing one of us dead, right?”

 

“Lenny…. please…. don’t do this….” A plea came from Al’s direction, he looked at me with eyes about to be pooled with tears. 

 

“I agree with Alphonse, Lenna, you can’t make rash decisions. This costs you your whole entire life, marriage isn’t a mere proclamation in the change of your nuptial status,” Kalem added, and same as Al, his voice also filled with a plea. But I have decided, for Alphonse’s sake.

 

“If that means that Alphonse gets to live, so be it.”

 

The Godfather clapped his hands in glee and laughed, “Excellent, Marvelous! An act of family love, a younger sibling willing to sacrifice her life in order for her older brother to be spared from death. How touching,”

 

“See, Roderick? She has made her stand, there’s no turning back” The Godfather added, while dad was clenching his jaw in anger. 

 

But when he glanced at me, the expression painted across his face was more conscience-stricken before he could burst out.

 

“Then it has already been decided! By tonight, the Flammia Family and the Esmond Family! Rulers of the North and South shall be officially united under the union between Alvar Flammia and Lenna Esmond. And all of you are witnesses for the arranged engagement.” The Godfather triumphantly let out his voice in jubilee.

 

I couldn’t believe I just said it….. It’s really happening…. Well, it’s my choice, after all, can’t blame anyone for it… Just for Al to be safe…. I can’t lose another family…. And now, I have to prepare for the worst… 

 

“It’s good to be back in business again with you, Roderick“

 

“Just because my daughter is engaged with your son, doesn’t mean there’s any change in our terms. Don’t think that I'm voluntarily agreeing to her doing this, as she is the one who decided it, not me,” Dad replied with a flat voice, holding the side of my shoulder lightly to keep me close to him.

 

“.....I respect her decision,” Dad muttered, not letting anyone but only me hear it.

 

My heart broke in pieces upon hearing his words.  A realization just clicked in my head, all of a sudden, what followed was a guilt-ridden feeling deep in my heart. Wanting to strangle myself for realizing the excruciating pain I had inflicted towards dad and my brothers. Seeing his little girl being engaged to his nemesis’s son…

 

“Lenna….. Fucking hell,” Al cursed as he shut his eyes close and hung his head down. I glanced down at Al and glared at the Godfather with upset eyes

 

“I already accepted the deal, now let my brother go” I spoke out

 

“As you wish, future daughter-in-law” As his word ended Alvar grabbed the back collar of Alphonse’s shirt and forced him to stand up.

 

He pushed Al’s back with force towards me, luckily I caught his body and leaned him against my own. Kalem quickly got hold of his right arm and wrapped it around his own shoulder. Al was breathing heavily and hissed as he hovered his left leg above the floor, blood still dripping on the edge of his shoe and chin. While Kalem’s hand held against our brother’s abdomen, Al then tried to lift his head and gazed into my eyes.

 

“You should’ve just let me be, Lenny…. Why...” He whispered, teardrops began to fall down his cheeks. Mixing with the crimson-colored substances, it was as if he was crying droplets of blood.

 

“To save your ass, idiot…. I can’t lose you… You’re my brother for God’s sake...”

 

“But with you sacrificing your whole life to the hands of that bastard? *cough* I just.... *cough* *cough*” He replied as he struggled to get a handle of his dry coughs.

 

“Save your energy for later, Alphonse,” Kalem responded, he lifted his face towards dad who was closing in on us to take a look at Al.

 

Dad’s eyes scanned everywhere on Al’s body and finally landed his eyes on the admitted leg injury told by one of Al’s henchmen earlier. His eyes widened and immediately looked at Kalem with worrisome eyes.

 

“Get him back to the mansion, arrange a surgery for his left leg as soon as you arrive, Kalem,” Dad commanded

 

“Roger that, Don Roderick” Kalem nodded and began to take Alphonse into his grasp.

 

“Go with him, the three of us know what happens if neither one of us is in the car with him” Dad added, whispering in a low tone so that everyone but us can hear it.

 

“Alright, we will meet back at the mansion then,”

 

Kalem turned around while still holding on to Alphonse’s body as he faced our crew, “Get the car ready in a minute, hurry!” Kalem commanded as many men from the crew scattered outside of the warehouse.

