8 How to Catch a Fairy (3): Step Two: Acquire Information
275 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Lei’s fight against Qu Yijun … Those that were present that day weren’t able to forget about it for a long time. Qu Yijun had been Elder Feng’s most prized disciple until that day. He had received many resources from the sect and been personally advised on his cultivation by the Elder himself. There weren’t many in the Teng Yong Sect that would have dared to claim that they would be able to beat him in a fight. But Shen Lei, this almost unknown disciple, just marched right up to him, took out his sword, bowed, and challenged him to a fight as if it was the most normal thing in the world to do. Which reason would somebody of Qu Yijun’s status have to reject such a challenge? Thus he accepted and thus he met his doom.

What everyone had believed to be a fight in favor of Qu Yijun turned out to be a one-sided bashing of the prodigy.

Afterward, Shen Lei sheathed his sword and looked at his victim with eyes sparkling with mirth. "Thank you for your guidance, senior martial brother Qu, you really opened my eyes. Right, now that we’re chatting amicably, there’s this one question I’ve wanted to ask you for a while. Would senior martial brother Qu be willing to answer?"

Qu Yijun glanced up at Shen Lei with a dark expression. Thanking him for his guidance after defeating him like this? This guy was clearly mocking him! What kind of question could he have?

Shen Lei didn’t expect an answer. He just continued to look at his victim and a faint smile lit up his expression. "Let me just ask. If senior martial brother is willing to teach me, you can just answer after hearing it. Naturally, I could also understand if senior martial brother would rather keep some secrets to himself."

Qu Yijun’s expression turned even darker but his whole body hurt so he didn’t dare to talk back. Who knew what this madman would do if he tried?

Shen Lei smoothed out his sleeves in an unhurried manner and secured his sword at his side. "I heard that senior martial brother Qu was able to gain the affection of Elder Baili’s third disciple, Luo Lin. Might I ask how senior martial brother was able to do so?"

Qu Yijun almost coughed up blood. So he had been beaten up because of a beauty?! He never should’ve tried to lure that Luo Lin into his bed! He gritted his teeth and glared at Shen Lei. Hmph, acquiring information from him after trampling on his dignity? He’d be damned if he told this brat a single thing! No, he’d use this opportunity to teach him a lesson if he already presented it to him.

Qu Yijun grimaced and fought himself up on his elbows so he wouldn’t make too bad of an impression. "Why are you asking me, junior martial brother Shen? Isn’t there somebody who can answer that question much better than me?"

"Oh?" Shen Lei frowned. How come there was somebody else? Wasn’t this the guy that had won the fairy’s heart?

"Mn. You should go and ask Sect Master Zhang’s second disciple, Qiao An."

7