10 The Art of Modern Observation (1): Look at My New Invention!
242 10 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haha!" Yan Hong Min jumped to his feet, grabbed his newest invention and rushed out of the door. He hurried over to his Master’s house and stormed in without knocking on the door or announcing himself, rushing straight into his Master’s study. Unfortunately, Baili Chao wasn’t there.

Yan Hong Min stand at the empty seat and pursed his lips. Right, Master had gone to some gathering of old men to discuss cultivation or something. He would only return after a few days. There was no way he could wait that long to show him his invention. No, this engineering marvel had to be admired right now!

He left the house, rushing over to his first senior martial brother’s house instead. He didn’t bother to go in and just directly ran to the plane behind the house, where Zhi Guan was normally training. "First senior martial brother!" Yan Hong Min hurried over, stopping right next to him.

Zhi Guan glanced over and lowered his sword. "What’s the matter? Do you want me to advise you on your sword arts?"

Yan Hong Min’s lips twitched. "Uh … Not today. Actually, I wanted to show you my new invention!" His eyes sparkled and he took something out that vaguely looked like two tubes that were held together by a stick.

Zhi Guan looked at it and nodded. "Mn, so that’s it. Then what can you use it for in a fight?"

Yan Hong Min stared at his first senior martial brother and felt that he had come to the wrong person. "You can’t really use it in a fight."

Zhi Guan furrowed his brows. You couldn’t use it in a fight? Why would he invent something like this then? He felt that his second junior martial brother would be better off training his sword arts but he also knew that he would probably be hurt if he said so so he kept quiet and just nodded. "Oh."

Yan Hong Min pursed his lips and nodded. "Then since senior martial brother has seen this now, I won’t disturb you any longer."

"Mn."

Zhi Guan raised his sword again and continued with his training while Yan Hong Min walked away.

What should he do now? His Master wasn’t there and his first senior martial brother didn’t seem to appreciate his invention. Then maybe …

Yan Hong Min picked up his pace and hurried over to his third junior martial brother’s house instead. He wouldn’t dare to barge into this house since he knew that his third junior martial brother had the bad habit of inviting men over. He certainly wouldn’t want to walk in on something that wasn’t meant for his eyes. He would never be able to get rid of that image if he saw his third junior martial brother in that kind of situation! Thus he stopped in front of the door and raised his hand to knock. Before he could do so, the sound of Luo Lin’s seductive moans already floated out.

Yan Hong Min’s expression darkened again. Who knew how long those two would need to finish? No, he didn’t want to wait that long. It seemed he wouldn’t be able to tell his third junior martial brother either.

He sighed and turned away, aimlessly walking around. Finally, he found himself outside of the area their Master was overseeing. This should be … Elder Feng’s area? Yan Hong Min shuddered. He didn’t have a very good impression of that Elder Feng so he’d rather not risk seeing him. He already wanted to turn away when he saw a small shadow sitting on a big stone, peering out behind a tree.

Yan Hong Min stopped in his tracks and tilted his head. That … Wasn’t that his fourth junior martial brother? What was he doing there? He went over and crouched down next to Yun Bei Fen. "Little Junior, what are you doing here?"

Yun Bei Fen very honestly pointed up a hill. "Do you see that there, second senior martial brother? That’s senior martial brother Mei’s house!"

Yan Hong Min looked over and raised his brows. "So you were observing …" His eyes widened and his expression finally lit up. Right! Why had he never thought of that?! His fourth junior martial brother was the perfect person to present his new invention to!

Yan Hong Min inched closer, took out his invention and held it in front of Yun Bei Fen with a proud expression. "Look here, little junior. This is my new invention. I am calling it the … Distance Magnifying Tool. You can use it to magnify something that’s in the distance." He handed it to Yun Bei Fen and motioned for him to look through the tubes.

Yun Bei Fen took it and then very unabashedly used it to look at the hill. His big eyes blinked and he continued to look. "That’s senior martial brother Mei!" He lowered the Distance Magnifying Tool of his second senior martial brother and blinked his eyes again. How come senior martial brother Mei wasn’t in front of him? Hadn’t he just seen him? He raised the Distance Magnifying Tool and once again, senior martial brother Mei seemed to stand right in front of him.

Yun Bei Fen turned to Yan Hong Min with big eyes. "Second senior martial brother, this is like magic! How do you do that?"

Yan Hong Min straightened up and cleared his throat. "Actually, it’s very easy. There are —" He stopped when Yun Bei Fen raised the Distance Magnifying Tool again and watched the house on the hill, not listening to his explanation at all.

Yan Hong Min sighed. Well, at the very least, there was somebody who admired his effort even though he didn’t want to know any more than that.

8