 

I watched as Kalem then faced Adrian and Uncle Fransiscus. All that I could see was Kalem talking to the two of them, with Adrian turning his head towards his dad with a concerned expression. Uncle Fransiscus then nodded with a stern expression, a slight glimmer of brightness shown in Adrian’s face. As Kalem and Al disappeared further into the crowd, Adrian halted and turned his head for a moment to look at me.

 

He shortly showed me his smile and then turned to follow behind Kalem. Helping carry Al by his shoulder, fading away just like my brothers. His smile earlier…. wasn’t like the usual ones he gave me. Although I could only see it for a brief moment, a hint of crestfallen emotion can be seen in his Violet eyes. 

 

“We shall have the marriage contract formed and signed later, it’s already late at night. You must be very tired after all of this mess, Roderick” the Godfather who’s going to be my future father in law spoke with a delighted tone.

 

“Do keep in touch, we’re now one Family after all,” What followed after was dad clicking his tongue in silent anger.

 

The opposing side began to disperse as one by one, the crew walked towards the other exit. That midget Caporeigme even gave me a look, but his eyes were not as fierce as before. And as for our side, they also began to head back, some of them in denial by the decision that the two families are united. What mostly was left was me, dad, the Godfather, and Alvar facing each other. 

 

“I’m looking forward to when the wedding bells will ring. Do you have anything to say to your dear fiancé before we head back, boy?” He asked Alvar with a wide smile across his face.

 

Alvar kept his mouth shut, glancing at me with unnerved eyes, and averted it. Silence was all I could get from him, not even I can guess what he was trying to transcend at this moment. His reply was clear when he slowly rotated his body, making the edges of his hanging suit sway in the air, and started to march towards the exit door with heavy steps. As I was gazing upon his back, all that I could think of was how I can even live in a marriage with a guy like him.

 

“We’ll take our leave now. Farewell, Roderick, and… Lenna” the Godfather bowed his head and turned to catch up to Alvar as both of them disappeared from me and my dad’s vision.

 

Alvar undoubtedly has no hesitation to take a life, he’s cold-blooded to be exact. And from the way he looked at me and how the others react, he’s on the top of the food chain. Like Al, his glare was like a predator, but somehow Alvar’s was far gloomier. If I take one fatal step in front of him…..

 

I’m sure to be met with the gates of Heaven in mere seconds…

 

“Come, Lenna. Let’s go,” Dad suddenly mentioned as he gazed at me with a stern expression as he turned his body to the side.

 

“Okay, dad”

.

.

.

The engines of the car began to rile up as me and dad sat across each other inside of the halted vehicle. The air surrounding me and dad were tense, awkward even. All that I could do to cope with it was to only look down on my lap. Eyes tracing the indents of where the fabrics of my dress were sewed together. Avoiding to lead a conversation that will likely end up with dad’s emotion burst out. It was all silent…. Not a single word….

 

Just then, I could see the silhouettes of dad straightening his posture. The cold sensation as his eyes were laid unto me spread across my whole body in fear. Anything he has to let out now… I have to take it…

 

“I wanted to apologize...”

 

Huh?

 

I shot my face upwards only to be met with my dad’s softened gaze, different from how he was earlier. 

 

“W-what do you mean, dad? What are you sorry for?”

 

“....Because of this business, all of this chaos between the Mafia families…. You have to be involved… and now, you have to be wedded to him” Dad added with a saddened tone.

 

“You mean Alvar, right?”

 

“Yes...”

 

Silence was welcomed back just as dad finished replying. It all dissipated when he took my hands in his carefully. Caressing his thumb against my skin with gentle strokes.

 

“As your father, I wanted nothing more than seeing you grow up and live a happy life. Not to be fallen within the grasps of an arranged marriage. I’m sure your mother would have said the same,” Dad let out a deep sigh, his eyes narrowed as he gazed down on my hands.

 

“It’s my decision, dad. None of this is your fault, I choose it for the better.”

 

“But are you prepared on what’s to come? The hardships of living with him from then on, you will have to move into the North Region. You may or may not be able to do whatever you want, including going back to the Southern parts of Bremerwood. The Esmond Family’s territory…. and your home”

 

I took in a gasp of air in an immediate response. His words silenced me whole, I didn’t even think about the effects of the arranged marriage that far. All that I could think of was Al’s life at that moment, I was lost in my own emotions. I didn't even think about my own situation if I accepted it. So it’s my responsibility, not someone else’s.

