5 Fen’er Needs a Sword (4): The Best Sword in the World
350 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Bei Fen blinked when he opened the door and saw his Master, as well as his three senior martial brothers in front of it. "Master. First senior martial brother. Second senior martial brother. Third senior martial brother." He looked at all of them after each other, not understanding what was going on. "Why did you come?"

Baili Chao rubbed his little disciple’s head and smiled. "Ah, you see, Fen’er, you’ve been here for quite a while now. It’s time you learn how to use a sword."

Yun Bei Fen beamed. "Like senior martial brother Mei?"

"Uh … Yes." Baili Chao coughed and motioned to his other three disciples. "When learning how to use the sword, it’s important that you have a good one that is suitable for you. Your senior martial brothers pondered this in the last two weeks and all found a sword they think might be suitable for you. Why don’t you take a look at them now and decide which one to use?"

Yun Bei Fen nodded and turned to his senior martial brothers.

Zhi Guan stepped forward and held his sword in front of Yun Bei Fen. "It’s a little smaller and lighter than other swords. Learning will be easier for you with this since you’re still small."

Yun Bei Fen nodded. "Thank you, first senior martial brother!" He wanted to take the sword from him but Yan Hong Min jumped in front of him.

"Ah, wait, wait, wait! No need to take it. Take a look at my sword first!" He showed Yun Bei Fen the one he had modified with sparkling eyes. "How is it? It’s not that small but I added a little something so swinging it will have two times the effect! And it even makes sounds when you use it. How about senior martial brother demonstrates for you?" He lifted the sword but Baili Chao caught his arm with a dark expression.

"No need for a demonstration. Let Luo Lin show him his sword." After all, he didn’t want to lose another bit of greenery. His own hill looked bad enough.

Luo Lin smiled and crouched down in front of Yun Bei Fen, holding up the sword. "This is the sword I found for you. It looks a little old but I’m sure you’ll love it!" He motioned for Yun Bei Fen to step closer and leaned forward, whispering something into his ear.

Yun Bei Fen’s eyes lit up and he snatched the sword from Luo Lin’s hands, pressing it against his chest. "Thank you, third senior martial brother! I’ll definitely take good care of it!"

"Mn. I know." Luo Lin patted his little junior martial brother’s head and got up, smiling at his Master. "Master … how about that hairpin now?"

Baili Chao stared at his third disciple. Just what had he said for Yun Bei Fen to react like this? He couldn’t think of anything that might be great about this sword. But, well, he had promised. "Sure. Have a look around and see if there is one you like. You can tell Master then."

"Sure!" Luo Lin smiled, leaned down and kissed Yun Bei Fen’s cheek. "Have fun learning sword arts, little junior!" With that, he turned around and skipped away.

The other two also bid their farewell and returned to their own places.

Meanwhile, Baili Chao turned to his youngest disciple. "Fen’er …"

"Mn? What is it, Master?"

"Why did you decide on this sword?"

"Master said I should have a good sword and this is the best sword in the world! Naturally, I chose this one."

Baili Chao blinked. "Uh … What? Luo Lin told you this is the best sword in the world and you believed him just like that?" Was his little disciple still sleepy?

Yun Bei Fen shook his head. "No, third senior martial brother told me this is the sword senior martial brother Mei used when he learned sword arts. Naturally, it has to be the best sword in the world!"

10