9 It’s Not Easy to Be a Master (3): Utterly Defeated
235 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His Master had said that there was still time tomorrow but unfortunately, this didn’t calm Yun Bei Fen down. On the contrary, when his Master left him behind, he started to sniffle and finally, his tears spilled over and ran down his cheeks. He had already taken so long to learn the first way of sensing spiritual energy. Who knew if he would ever learn the second way? Senior martial brother Mei had to be very disappointed in him!

Yun Bei Fen crouched on the grass and continued to cry. Finally, he jumped up and ran over to the house of his first senior martial brother. He loudly knocked on the door, calling out to him. "First senior martial brother! First senior martial brother?"

Soon enough, a tall person came walking over from behind the house. "What’s the matter?" He was carrying his sword as if he had just been training.

Yun Bei Fen rushed over and grabbed his sleeve. "First senior martial brother, second father told me that I have to learn a second way of sensing spiritual energy. But I don’t understand. How can there be two ways?"

Zhi Guan pondered and finally unsheathed his sword, showing it to Yun Bei Fen. "This is a sword. You know that it is a sword and you know that the sword is there. If you look at it, you can see that the sword is there. If I move it, you can hear that the sword is there. Thus you have ascertained that the sword is indeed there in two different ways."

Yun Bei Fen blinked his eyes and understanding slowly dawned on him. So it was like that! He nodded eagerly and hugged his first senior martial brother. "Thank you, first senior martial brother! I understand now." He looked up at the face towering high above him and give a brilliant smile before hurrying away.

Zhi Guan watched him leave and then looked at his sword. He seemed to ponder something but in the end, he just turned around and went back to the plane behind his house, continuing to train his sword arts.

Meanwhile, Yun Bei Fen stopped halfway back to the place where his Master lived. Right, just because he understood now why there were two ways to sense the spiritual energy, that didn’t mean that he knew how to actually sense it. He couldn’t just hear spiritual energy, could he? He pondered the question and couldn’t find an answer. In that case, there was only one thing he could do! Thus the little bunny hobbled to his second senior martial brother’s house.

Once again, Yun Bei Fen knocked on a door and eagerly called out to a senior martial brother. "Second senior martial brother! Second senior martial brother?"

A window opened and something was thrown out.

Yun Bei Fen blinked his eyes and went over. The thing that had landed in the grass was actually a small ball. He crouched down and poked it with a finger. The ball exploded and a cloud of glittering blue sand burst out, dyeing his white robe and his black hair and making him sparkle in the diminishing sunlight. Yun Bei Fen stared ahead with big eyes.

Behind him, the door opened and his second senior martial brother poked out of his head. "Fen’er, ah! What are you doing here?"

Yun Bei Fen leaped to his feet and rushed over, tugging at his second senior martial brother’s sleeve, completely forgetting that his hands were also dyed with glittering blue color. "Second senior martial brother, second father told me that I had to learn a second way of sensing spiritual energy but I don’t know how to do it. So how do I do it?"

Yan Hong Min’s lips twitched. What was this? He wasn’t even getting angry about the dye? Well, it seemed like he had found a good way to clean up his hands already. So maybe there was no reason to be angry.

Yan Hong Min took his sleeve back and shook it out, making some of the dye come off. The glitter stayed behind though. "Uh, what second way of sensing spiritual energy? I don’t know anything about that. Are you sure that this isn’t somebody playing a prank on you?"

Yun Bei Fen’s eyes widened and he stared at his second senior martial brother in stunned silence. His second father was just playing a prank on him? How could that be?! And why had first senior by martial brother actually joined in? Well, at the very least, his second senior martial brother had been so nice to tell him. Even though Yun Bei Fen was very unhappy with what his master and first senior martial brother had done, he smiled at Yan Hong Min and gave him a hug. "Thank you, second senior martial brother! You’ve really helped me a lot!" Then he let go and ran back to his own house.

Yan Hong Min looked down at his white robe that was now full of glittering blue dye and sighed.

The next morning, Elder Baili met with his fourth disciple. Once again, he struck a pose to seem as awe-inspiring as possible and tried to instruct his disciple. "Alright, Fen’er, I’ve already explained yesterday how to do it. Let’s try again."

Yun Bei Fen looked at his Master and pursed his lips, his big eyes tearing up. His second father was still trying to play pranks on him! He sniffled and the tears slowly spilled over. "Second father is mean! I don’t want to learn how to sense spiritual energy in the second way. I don’t want to!"

Baili Chao looked at the little boy, utterly confused. Just why was the child crying? "Fen’er …"

Yun Bei Fen wildly shook his head, making his hair fly in all direction and his tears smear his whole face. He didn’t care about it. He was just very, very sad that his second father would treat him like this. "Second father is mean! Second father doesn’t like Fen’er anymore!"

Baili Chao grew flustered. He crouched down in front of the child and hurriedly patted his shoulder. "What are you even saying, Fen’er? Of course, Master likes you! You’re the person Master likes the most. So stop crying already, won’t you?"

Yun Bei Fen still shook his head. "Second father is being mean! I don’t want to learn the second way of taking in spiritual energy!"

Baili Chao really wanted to say that this was important but when his disciple cried even harder, he couldn’t bring himself to do it. He sighed and patted his head, tousling his hair in the way he liked it. "Alright, alright. Then you won’t have to learn it. Just stop crying, alright?"

Yun Bei Fen sniffled but finally looked at his Master. "Really?"

Baili Chao nodded. "Really. You won’t have to learn it. Just continue with the first way."

Yun Bei Fen finally stopped crying and hugged his Master. "Thank you, second father! You’re the best!"

Baili Chao could only sigh. Alright, he would admit it. He had utterly failed as a Master. He couldn’t even teach his disciple a single new thing because he was utterly defeated by his tears. He could only hope that Yun Bei Fen would someday naturally pick up on these things.

7