 

“I’ll figure something out, there must be a way. I won’t back down so easy, not after I agreed to the marriage” I replied with a slight crack in my voice.

 

“Even if I don’t like it, I have to live with it. At least Al is safe…. That’s what matters the most, dad” 

 

He didn’t say anything, I was afraid that it was before he was going to lash out. I stared down at my lap once more, waiting for something to free me from this intense situation. The air was slowly suffocating me, drying out my throat as seconds passed. 

 

All of a sudden a coarse and rough-skinned hand reached out for my left cheek and lifted my head up with it. I gazed at my dad’s face, filled with a bittersweet smile on his face and he sighed.

 

“You’re just like your mother, Lenna. Facing every obstacle in life with a determined heart for family, you’re a clear image of her.” He said with the smile still stuck on his face.

 

His words invited me to let me loosen up and exhaled comfortably through my nose. It was filled with affection, warm to the touch. Even though his skin wasn’t as smooth as it was back then, it still feels the same. A sudden feeling of emotion started to erupt in me while I was enjoying this moment. A flick of sorrow and despondent started to spread throughout my heart.

 

If what dad said came true, then I couldn’t see or visit him like I usually do. I wouldn’t be able to see his face, his smile and gave him a long hug. A teardrop managed to fall down as I closed my eyes and leaned on his hand. I never wanted this to end, please don’t let time take this moment away… 

.

.

.

.

“The infirmary… the infirmary…. God...” I muttered to myself while scattering myself around the mansion.

 

After all of us had arrived, dad bid his farewells to the other heads of Mafia families of the South as well as me. All of them bowed their heads towards him including Uncle Fransiscus who later told dad that one of his cars would be left in order for Adrian to return home. I just remembered that Adrian apparently went along with Kalem and Al when we were still at the docks. 

 

When dad was finished talking to Uncle Fransiscus, he immediately told me to follow after the three of them. Also, he advised me to get some rest at the mansion after I had checked in on either Al, Kalem, and Adrian. Still feeling down, I covered it up with a smile and gave him a hug before I went. In return, he gave me a peck on the head and let me go. I caught a glimpse of his lips crooking down as I left for the infirmary.

 

I was mumbling words that I had in mind while hurrying myself to the infirmary. When I reached the mansion’s hallway that was the path to the infirmary, I saw a figure standing in front of the door to the room. His hands tucked into the pockets of his Pine-colored coat while his eyes stared blankly to the door. His eyelids lowered down until only half of his eyes can be seen, I quickly recognized who the person was.

 

“Adrian!” I called him out, it caught him by surprise as his eyes opened up and turned to my direction in a flash.

 

“Lenna!” He also called out to me while I rushed to him, lifting my dress to be able to run. Almost stumbling over my heels when I reached him, out of breath. 

 

“You’re here,”

 

“Where are my brothers? How’s Al?” I asked with him turning his head towards the infirmary door with his brows curled up.

 

“He’s in there, the doctors are trying their best for the surgery to succeed. He lost a lot of blood because of the gunshot wound. But lucky for him, it’s not entirely infected, he’s been struggling to breath while we were in the car. Kalem’s in there to watch over” Adrian explained more.

 

“And?” Adrian’s head turned to me with his lips stretched into a flat line and its edges curled up a bit as his bottom eyelids lifted to his eyes. 

 

“So far, it seems to be going well. I was out here not too long ago, I had confirmed it along with Kalem about his condition. Alphonse is going to be fine after this, you needn’t worry, Lenny” Adrian smiled as he let out a chuckle

 

A wave of relief washed all over me, covering my face with both of my hands as tears of gratitude filled my eyes, “Thank goodness,” I lightly cried and muttered hearing the good news from Adrian. As I continued there thanking God for Al’s safety, a hand placed itself on top of my right shoulder.

 

“Are you alright?” Adrian looked at me with worried eyes.

 

I sniffed and wiped my tears with my forearm and grinned, “Y-yeah, Al’s going to be okay. I’m really happy about that”

 

“No, Lenna. I mean…..” Both of his hands were placed on top of my shoulders, he inhaled as his own shoulders lifted up. He exhaled, forming a distinguish knit on his brows

 

“About earlier….” His words struck through my head all at once. My grin faded into a frown as I gazed at Adrian’s eyes, focusing on those Violet irises looking through my soul.

