7 The Very Best Cultivator (1): The Competition of the Northern Gate
351 12 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I finished writing "A Hairy Situation" so I'm back to working on A Little Bunny as my main extra. :)

Elder Baili looked at his four disciples gravely. It was days like today where he felt it would have been better to have at least one that was a little more normal. Well, he couldn’t exchange for better ones anyway so he’d have to make do with these ones. At the very least, Zhi Guan might win some honor for him.

He cleared his throat and turned to Yun Bei Fen. "Listen well now, Fen’er: Every five years, the righteous sects hold a competition among their young talents at one of the gates of the world. Our Teng Yong Sect is precisely the Northern Gate that the Black Warrior presides over. And today is the day when the competition will be held at our sect grounds."

"So that is why there are so many people!" Yun Bei Fen’s eyes widened in sudden realization. He had seen many new faces over the last few days and had wondered which Master had taken them in. Ah, but never mind that. The competition was much more important! He should show his Master that he really cared and ask some questions! "Will senior martial brother Mei also take part in the competition?"

Baili Chao’s brows twitched. Was that all this brat was interested in? He really wanted to scold him but looking at Yun Bei Fen’s curious doe eyes, he couldn’t bring himself to even raise his voice. Ah, why had he gotten such a little bunny as his last disciple? Fate seemed to be toying with him!

In the end, he sighed. "I don’t know about that. It depends on whether his Master registered him but with Mei Chao Bing’s age and cultivation base, he should have. So it’s at least likely."

Yun Bei Fen who had deflated at the first part cheered up instantly. So he would be able to see senior martial brother Mei fight?! How great! Senior martial brother Mei was even more handsome than usual while fighting. Yun Bei Fen smiled brightly at his Master, making the old man smile back.

When he noticed what he was doing, Elder Baili coughed and schooled his expression. This child! Looking at him as if a flower would grow out of his head the next moment … Just what was he trying to do?! He’d better concentrate on the important details!

"Anyway, there’ll be several rounds and your senior martial brothers will take part in the competition. You should go and watch their fights."

Yun Bei Fen nodded eagerly. "Don’t worry, Master. I’ll definitely go and cheer senior martial brother Mei on! I won’t forget to show up for even a single one of his fights!"

8