 

“Oh…. you’re talking about the engagement, right?” Adrian nodded as he let go of me, leaving me to stay silent to hear more of his questions. But none of that came into reality when he continued to tuck in his hands into his coat.

 

“I-it’s my choice, I have to go with it… You can already see it from the situation right, Adrian?”

 

“Lenny-”

 

“What choice do I have at that moment? Seeing my own brother going to be shot in the head while I just stand there and do nothing? Of course I have to accept it, if not…. If...not….….A-Al is…..” I whimpered at the end, shutting my eyes as tears were starting to pool in my eyes.

 

Shivers ran down my spine as my body trembled, shoulders tense, clenching my fist as I tried to hold my tears from overflowing. I began to feel weak, frightened, as if my own life has ended right at that moment I chose to go along with the engagement. 

 

My heart beating uncontrollably, gasps of short air taken in and let out hand in hand, I was devastated. Imagining the clear image of what happened over and over in my head again. The way the gun was held against Al’s head, his expression scarred my head in fear. My body was losing its heat, cold to the edges of my fingers like a corpse. In the middle of all this gloom, a voice reached out to snap me from it.

 

“Lenna,” A soft and gentle voice went to my ears as I was enveloped in warmth.

 

The scent of Citrus and Fresh Rose was spreading through my nostrils yet again. When I opened my eyes, I was greeted by Adrian’s arms wrapped around my body. His head rested beside mine as his right hand held my head softly. Pulling me into his gentle arms, there was no distance between me and him. 

 

“Adrian, what are yo-”

 

“It’s been hard for you isn’t it?” He whispered

 

“I-I’m okay, Adrie. You can let go of me-”

 

“No” 

 

He cut my words off as he pulled me more into his embrace in response, not too loose, not too tight. 

 

“I couldn’t leave you still filled with unspoken emotions, let alone bottling it up. If you can’t let it out elsewhere now, my arms welcome you.” His words pierced through my heart, who am I kidding? 

 

He’s the one who has been with me most of my life, of course he knows…. Whether or not I need comfort in situations like this. My best friend…. My most precious friend…. And if I could say… I would consider him just like what Al and Kalem had mentioned…. The candidate….. If I can now that is...

 

“Just let it all out, Lenna. I’m here… I won’t leave your side until you are done with it”

 

Slow strokes of his right hand on my hair adds more to my emotion, strengthening the flow of my tears. I shakingly lifted my hands and began to embrace him back, digging deep into his coat as I wailed. Muffling sobs into his embrace as both of us stood in front of the infirmary door all alone. Only for the sounds of my cries to echo through the hallway….

 

Adrian POV

 

“Has she already gone to bed?” A flat voice called out as I quietly closed the doors to Lenna’s bedroom. 

 

I turned to look over and saw Kalem standing right in the hallway with a worn-out face. His glasses tainted with a bit of Alphonse’s blood, it seems he hasn’t had time to even clean it after the ordeal. 

 

“Yes, she has. She fell asleep almost instantly, and besides, how’s Alphonse’s surgery?”

 

“It was a success, most likely he would wake up in the morning. For now, he’s the same as Lenna,” Kalem replied as he noticed how dirty his glasses were and took it off to wipe it with the fabric of his suit. 

 

“That’s good to hear,” I exhaled in relief, it wouldn’t be a surprise if Alphonse could survive this one. I have known him until that point, he's not my partner for nothing. 

 

“I suppose you’ll be returning in a few minutes, am I right?” Kalem asked, putting on his newly pristine glasses.

 

“Yes, my father would be upset if he knew I stick around longer than I should be”

 

“I see, then you better get going before he retorts. It’s not only you who have seen him how he is when he snaps, Adrian” Kalem commented letting out a sigh with his arms on the side of his hips. 

 

“Well then, I will take my leave now. Please send my greetings to Alphonse once he wakes up, I would try to find time to visit him tomorrow. Maybe I will bring along Julia if I can”

 

“Certainly, I will make sure he gets it through that thick skull of his” Kalem chuckled and nodded in acknowledgment.

 

“Farewell, Kalem, have a good night’s rest.” I rested my right hand on my left chest and bowed before turning my sole around towards the end of the hallway.

 

Farewell? Is that all I want to say right now? Right when both of us knew that Lenna is engaged to that man. The man who had ruined my older brother’s life, forcing him to live in isolation. Not that I fairly bother about him, but with his authority…. I have to prepare a counter in case something shady is rising.

 

“Adrian,” A voice called out, halting my steps in place. I rotated my body to the side and looked at Kalem standing up straight gazing at me.

 

“If you ever need to talk, you’re welcome to chatter with me or Alphonse about it. Maybe you had caught on to what I’m referring to?” He talked, Magenta colored pupils staring right at me with a hint of concern.

 

*Play this to get more of the feels, thanks*

 

My heart aches as if it was struck with a needle, dripping the feelings that I had for her. Slowly engulfing me whole with regrets….

 

“I have, I appreciate the offer but I must return as of now. I will see you another time, Kalem” I replied, smiling with my eyes closed.

 

“Take care on the way, Adrian”

 

With that, I turned around and bowed slightly before making my way to the lobby. There was something amiss, it was as if Kalem’s words haunted me. Following behind my back like some sort of entity trying to shake me down.

.

.

.

“Sir, your father is expecting you to return as soon as possible” One of the men from my crew bowed as my foot reached the floors of the mansion lobby.

 

“Thank you for reminding me, let us make haste,” I replied

 

As soon as I stepped out of the mansion door, I felt a few drops of water fall into my face. When I looked up, the raindrops began to pour down heavily. Would you look at that, it seems nature read my mind.

 

“It was clear earlier, how in the world. I-I will fetch you an umbrella in a moment, sir.” The man left sprinting towards the car despise being rained down by a huge amount of raindrops until his whole attire was wet.

 

There I was, standing under the seemingly never-ending rain. Those hidden feelings began to overwhelm me again, repeating the words I murmured when I last saw her in the garden.

 

“Just how I fell for you,”

 

Once more, I failed to tell her the truth… However…. that was the last opportunity I had before I saw it right before my eyes. The moment where I felt numb and helpless watching her being cornered, forced to make a decision.

 

“I ACCEPT YOUR PROPOSAL!!”

 

At that moment, I want to reach for her hand, take her far away from that dreadful place, and confess. Letting out all of the things that I want to tell her. On how her energy brings me to life, how her wide grin gave me the power to stay strong-minded. 

 

And most importantly, how her eccentric charms and even flaws caught me off guard. Ever since we were little, she was always the one who looks out for me. Even if I'm awkward at some times, she would always cheer me up and encourage my confidence. We were both there for each other, both in sadness and joy. Because of her, I have a purpose in life, not only to be some sort of doll to be ordered around.

 

I want to tell her that I love her.... so much... that I wish to live together with her for the rest of my life... 

 

But what is it for me now? It’s only a wishful dream… What can I do about it... 

 

I looked up into the sky as lukewarm fluids began to form in my eyes. Falling down the sides of my skin as it turned as cold as the droplets of water on my face. Why can’t I feel anything? Why can’t I feel grief? Why….. Why is it all numb?

 

“It’s great, Adrian. I could immediately fall in love with it if I reminisced about it over and over again.”

 

Staring blankly into the sky with hollow eyes, trying to wake myself up with any form of sentiments. Tears of mine continued to flow down as it united with the freezing cold rain. Wanting to find a bit of comfort left in my memories with Lenna. But it did much worse, so much that it cut my breath short. 

 

In my whole life, no pain can surpass this one…. Not even the moment I have to turn tides to walk this path as a Consigliere of my family. 

.

.

Haha...

.

.

It’s a good day to let everything out….

.

.

.

.

Kalem POV

 

I was walking down the hallway after bidding farewell to Adrian and checked on Lenna once more before I left. My poor little sister, even if I tried to turn it around, her choice was already made. I couldn’t change her mind about it, she would stand by it. Just like what her….our mother would do….

 

Phoebe….

 

And what happened earlier was far from normal, either I and Roderick can’t believe our eyes, was it all an illusion? But we already saw what happened all those years ago. How did he….. Corleone… that scoundrel…. Was he the one behind that incident? I better check on Roderick... fast..

 

I quickly made my way into his office doors on the other side of the mansion. Once I had opened the doors cautiously, I saw him bending down on his desk, leaning his head into his own hands. A half-filled glass of aged wine in his right hand accompanied by its bottle sits next to where his hands are resting.

 

“Roderick” I called out, not to my surprise, he didn't move a bit, not even an inch.

 

“Close the doors,”

 

“As you wish,” I replied

 

I stepped into the room and quickly closed the huge double door with much effort and turned to walk towards his desk. Stepping on the raggy velvet carpet, my shoes might be stuck on it if I wasn’t careful. When I turned to glance at Roderick, his posture remained the same.

 

"You shouldn't drink too much, Roderick. It won't end well if you went overboard,"

 

"I know, I'm... taking measures of it, don't worry," He replied as he took another sip from the glass before putting it down on the desk.

 

“You must be as startled as I am, Kalem,” He muttered, letting out a distressed sigh.

 

“Indeed I am, I couldn’t believe it. I suppose you weren't completely rejecting the whole marriage agreement when you saw him.” I replied with an unsettling sensation shivering down my spine.

 

"You're correct, but from the look on his eyes, I couldn't sense any welcoming aura around him. That boy.... wasn't even like that..... if only I knew..... His whole persona clearly has shifted, all because of that vicious man.... why does he have to be in the hands of Corleone?" Roderick's hissed as he lifted his head up to look at me with frightful eyes.

 

Alvar…. that boy... He’s still alive, after all these years”

.

.

.

Third Person POV

 

Somewhere in the Northern Region

 

Down a quiet hallway, two figures side by side strolled down. The moon’s light shone upon the hallways in Luminous Blue rays. One, with joyful steps, while the other with heavy ones, impediment filled his face. Swinging his cane around, as if there was nothing on the way, it even had landed a hit several times on the tall figure beside him. With no response, the figure stands, still walking with his mouth shut tight.

 

“This ought to be a celebration, my boy,” Corleone mentioned as he hummed a jubilee tune with his vocal cords.

 

“You’re about to get wedded, and there’s nothing more exciting to see you uniting the ties between the Esmond and the Flammia family together in harmony. Especially gaining a gorgeous yet extravagant girl as your spouse,”

 

“What is there to celebrate if it’s only to be a marriage of convenience? I would rather finish that swine's head to make him stop barking than this,” Alvar replied, balling his fist, hidden from the Godfather’s eyes.

 

“Well, well, look who’s one to talk” The Godfather stopped in his path, so does the distressed Alvar. 

 

He slammed the bottom edge of his cane unto the ground, if it wasn’t for the thick carpet covering the floor, the tiles would have cracked in bits.

 

Corleone shot an eerie glare towards his “son” with a spine-tingling expression written across his face, “Remember what we had agreed on, I take it’s better if you’re the one to be wedded off, correct? Rather than a certain someone who you hold dearly,”

 

Alvar took in a gasp of air with a hiss, balling his fist more intensely until it was quivering. Shivers ran down all over his body. Leaving a red mark or two on his skin under those gloves. As if those words provoked him, however, he couldn’t do anything about it. After all…. their little agreement wasn't the first choice the Godfather had in mind. 

 

Would you want your sister to take the pressure of an arranged marriage upon her shoulders instead?” 

 

Alvar’s brows knitted in distress as he closed his eyes for a moment, imagining the angelic look on his sister’s face. The sweet yet uplifting melody of her voice calling out to him rings all over in his head. The way she always smiles seems to work to keep him motivated every single time he saw it.

 

Big brother!!”

 

If he turned away from it now, what will happen to her? No... he can't possibly let that happen.

 

Alvar clicked his tongue in dissatisfaction, “Absolutely not, especially giving her into enemy territory,” Alvar scowled as he opened his eyes with certainty deep within his Amber colored eyes.

 

“Then all that’s left is for you to take her place, we all must make sacrifices, do we not?” The Godfather added, tilting his head to look directly to the side of Alvar’s face.

 

“Of course,”

 

“What is our motto? The quotes of the Flammia Family. Tell me, Alvar” Corleone paused as Alvar took a deep breath and exhaled 

 

Thou shall give your lives in exchange for true power and loyalty, will only then thou succeed on the top.

 

The strongest shall thrive,” Corleone cut Alvar’s words briefly, stopping the man from continuing. Which he already knew what comes next.

 

While the weak will perish, nothing but chains that will hold us down,

.

.

.

"Good"

.

.

.

.

3 weeks later

1